PDA

View Full Version : New KaBar Becker Bk2 and mini survival kit

Cnolan76
09-19-2009, 11:02 PM
I just got my Becker Bk2 in the mail yesterday and I love this thing. When I pulled it out of the box, my first impression is this thing is a beast. It is just begging me to thrash it! I have been using a Sog Seal Pup and it has been a great knife but I was worried about its toughness. I hate to say it, but I really abuse my knives. If I am in a real survival situation, I don't want to doubt my number one survival tool.
The first thing I did to the BK2 is attach 6 ft. of paracord as a lanyard. Next I painted a small altoids tin and put a firesteel, scraper, and enough fatwood to start alot of fires. It is attached to the kydex sheath with a 2inch wide ranger band. Tomorrow I will be including a few small hooks, sinkers, and about 25 ft. of fishing line. I usually carry way too many supplies with me into the bush. But should I become seperated from my daypack, I will still have a survival knife, a way to start fire, and a way to procure food. If you can think of anything else that I should put in there, just respond with your suggestions.
Sorry for the quality of photos, but I am using my cell phone.

crashdive123
09-19-2009, 11:08 PM
Good deal. As you say, the BK 2 is one sturdy knife.

Chrs
09-19-2009, 11:29 PM
Could you make the pictures bigger?

Cnolan76
09-20-2009, 10:34 AM
That was taken with my Iphone because my wife killed the camera. I will see what I can do.

crashdive123
09-20-2009, 12:54 PM
@Chrs - here's a picture of my BK 2. I'll bet they are similar.

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii67/crashdive123/Weapons/Knives094.jpg

Icemancometh
09-20-2009, 06:43 PM
Have one, and love it. It is most definitely a tank. not crazy about the plastic sheath though. I actually haven't used mine yet, I keep thinking I am going to make a day trip to my hunting land and test it, but never seem to get there.

Cnolan76
09-21-2009, 04:18 PM
I'm going on a walkabout this weekend and I'm sure that I will see what it's all about. I just got a new hammock that I want to test out.

Chrs
09-21-2009, 07:05 PM
Ok, thanks crash.