PDA

View Full Version : Inserts for loading .22 lr in bigger guns.

hunter63
09-19-2009, 08:03 PM
Been seeing a lot more adapters for shooting .22lr in .45's, .32 in .308, 30-06, and today I saw one to shoot .410 out of a .12 ga. in the Firequest cat.

http://shop.sportsmansguide.com/search/search.asp?r=MainHeader+KW+Box&a=browse&k=.22+lr+

and

http://shop.sportsmansguide.com/search/search.asp?c=4&k=%2E32+apc&a=browse

and

http://www.firequest.com/cgi-ss/cgiwrap/shopsite/sc/productsearch.cgi?storeid=*225bc27b6e859cb95e90600 4b2e695125ecc31

Can't see where they would be very accurate.
Anyone tried them?

crashdive123
09-19-2009, 08:08 PM
Oldsoldier has one set up on his AR platform. Pretty slick little set-up.

SARKY
09-19-2009, 09:05 PM
Don't purchase anything from Sportmansguide! They are morons and idiots plus they hire morons and idiots! Case in point: they had the original style barrel band for the M-1 carbine (the ones without a bayonet lug) and at a good price. I could not prder one as their lawyers had deemed that it violated the CA assault weapons ban.
Point 1: The M-1 Carbine is not on the list of evil weapons in CA
Point 2: The non bayonet lug version would have been more politically correct.
I tried explaining that to the brain dead sales person, their supervisor and his supervisor. "we're simply doing what we are told" sounds like the Nazi Nurremburg defense to me!

Rick
09-19-2009, 11:33 PM
It's okay, Sarkey. You don't have to hold back. You can tell us how you really feel about them.

oldsoldier
09-20-2009, 12:14 AM
Oldsoldier has one set up on his AR platform. Pretty slick little set-up.

The kit I have is the bolt conversion kit. Cost less than $100. ( when I bought it) To change it you pull the rear "upper" pin hinge the barrel assy. forward pull back the charging handle remove the .223 bolt assy. slide in the .22 bolt, latch in place lower the barrel assy. reset the pin and insert the .22 magazine. With practice you can switch from 1 to the other in under a minute. The .22 since it does not have the full barrel sleeve does loose SOME accuracy but at 50-75 yards your only off by a inch or so of center. IMO for the plinkin and fun plus cheaper ammo it's a good trade off.

2dumb2kwit
09-20-2009, 12:31 PM
Oldsoldier, have you had any problems, with you conversion?
I've seen 2 different guys shooting ar's with the .22lr conversion, and both of them kept having feed problems.
(I don't know anything about their conversions. Brand's etc.)

oldsoldier
09-20-2009, 06:08 PM
Oldsoldier, have you had any problems, with you conversion?
I've seen 2 different guys shooting ar's with the .22lr conversion, and both of them kept having feed problems.
(I don't know anything about their conversions. Brand's etc.)

2D when I first bought mine yes I did. It would shoot the first round okay then chamber the second but wouldn't close enough to fire round #2 I would have to eject the round and try again same problem round 1 fires round 2 no. I found that this conversion must be ran wet. ( kept WELL lubed) when I realized that and keep a small can of spray lube ( WD40) handy while shooting .22 and giving a little spray each mag. (30 rounds) I have very little feed problems. Just a little more cleaning at day's end.