PDA

View Full Version : Cross Training

Beo
11-02-2007, 02:03 PM
I keep getting asked what I do in the off time when I'm not in the woods, hiking, or camping. Do I do any cross training? Well yes I do, I go jogging and walking with the wife. But that's because being a cop I feel I gotta be in good shape. Now most of my free time is actually in the woods hiking and camping and that I feel keeps you in good shape and works the whole body (of course I'm on here alot now reading the things you freaks put up to view :D
I also do a lot of canoe and kayaking, that will really build up your arm strength.
So does anyone else cross train?

MCBushbaby
11-02-2007, 02:44 PM
I'm doing this (http://www.mensworkoutguide.com/home.html) for 16 weeks, only that I'm doing it every day instead of 3x/week like he recommends. I figure it's completely free, complimentary videos, and downloadable content (on his new website, coming Nov 13) so I lose nothing if it doesn't work.

In addition, winter's approaching and unlike most of you lower-state-dwellers, I get to chop and stack firewood year round. Good endurance exercise if it could be considered an exercise.

nell67
11-02-2007, 03:01 PM
I have just started going back to the Y again ,if that counts,LOL

trax
11-02-2007, 04:36 PM
I don't have an "off" season. There's something to do out there in all four seasons, but I also run a fitness program two nights a week (very light fitness program, lol) I also get in plenty of woodsplitting and yeah it definitely counts as exercise in this dawg's books.

dilligaf2u2
11-07-2007, 01:08 AM
I do not have to work out! I am perfect in every way. I also have this great ocean front property for sale, cheep, outside Denver Colorado.

Being: old, fat, bald, bow legged, pot bellied, toothless, and ugly. I do not see where I can improve!

Don

wareagle69
11-07-2007, 10:31 PM
i don't work out..... i work..that's it that's all..

FVR
11-07-2007, 10:52 PM
My job keeps me in the shape that others pay to gyms to get.

I carry two 15lb dumbbells in the truck, when I feel a little drowsy, no coffee, just 30 curls each arm. Get some strange looks, but hey, what keeps ya going.

I do need to do a bit more cardio, couple weeks.