PDA

View Full Version : new trick...(for me at least)

wareagle69
11-05-2007, 06:13 PM
what i have started doing is training my mind and body for lean times. keep telling the wife we have had it good for a long time starting to get soft. usually when i get hungry i eat. well now when i get the grumblies i wait two hours the feed myself, goona do that for a couple of weeks(takes fourteen days to start a habit) then increase to three hours. combined with the increase in pysical work cause of the new homestead should tax the body well. just another way to test myself and to mentally live the scenario out.

always be prepared.

nell67
11-05-2007, 06:18 PM
cool project WE let us know how you do with it,I have pretty much cut down to one meal a day myself,becuase like you say got too soft,going to the Y 4 days a week now and added yoga classes also to help with the strength and flexability.

trax
11-05-2007, 06:29 PM
My God you people are healthy! Actually, good plan man, and good for you Nell (and that high fish intake in the diet is brilliant!)

nell67
11-05-2007, 06:34 PM
Ya know they say fish is good for you!

trax
11-05-2007, 06:49 PM
that was my hint that I'm still hanging around waiting for that dinner invitation next time you're cooking a fresh catch. (talk about the wolf at the door, lol)

wareagle69
11-05-2007, 06:50 PM
i love to ride the dinner trail...

nell67
11-05-2007, 06:57 PM
thinking about going out again this weekend.....supper will be ready at about 8:30

Beo
11-06-2007, 11:34 AM
Gawd I hate fish.... aghhhh... stinking mess. But Long John Silvers fake fish deep fried in a good fatening batter with deep fried hush puppies, yuuuumy yum... lol... talk about not healthy.
I'll stick to deer meat, baked beans, mac & cheese or mashed potatoes, collored greens w/ hot sauce, corn on the cob. (How ya think I got to weigh 235 lbs :D) but us big guys gotta eat. My excerise is hiking at least three days a week and chasing perps through the hood :D

trax
11-06-2007, 03:40 PM
Gawd I hate fish.... aghhhh... stinking mess. D

These words from a man who's career choice demands that he subsist on jelly donuts.:D :D j/k :D

wareagle69
11-07-2007, 10:12 PM
probably a good thing he doesn't know what a double double is the eh trax.

FVR
11-07-2007, 10:28 PM
Have not gone as far as WE, but I have taken to eating fish at least 3 times min. a week. Salads, white rice and holding back on the steaks and deep fried foods.

I drink alot of water, if not water it's gatorade. I have a pretty physical job and love every minute of it.

Trax speaks of collard greens, I can't get enough of them. I could eat them or spinach every meal, same as rice. I can't get enough rice, don't care what kind it is.

Now, last Jan. 1, I was weighing in at 225 lbs at 5'10". I am now down to 200lbs, have to be doing something right.

Oh yeh, kids are running me ragged.

eddiec
11-07-2007, 11:04 PM
Just remember guys, it's all about the good ole food triangle that our fine and trusting gov't has provided for us. Just remember to add a lot of fried foods (preferably fast foods) and a bunch of partially hydrogenated liquified and then re-solidified monosodium hydro-glucosamine high fructose gelatinous goodness. All made for a well balanced healthy diet. Just look at me; 5'6'', 210 pounds. A model of real American fitness... God, I need a carrot...

dilligaf2u2
11-08-2007, 01:37 AM
I am in shape! I am in great shape.

Round is a shape! Right?

Don

Beo
11-08-2007, 11:00 AM
No jelly donuts here, just glazed, but jelly works in pinch if squeeze out that guts... hmmm sounds like the frog thing, and yes Trax I lick the donuts... lol... :D:D:D (Add yellow dye no.3 here and red no.2) :D

trax
11-08-2007, 12:07 PM
reminds me of Homer and his donut when Lisa asks for fruit "It's got purple in it. Purple's a fruit right?"

Definitely have to introduce Beowulf to the double double.

nell67
11-08-2007, 05:03 PM
Ok I gotta ask,whats a double double??

wareagle69
11-08-2007, 05:58 PM
when i was new to canada i said the same thing
it seems here that canadians have a love affair with coffee, a place called tim horton's is the place to be a double double is two creams and two sugars.
it's weird to walk in and say large double double please and that's all. i did hear one feller ask four an extra large four by four.

nell67
11-08-2007, 06:06 PM
AHHH ,well duh nell! shoulda figured that one out.Maybe not though as I take mine straight up black LOL!

