PDA

View Full Version : New, too!

trick-r-treat
02-07-2007, 04:59 PM
I guess I will take this opportunity to introduce myself here, as well. I have 2 children, 1 girl, 23 and a boy, 15 and even though my kids are 'bigger" we still love doing things together. I love the outdoors so this will be a great place to learn and share!

Wolf Creek
02-07-2007, 05:46 PM
I really enjoyed alot of good times with the family outdoors. Age doesn't matter my grandpa loved a campfire and a good story. I think we all need some slow easy time to get away from our fast pace lifestyles. How many kids these days have roasted marshmellows.

LarryB
03-02-2007, 03:12 PM
Hi there friend, glad to see you made it into our forum. I'm new here too but I'm startin' to feel welcome already. :) Where do you live? It's SO great that you get outdoors with your kids. Our time with them, is SO limited that we should do everything possible to spend as much quality time with them as we can. That is one of the VERY richest things we will ever have in our lives. Keep it going TrT because your kids are gathering many, many rewards for their patience and time with you, everytime ya'll get out there. They are becoming rich with real life. Too bad so many others don't get that close to their children. :( Looking forward to your future posts, so don't be shy, o.k.? :)

WolfCreek, I hear ya with the campfire cooked marshmellos! I think every single kid should have the opportunity to cook their own before they turn 5 or 6. If not, the parents should be fined or something every week until they take them out and get some bush-roasted marshmellos intto them! :cool:

later,

lb

marberry
05-30-2007, 09:20 PM
lol i am 15, and im a wilderness survival junkie , i have my friends drop me off at a random part of the wilderness and come back in a month to pick me up , its rly fun and great training the longest iv went so far is 6 weeks

the edge
06-14-2007, 09:25 PM
the outdoors is great