PDA

View Full Version : It was a turdy pointer..........

hunter63
09-24-2009, 12:28 PM
Well at the risk of ridicule, for you viewing pleasure,
The Turdy pointer:

http://www.techbanyan.com/5382/30-point-buck-shot-bow-arrow-wisconsin-photos/
I would quite hunting if I got it, how you gonna beat that.

RangerXanatos
09-24-2009, 12:59 PM
Links didn't work for me.

glockcop
09-24-2009, 02:11 PM
Me Neither.

hunter63
09-24-2009, 03:29 PM
Try this one:
http://www.techbanyan.com/5382/30-point-buck-shot-bow-arrow-wisconsin-photos/

Rick
09-24-2009, 03:38 PM
OMG!!!!! That's Vixen!!!!! This is a tragedy. Now how will the song go?

On Dancer. On Prancer. On Cupid and dead reindeer? The sleigh is bound to pull to one side now and the old man will be circling the earth unable to get back to the North Pole.

Oh the humanity!!!!

GrizzlyGirl
09-24-2009, 10:53 PM
hehehe @Rick... thats funny :P
Thanks for that link Hunter, absolutely incredible deer!

crashdive123
09-24-2009, 10:58 PM
OMG!!!!! That's Vixen!!!!! This is a tragedy. Now how will the song go?

On Dancer. On Prancer. On Cupid and dead reindeer? The sleigh is bound to pull to one side now and the old man will be circling the earth unable to get back to the North Pole.

Oh the humanity!!!!

Ooooooh ---- that Vixen.

Rick
09-24-2009, 11:03 PM
Yeah. Vixen the reindeer, not the dancer...But that's another one. oh, this whole thing is so confusing.

glockcop
09-25-2009, 11:57 AM
That is just awesome but it must be bitter sweet for that hunter. To shoot a great buck is why we trophy hunt but now he knows that he just shot the best buck he will EVER get. Years more ahead of him in a deer stand and it will never ever be bested. May as well sell his rifle and take up golf now. There is no topping that one for him. It almost saddens me for his executed spirit. Sniffle, sniffle, sniffle....I..I gotta...I gotta go :bawling:.

crashdive123
09-25-2009, 01:47 PM
I guess I just don't understand trophy hunting. Or maybe a better way to say it is that I understand it, but disagree with it.

glockcop
09-25-2009, 02:11 PM
I guess I just don't understand trophy hunting. Or maybe a better way to say it is that I understand it, but disagree with it.

So, You would shoot a small doe over a largely racked buck? Shoot what ya want pal. I'll do the same. Best.

Rick
09-25-2009, 02:13 PM
The object is to hunt for meat and trophy hunting isn't on my list. That's a great deal like passing up a rabbit for a larger one or a squirrel for a larger one. Doesn't it make sense if meat is standing in front of you, take it?

nell67
09-25-2009, 02:17 PM
So, You would shoot a small doe over a largely racked buck? Shoot what ya want pal. I'll do the same. Best.

With a rack that size,there can only be jerky left under the hide,trophies are for the birds...

cdrock00
09-25-2009, 02:21 PM

That's the same way I view it Crash. As an avid animal lover (not PETA-crazy though), I've never understood trophy hunting. If it's to put food on your family's table, fine, but just to see who can shoot the biggest 'game', baffles me a little. Especially around here where deer can be ran to death with dogs, and the intent of food plots are misused...but thats just my opinion.

2dumb2kwit
09-25-2009, 02:23 PM
With a rack that size,there can only be jerky left under the hide,trophies are for the birds...

Yeah, but a nice rack.....uh...nevermind.:blushing:

Rick
09-25-2009, 02:25 PM
You just look at the pictures, too, don't you?

nell67
09-25-2009, 02:25 PM
2d2k=BAN:sneaky2::sneaky2::sneaky2::smash::smash:: smash:

crashdive123
09-25-2009, 02:32 PM

I'd shoot whatever I need to in order to put food on my table. All I was saying was that I disagreed with trophy hunting. No need to be antagonistic toward everybody that does not agree with your opinion.

2dumb2kwit
09-25-2009, 02:35 PM

2d2k=BAN:sneaky2::sneaky2::sneaky2::smash::smash:: smash:

So...

..The only thing that upsets you more than a big rack, is for a guy to notice it. LOL:innocent:

(It appears that I've struck a nerve. Ooops!)

glockcop
09-25-2009, 02:42 PM

You obviously "Get it". To clear the water a bit I do not believe in hunting anything that I don't intend to eat, but if you get the bonus of a nice rack, well all the better. For you "trophy challenged " folks, the large rack is a reward/badge of honor of sorts for doing both your home work and field work and passing up the young and inferior game for the prosperity of the species. It is what seperates us from the animals. Animals take what they can get, when they can get it. Man takes his time, applies his knowledge and skills, and strives for better than what "chance" deals him. It is part of being human that all of us were born with. To deny the desire for better game or better anything for that matter, is to deny your human intellect and a hunter's spirit. "More" of a good thing is rarely bad. Like I said, "Yall shoot what you want, I'll do the same". Be safe

glockcop
09-25-2009, 02:47 PM
I'd shoot whatever I need to in order to put food on my table. All I was saying was that I disagreed with trophy hunting. No need to be antagonistic toward everybody that does not agree with your opinion.