Beo
11-08-2007, 08:23 PM
I drink mine (a 20 ounce every morning) black with ten sugars (packs) and then its tea the rest of the day. :D

Stealth
11-08-2007, 09:02 PM
i like how this thread went from talking about staying fit to consuming copious amounts of caffeine and sugar :P

trax
11-08-2007, 09:24 PM
i like how this thread went from talking about staying fit to consuming copious amounts of caffeine and sugar :P

we obviously have our priorities straight. lol, they even put double double in a dictionary as a Canadian expression. Timmy's rocks, there's a "direct line" through their drive thru on my way to work.

marberry
11-09-2007, 12:18 AM
i have never seen a tim hortens with less then 10 people in it. my uncle owns one in edmonton and is making a fortune. its just ridiculous , course a few of my friends work there so is aight

back to fitness , i used to work out for an hour + every day but now i only lift for about 2 hours a week. still get in alot of exercise running with my dog twice a day, im 6'0" 169 LB

sam30248
11-09-2007, 07:28 PM
nice idea i might give it a try , good luck with it

dilligaf2u2
11-10-2007, 07:25 AM
It seems most of you are in the great shape I am in. Round!

I work from home! I have my coffee all day long. Sometimes 3 or 4 12 cup pots. 1/2ts sugar and no cream.

I wonder if Pop Tarts count as Pastry. How about fruit?

My work outs consist of chasing Grand Kids around all day and waiting for TDW to come up with another honey-do!

I do fast from breakfast to lunch and from lunch to dinner. After dinner I eat whatever TDW lets me!

Dilli

trax
11-12-2007, 02:18 PM
I do fast from breakfast to lunch and from lunch to dinner. After dinner I eat whatever TDW lets me!

Dilli

I have to admire that kind of self-discipline

Rick
12-07-2007, 10:47 PM
I try to strictly adhere to the two basic food groups....sweets and preservatives.

trax
12-10-2007, 05:06 PM
Two basic food groups? 1. What I'm having now. 2. What I'm having next.

toasta
12-10-2007, 10:57 PM
my diet consists of eating something small-ish about every 30 min. sleeping for 12-13 hours and best of all hiking and lifting crates. the little fat i have is for emergency and under it nothing but muscle:cool:

Rick
12-11-2007, 08:50 AM
As I've gotten older, my dietary requirements changed. I usually only eat one meal now. It's starts when I get up and ends when I go to bed. What little muscle I have is for emergency and over it nothing but fat. Hey, it's winter. Gotta stay warm.

FVR
12-12-2007, 10:15 PM
Water, drink water. You don't need soda, drink water. Have a glass right next to me, squeeze a little lemon in it for a change.

I drive an F-250 many hours a day. I put in a console, right down to my left between the door and the seat are two 15 pound weights. Traffic jam, do curls, 3 variations. Getting late in the day and you feel sleepy, do curls. Feeling sleepy and need gas, pull them out and do 25 pushups, what you can't do 25, ahhh, then do 10... that will wake you up.

First job of the day, 25 push ups, quick set of 40 curls or maybe tricep extensions.

Driving down the road and your thirsty, drink water. Working hard, drink diluted gatoraid and water, not just one or the other, mix it up.

I'm a water nut.

hunty18
12-12-2007, 11:11 PM
I'm 18 and still in school with a busy schedule. I'm a bando (bando=a true band member) which takes up a lot of my time, so i never get to exercise much. Marching Band season is the best exercise I get out of the whole year, which is equivalent to playing a soccer game in 15 minutes. (They actually did tests on it.) It's harder then it seems, it's physically and mentally challenging. If you ever seen a field show, you know what I mean, because we make it look easy. I can eat alot and I'm only 5'7 and weigh 140, so I think I'm doing pretty good. I think it might have something to do with me having a busy schedule, which allows me to keep going.

