PDA

View Full Version : Student Uses Sword To Kill Intruder

Ken
09-15-2009, 10:10 PM
Now watch the anti-sword lobby start screaming. :sneaky2:

Student Uses Sword To Kill Intruder

Cuts off man's hand, lacerates his upper body, police say....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32855934/

pocomoonskyeyes
09-15-2009, 10:51 PM
Well Counselor, I do believe the Student may be in need of your esteemed services. I personally believe he was in the right, protecting his property,and possibly his life,even though his actions were unwise to say the least. He should have stayed inside and called the police,yes. However was it another burglar or a rowdy tomcat? Hard to say what is the right thing to do when some people get charged, or threatened to be charged, with false report of a crime. I don't think that would've been the case, but you hear stories, and who knows what you would do in that situation? I know if I were in that situation,and I went out to check, I would be armed with SOMETHING!!

kx250kev
OMG, I hope the sword is ok. I might have to join the anti-anti-sword lobby now.:art:

canid
nice article.

i think now burglars will be hesitant to go up against samurai. anything to deter crime.

Rick
09-16-2009, 12:31 AM
Loss of your laptop computer: $946.00
Purchase of a samurai sword: $293.00
Being known as the guy who cuts off your freakin' arms if you break into his house: Priceless

samurai steve
09-16-2009, 01:54 AM
:clap:good to hear some people still know how to use those things

Pal334
09-16-2009, 04:47 AM
One for the good guys. I do regret the death of the miscreant. He would have been a great living example of what can happen when you f**k with a samuari :). Forever known as "Stumpy"

Nykh
09-17-2009, 12:01 PM
I didn’t read the exact news story linked to the original message, but on the new’s here in Baltimore it was stated the intruder had upwards of 25 prior convictions and had just been let out of Jail on Sept 12th. Also the same day a burglar attempted to attack a off duty cop in his home, burglar got a ride to the hospital to have multiple bullets removed.
Can’t get a CWP in MD, but looks like it's not needed.

NightShade
09-17-2009, 12:14 PM
Hey the guy lunged at him when he said he was calling police.... He was smart enough to arm himself with the best available weapon and was prepared to use it.... Good guys win!
Further proof a sword can be extremely effective.... Never underestimate anyone!

trax
09-17-2009, 01:04 PM
from the article: "Guglielmi did not know why the student kept a sword. He said he may have had some martial arts training, but was not an expert. "

That doesn't exactly qualify one as samurai, I mean good on the kid for protecting his property and all...I'm just sayin'. A sword wouldn't be my recommended self-defense weapon to 99.99999% of the population, (myself included)

NightShade
09-17-2009, 02:04 PM
Oh I wouldn't reccomend it either.... But as this article states... He was no expert and he faired ok... Not sayin swords are the self defense weapon of choice for Joe Average... Just makin the point that a sword can still mess a person up in our modern times... Don't underestimate someone with a sword!... I know I wouldn't lunge at someone who had a sword!

Rick
09-17-2009, 02:09 PM
I don't know, Trax. We might not be worth a Continental with one but you have to admit, if you are going out, you look pretty cool going out that way. That has to count for something over there.

Trax at Golden Gate: Everyone applauding as he arrives.
Trax: What? The guy shot me.
St. Peter: But do you know how cool you looked just before you got shot?
Everyone shaking head in agreement.
Trax smiling: Yeah? Go on.
St. Peter: Would I lie?

trax
09-17-2009, 04:58 PM
Thanks Rick, but I think I prefer this scenario:

An ancient Trax hobbling up to Golden Gates on his walker, everyone applauding.

Trax: What's all the excitement about? I died of old age...

St. Peter: Know how cool it looked when that intruder at your home came at you with a samurai sword and you blew him away with that 12 guage defender? Guts and gore everywhere! Nicely done.

Rick
09-17-2009, 06:21 PM
Tomato, tomahto.

crashdive123
09-17-2009, 06:35 PM
This thread reminded me of a former member. He didn't last too long before he got banned, but he said he always carried a katana.

NightShade
09-17-2009, 07:46 PM
Well, Katana's are easy to conceal... (sarcasm)

Ken
09-17-2009, 07:51 PM
Everyone's makin' fun of poor Howie. :innocent:

kx250kev
09-18-2009, 12:52 AM
This thread reminded me of a former member. He didn't last too long before he got banned, but he said he always carried a katana.

Wow, that would be difficult.
http://www.motorsports-network.com/SUZUKI/Katana75/kat750.htm :tongue_smilie:

kx250kev
09-18-2009, 12:55 AM

Wow, that would be difficult, but you can do almost everything with a Katana:tongue_smilie:
http://www.motorsports-network.com/SUZUKI/Katana75/kat750.htm

crashdive123
09-18-2009, 05:31 AM
Deja vu all over again.

Rick
09-18-2009, 07:05 AM
Deja vu all over again.