Back off, Brother. I was not critisizing you or asking for agreement from anyone. I was just stating the fact that you can shoot what you want and so can I. CHILL OUT! Man,.. don't be so defensive. Stay safe

crashdive123
09-25-2009, 02:48 PM
Yeah. Whatever. Good luck with that.

nell67
09-25-2009, 02:57 PM
So...

..The only thing that upsets you more than a big rack, is for a guy to notice it. LOL:innocent:

(It appears that I've struck a nerve. Ooops!)
LMAO! no,no nerve struck,just wonderig if we are talking about the same rack here.... I was talking about the antlers,and you?????

@ glockcop,anything old enough to have antlers that large is tough meat,and not really what I want to put o the table.

glockcop
09-25-2009, 02:59 PM
Crash, has somebody been in Paw Paws medicine again? Or is it time to :)? Too many people wear their feelings on their sleeves. Lighten up a little. I posed a sarcastic question with the intent for a friendly rebuttle but you obviously took it to heart. I expressed my "opinion" and that is all it is. Stay safe.

crashdive123
09-25-2009, 03:02 PM
http://www.wilderness-survival.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8832

glockcop
09-25-2009, 03:09 PM
http://www.wilderness-survival.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8832

Do "I" have to have the last word? To quote you in that thread, "NO" :). Stay safe, Brother.

glockcop
09-25-2009, 03:38 PM
LMAO! no,no nerve struck,just wonderig if we are talking about the same rack here.... I was talking about the antlers,and you?????

@ glockcop,anything old enough to have antlers that large is tough meat,and not really what I want to put o the table.

Tough meat is no problem for me. God gave me a full set of teeth and I know how to use 'em. Besides I make tough venison into sausage. :) Stay safe.

hunter63
09-25-2009, 04:03 PM
I also am a "only shoot what you intend to eat" kind of hunter, so I don't shoot squirrels, prairie dogs, or even rabbits, unless they are eating my garden.

But on the other hand, I would have taken that trophy in a heart beat, given the chance.
Already save several dandies,but not like THAT.

Little deer grow into big deer, so they pass, does are shot only to fill the freezer.
That just how it is, not for everyone, I agree.

Most of the people I know (personally) that shoot small bucks, does, etc, will take most anything that walks by, not wanting to put in the time or effort, to score a trophy.
They are the ones that say they are meat hunters.

So, y'all do what ever seems right to you, as I will.
(this post is a statement was only to clarify my opinion, not an attack on any one)

glockcop
09-25-2009, 04:43 PM
I also am a "only shoot what you intend to eat" kind of hunter, so I don't shoot squirrels, prairie dogs, or even rabbits, unless they are eating my garden.

But on the other hand, I would have taken that trophy in a heart beat, given the chance.
Already save several dandies,but not like THAT.

Little deer grow into big deer, so they pass, does are shot only to fill the freezer.
That just how it is, not for everyone, I agree.

Most of the people I know (personally) that shoot small bucks, does, etc, will take most anything that walks by, not wanting to put in the time or effort, to score a trophy.
They are the ones that say they are meat hunters.

So, y'all do what ever seems right to you, as I will.
(this post is a statement was only to clarify my opinion, not an attack on any one)

well said Hunter63 :clap:!!! IN MY OPINION, that sums it up nicely, especially the "not willing to put in the time and effort to score a trophy" part. IN MY OPINION "most", I said "most", strickly meat hunters are not skilled enough to be choosey on their game and kill what they can. For anyone listening, this is just MY OPINION and not meant to be antagonistic toward anyone's hunting practices or ethics. If this trammels anyone's "feelings" I respectfully and genuinely am sorry. I hope everyone has a personally fulfilling hunting season whatever your reason to be in the woods. Yall take care.

2dumb2kwit
09-25-2009, 04:59 PM
I'm going hunting next month. Gonna bag me a spamalope!:innocent:

Rick
09-25-2009, 05:23 PM
Nell, I think 2D was talking about this...

http://bitsandpieces.us/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/imagesnice-20rack-small.jpg

glockcop
09-25-2009, 05:28 PM
Nell, I think 2D was talking about this...

http://bitsandpieces.us/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/imagesnice-20rack-small.jpg

I would definately take that rack. Yeh, Rick! You da man! Hope to find one like that in the woods this year. You meat hunters may be onto something. I am of course talking about the deer. OK, the four legged one. Shhhh....my wife is listening.:) Yall take care.

Ole WV Coot
09-25-2009, 08:29 PM
What's the trophy holding the dead deer for?? I couldn't mount either, the wife would kill me. No trophies on my walls I am sure my rear would feel like 30lbs of raw hamburger if I had either mounted.