NavyENC
12-13-2007, 12:11 AM
Donuts? I've always heard the cops up here call them Energy Rings.

Nativedude
12-13-2007, 04:17 AM
All my food is organic. Organic dairy, organic fruits, veggies, & herbs. Even the seeds I sow in my garden are organic. All my meat is wild. Caribou, sheep, elk, deer, etc. All natural, fresh off the hoof!

Been eating this way for 2 years now. I feel so much better. :D

Beo
12-13-2007, 11:34 AM
Screw that, I eat small meals all day of whatever I want, I don't buy into the colestoral thing or cheese is bad for you, soda water is bad, red meat bad, I just eat and get my excerise twice a week and everyweekend in the forests. Keeps me fit and I pass my weigh-in and body fat, mile 1/2 run and obstacle course every year for the sheriff's office. All determined on your hieght, age and gender. But my time in the mile 1/2 is 12 minutes give or take a few seconds either way. All done on eating what I want and trekking the forests and rivers here.

trax
12-13-2007, 03:59 PM
I've found the doughnut and fitness thread that Jay spoke of...feel like I just came home. I'm with Beo, eat what I want, make sure I work it off. I certainly have a preference for wild meat, but chances are if it's dead, I'll eat it (there are some caveats to that...but not many) Excuse me now...I hear a doughnut calling out to me....traaaaxxx....N er Geee ringgggg.....

Beo
12-13-2007, 04:06 PM
I'm a meater by the natural way God made me, I'm on the top of the food chain for a reason (depending on where I am, ocean not so high up, deep forests might be the grizzly, mountains might be the cougar, but if their gonna eat me they gotta work for it) so I eat everything I want. :D
And yes PETA stands for People Eating Tasty Animals :D

toasta
12-13-2007, 09:52 PM
All my food is organic. Organic dairy, organic fruits, veggies, & herbs. Even the seeds I sow in my garden are organic. All my meat is wild. Caribou, sheep, elk, deer, etc. All natural, fresh off the hoof!

Been eating this way for 2 years now. I feel so much better. :D

all my food is organtic too...

they are sraight out of the bag into the microwave and viola! organtic processed food that takes 20 seconds to heat up/ with occasional miners lettuce

Sarge47
12-13-2007, 11:18 PM
I'm on a "see-food diet" I see food, I eat it. I used to a "fork-lift" diet, but I found that a Tablespoon works better than a fork....:rolleyes::D

Rick
12-14-2007, 06:54 AM
Food is, well, food. I have incisors for cutting and shearing and molars for chopping and crushing so that just about covers the entire animal, plant and preservatives kingdoms. Dead isn't always a requirement but I do knock off the horns first. They're a might pokey goin' down.

Proud American
12-15-2007, 11:02 AM
Wow My post is late but here it is!
Dont drink Coffee or Tea to boost me(no energy drinks to wake me up at 5 o'clock either) Love Donuts, no Jellies though just give me Chocalate!

Aww man thought you guys were talkin about hamburgers with that Double Double but noooooooooooo just Coffee! At IN and Out (a blessing that California Has!) I gert a 4x4 shake and a fries! So good but probably one of the worst things for you (dosent stick to me at my age)

nell67
12-15-2007, 11:09 AM
4x4 shake??

FVR
12-15-2007, 11:10 AM
HS students don't need coffee, wait till you get a might bit older you young fart.

Coffee is gooooooodddddddd, the stronger the better. So, ya get the shakes after 8 cups, the movement keeps you warm.

If you really want a treat, let that chocolate bar melt in it.

Rick
12-15-2007, 11:18 AM
Coffee. Ah, nectar of the gods. It's what makes me get out of bed in the morning. Chocolate, on the other hand, is what makes life worth living.

Sugar is something you feed the grandkids late at night just before they go home with mom and dad. Sort of a grandparent's way of getting even. Muwahahahahahaha.

