PDA

View Full Version : costco is with the program?????

Kamiyama
10-10-2009, 02:41 AM
I didn't know this was publicly out there and in stores...

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11487214&whse=BC&Ne=4000000&eCat=BC|3605|77253&N=4032064&Mo=17&No=0&ViewAll=18&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&cat=77253&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&Sp=C&hierPath=3605*77253*75277*&topnav=

Shelf Reliance is your premier source for food storage and emergency preparedness planning. Because nothing is more important than the health and safety of your family, they provide only top-of-the-line products. Shelf Reliance’s line of THRIVE Foods are held to the highest standards. All THRIVE Foods have been developed with everyday menu planning in mind; however, they are also designed to be added to your long term food storage. With their great taste and simple preparation, THRIVE foods are the perfect place to turn for healthy, delicious meals anytime.

The THRIVE 1 Year Food Supply comes complete with 78 #10 cans ranging 5 food groups: grains, fruits, veggies, meats & beans and dairy. With over 4,700 servings and many foods with a shelf life of up to 20 years, this package will give you variety, nutrition, and peace of mind. In addition to the high quality foods this package provides, a wheat grinder is included.

* 1 Year Food Supply for 1 Person
* 6 Month Food Supply for 2 People
* 3 Month Food Supply for 4 People
* Shipment arrives in 14 separate boxes
* Freeze-dried products have up to a 20 year shelf life if unopened
* Dehydrated products have up to a 10 year shelf life if unopened
* Simple rehydration instructions, recipes, and helpful tips on each can
* 4723 total servings
* Seventy-eight #10 cans
* Wheat Grinder included

This THRIVE 1 Year Food & Storage contains 78 #10 (gallon size) cans and 1 Grain Mill grinder. See below for specific package contents.

Grains

* 3 Cans of Instant White Rice (48 servings per can)
* 9 Cans of Hard White Winter Wheat (44 servings per can)
* 1 Wheat Grinder
* 3 Cans of Spaghetti (32 servings per can)

Vegetables

* 6 Cans of Potato Chunks (42 servings per can)
* 3 Cans of Freeze-Dried Sweet Corn (54 servings per can)
* 3 Cans of Freeze-Dried Green Peas (41 servings per can)
* 3 Cans of Freeze-Dried Chopped Onions (50 servings per can)
* 1 Can of Freeze-Dried Cauliflower (43 servings per can)
* 1 Can of Freeze-Dried Broccoli (47 servings per can)

Fruits

* 3 Cans of Organic Apple Slices (17 servings per can)
* 3 Cans of Freeze-Dried Strawberries (43 servings per can)
* 2 Cans of Freeze-Dried Blueberries (50 servings per can)
* 2 Cans of Freeze-Dried Raspberries (48 servings per can)

Dairy

* 3 Cans of Instant Milk (65 servings per can)
* 3 Cans of Chocolate Drink Mix (65 servings per can)
* 3 Cans of Cheese Blend (36 servings per can)

Proteins/Beans

* The taste and texture of TVP (Textured Vegetable Protein) is consistent with real meat, making it a great addition to vegetarian diets
* 6 Cans of Bacon TVP (54 servings per can)
* 3 Cans of Beef TVP (44 servings per can)
* 3 Cans of Chicken TVP (45 servings per can)
* 3 Cans of Taco TVP (42 servings per can)
* 3 Cans of Pinto Beans (49 servings per can)
* 3 Cans of Lentils (52 servings per can)
* 6 Cans of Whole Eggs (236 servings per can)

Ralph
DMTTofD

wareagle69
10-10-2009, 06:50 AM
i would like to try some cans in smaller versions, especially the vegetables, but the TVP there is no way i want that stuff, i bought some a couple of years ago and it is nasty, no way i found to get rid of the taste, i think it was even worse than the wifes cooking. dogs wouldn't stop licking there butts for days, wife wanted to know why, so l said"there trying to get the taste of your cooing out of there mouths" and then the fight started. seriuosly tho terrible stuff.

Rick
10-10-2009, 08:44 AM
Costco offers the five gallon bucket version. It's 100% vegetarian. But toss in a squirrel, bunny or bird and viola!

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11219554

Winnie
10-10-2009, 12:48 PM
TVP hmm has a rather nasty side effect on Winnie jnr's wind production and velocity. He could probably produce enough methane to run a small generator on it.:blushing:

Seriously tho, we both had a very nasty bout of Montezumas revenge on the stuff. We'll stick with beans and foraged meat protein.

pocomoonskyeyes
10-10-2009, 03:09 PM
When a critter that will eat anything you throw at it turns it's nose up at TVP that told me everything I ever wanted to know about it. No thanks.

AVENGED
10-10-2009, 03:11 PM
Over In California They Sell Caskets. Saw Some Lady Pushing One Out And I Was Wondering Why Her Husband Wasn't There Helping Her??? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm :innocent: