PDA

View Full Version : Prepare for an Emergency by Preparing Others

MCBushbaby
11-02-2007, 10:59 AM
www.freerice.com
No this is not spam, don't worry.

A friend linked me here one day and I was on for a couple hours playing it's game. Basically, they give you a word and you pick the definition out of four possible choices. For each word you get right, freerice donates 10 grains of rice to a third world country via their sponsors. It's neat because it keeps your mind sharp and witty while helping food emergencies in other countries. If you're bored at work or school, spend even a couple minutes giving to the needy. It's free afterall.

trax
11-02-2007, 11:39 AM
They've got some pretty tough ones on there too, I have a pretty good vocabulary when I take it out for a walk and some of those words I was ...???? huh???? Thanks Mitch that was pretty cool

dilligaf2u2
11-10-2007, 07:43 AM
Sounds like the guy that when asked what reward he wanted from the king said, he wanted wheat for a year. Start with one grain and double it from the amount of the day before for a full year. Now who knows how to use their computer?

All I know is when I do the $.01 x 2 30 times, it says I would be rich. Think what it would come to in grains of rice!

Dilli PS: The math test starts now. You have one hour to complete the problem!

owl_girl
11-17-2007, 12:13 AM
Cool.
12,500 grains of rice = 1 cup

survivalhike
11-17-2007, 04:11 AM
I was thinking about that too when I read the first post Owl Girl. Way to kill everyone's furvor about getting food for needy people. To extrapolate that it means that one person would need to answer 1,250 questions right to give one person a meager meal at best, and if a person could answer 10 questions per minute it would take about 2 hours of answering questions to provide that meal.

And for Dilligaf2u2 the old story said two grains the first day, and double the next day of what the pervious day was. So it goes 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048, and on and on until at the end of 30 days your looking at 2147483648 grains of rice or 171799 cups of rice, or 1153 bushels, or 51885 lbs of rice which is worth about $4047 on the open market. That however does not include the price of selling the previous days rice which would value at half the final price per day, each day, going all the way back to the first day. That take would be about $8092 for the month. I definately don't make that much monthly. I should start investing in rice!