Sarge47
12-15-2007, 02:54 PM
I Don't drink coffee. The smell nauseates me and the taste is even worse. I drink tea, and outdoors I drink mucho tea with lots of sugar. One of my survival books says it this way..."Tea quenches thirst, coffee agravates it." Don't know if that's true or not and I'm not drinking coffee to find out thank you very much.:rolleyes:

nell67
12-15-2007, 02:58 PM
I Don't drink coffee. The smell nauseates me and the taste is even worse. I drink tea, and outdoors I drink mucho tea with lots of sugar. One of my survival books says it this way..."Tea quenches thirst, coffee agravates it." Don't know if that's true or not and I'm not drinking coffee to find out thank you very much.:rolleyes:
iced tea no sugar.coffee no sugar.hot tea with honey no sugar,better for you that way.

Rick
12-15-2007, 03:05 PM
hot tea with honey

Who's honey?

nell67
12-15-2007, 03:08 PM
Who's honey?
Rick,be nice:D

Rick
12-15-2007, 04:09 PM
Yes, ma'am.:rolleyes:

wareagle69
12-15-2007, 04:52 PM
exercise, eat right and die anyways...

nell67
12-15-2007, 04:53 PM
True enough.

Nativedude
12-15-2007, 06:28 PM

Coffee is a diuretic. The caffeine in it causes and expedites dehydration, and actually, increases perspiration, which in turn, causes dehydration. I have seen survival videos and books that promote people drinking coffee in the winter to help them stay warm. Coffee is very hard on the digestive tract, and through the digestive system having to work harder, causes dehydration. And yes coffee does not quench thirst. It does aggravate it.

Non-caffeinated herbal teas are much better for you. They give you some much needed minerals, vitamins, and energy (in a survival situation). Plus they can stave off the feeling of hunger and warm up your core body temp. (in winter).

I encourage people that I take out to bring their favorite "non-caffeinated" herbal teas with them. It is a small comfort to the "newbies".

Rick
12-15-2007, 06:50 PM
Wow. That's a little barbaric. Decaf = Withdrawal. Shaky advice, right Juan? Hey! Man! Look what your donkey did. Ah, jeees. Who's gonna clean that up?

Nativedude
12-15-2007, 07:10 PM
Wow. That's a little barbaric. Decaf = Withdrawal. Shaky advice, right Juan? Hey! Man! Look what your donkey did. Ah, jeees. Who's gonna clean that up?

LMFAO. . .LOL. . .LOL. . .LOL!!! :D :D :D

Rick
12-15-2007, 07:34 PM
If it will make you feel any better I can go with Tazo Green Tea. Tazo only, though. It has a petite and well mannered flavor reminiscent of, well, green tea.

nell67
12-15-2007, 07:37 PM
Well mannered? as opposed to????

Rick
12-15-2007, 08:20 PM
Wolf Pack!

nell67
12-15-2007, 08:27 PM
True! LOL! But you were talking about TEA!

Rick
12-15-2007, 08:29 PM
It's an apple and oranges comparison. Actually, tea and wolves.

nell67
12-15-2007, 08:32 PM
Yep,I got that.

trax
12-19-2007, 04:43 PM
never wolf down your tea.

nell67
12-19-2007, 04:56 PM
Funny,:D trax

Rick
12-19-2007, 05:01 PM
There you go. The trail comes full circle. And folks thought the world was flat.

kg5388
01-26-2008, 04:04 PM
Ok I gotta ask,whats a double double??

Down here a double double is 2 half pound burger patties with 2 slices of cheese
man now i got to walk 2 miles down to Dyers and get a burger :)

Sam
01-26-2008, 04:32 PM
I lost 20+ lbs. thru my trusty high stress, no sleep 16 hour work day, to busy cooking food to eat diet. Don't try this at home, it sucks. Now I'm trying the month off from work eat what I want and sleep a lot diet.

Assassin Pilot
01-27-2008, 02:18 PM
good thing I'm still young enough to have a high metabolism so I can eat pretty much what I want :)

nell67
01-27-2008, 06:57 PM
Today,I learned that I NEVER want to change a fuel pump on a vehicle again ggrrr,what a pain.

wareagle69
01-27-2008, 07:11 PM
see my what i learned today thread.

nell67
01-27-2008, 07:12 PM
oops mmm,thought I was in that thread,LOL thats what happens when you stare at the underside of a vehicle for 3 hours:o,was still a new trick for me!