PDA

View Full Version : America armed, but guns not necessarily loaded

kx250kev
09-23-2009, 11:22 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090923/ap_on_re_us/us_ammo_shortage

catfish10101
09-24-2009, 02:19 AM
Yea, I read that too. I think the AP needs to take a closer look. I'm sure Amreicans have plenty ammo on hand (I know I do). Most, in fact, probably have more than ever before. Just because it's a bit hard to get, doesn't mean we aint got none. Manufacturers are working 24 hour shifts producing ammo, and you can bet it's not all going to the armed forces. America, at this point, has found reason to prepare for the worst, and are doing so now. That's what's going on.

Ole WV Coot
09-24-2009, 08:31 AM
Read it this morning and had a relative send me the link from Nevada. Maybe someone somewhere who pulls the strings for the country will wake up and realize that many people can't all be paranoid members of some "secret militia", just common people that are flat out scared of_____fill in the blank.

Rick
09-24-2009, 09:26 AM
I don't own any guns or ammo. Is that stuff safe to have in your house?

Old GI
09-24-2009, 09:50 AM
Quick answer: NO, it's not safe.

If you or anybody else ever get any of that highly dangerous stuff, I would be happy to take custody and deal with it properly.

I don't own any guns or ammo. Is that stuff safe to have in your house?

Rick
09-24-2009, 10:02 AM
Whew! Thanks. I'm glad to know that. I'll just tell J. Edgar Hoover to see you since I DON'T OWN ANY WEAPONS OR AMMUNITION.

Mischief
09-24-2009, 04:06 PM
I had a bunch of firearms and ammo,however,lost them all when they fell overboard from my ducky ring float.

I still have my ducky ring float however :sailor:

Mischief