PDA

View Full Version : I mean NO offense

pocomoonskyeyes
09-12-2009, 01:52 PM
But sometimes I add Info that I KNOW YOU KNOW, But I add it anyway,just in case someone out there does NOT know that. Sometimes those with experience in something, assume that because it is so darn simple to them that everyone must surely know it too. Please do not assume I or anyone knows something... I just might not have a clue. While there are a few subjects that I may be well versed in,there are MANY more that I have only a general knowledge in.
Sometimes I will even go into a thread/subject and add something that the thread starter knows but others might not. If you think that I may have left something out that will help others to better understand, by all means do so.
Yeah, this site can be fun, but I do try to learn stuff from you guys and gals. I know others do as well too.
By the way Nell, Thanks!! You said something in another thread that gave me this Idea.... I was trying to learn something... and I did.

Ken
09-12-2009, 01:57 PM
No offense taken, Poco. After all, most of us are here to learn.

Please try to use one syllable words for guys like 2dumb. :innocent:

pocomoonskyeyes
09-12-2009, 02:00 PM
No offense taken, Poco. After all, most of us are here to learn.

Please try to use one syllable words for guys like 2dumb. :innocent:

You mean I can't show off my vo-cab-u-lary ? How's that Ken, think he'll understand now?

2dumb2kwit
09-12-2009, 02:04 PM
You mean I can't show off my vo-cab-u-lary ? How's that Ken, think he'll understand now?

Pfft....It doesn't matter to me, what kind of cab you got here in.:innocent:

Ken
09-12-2009, 02:09 PM

Pfft....It doesn't matter to me, what kind of cab you got here in.:innocent:

See what I mean, Poco?

chiye tanka
09-12-2009, 02:52 PM
Ken, don't you have a thread to verbally beat 2d2k????:clap::smash:
(BTW, a hammer would work better. I'm just saying!):toomany:

Ken
09-12-2009, 02:54 PM
Ken, don't you have a thread to verbally beat 2d2k????:clap::smash:
(BTW, a hammer would work better. I'm just saying!):toomany:

Uh, yeah. :innocent: However, if I can keep it on topic, I like to spread it around a bit. :blushing:

chiye tanka
09-12-2009, 02:56 PM
Gotcha!!!!
Well don't let me slow you down.

NightShade
09-12-2009, 03:41 PM
I never take offens Poco.. matter of fact I appreciate when you add to some of my posts.. especially foraging ones... sometimes I tend to take for granted that people would know the basics... i.e.- the sumac post... I woulda felt really bad if someone went and ate poison sumac due to a misunderstanding!!!!!

Ken
09-12-2009, 03:43 PM
I woulda felt really bad if someone went and ate poison sumac due to a misunderstanding!!!!!

Even 2dumb? :innocent:

pocomoonskyeyes
09-12-2009, 03:58 PM
I never take offens Poco.. matter of fact I appreciate when you add to some of my posts.. especially foraging ones... sometimes I tend to take for granted that people would know the basics... i.e.- the sumac post... I woulda felt really bad if someone went and ate poison sumac due to a misunderstanding!!!!!

See now that is what I mean!! We all do it, Take it for granted that everyone is on the same sheet of music. It Never dawned on me 'Til I read Nell's post in another thread, and all of a sudden a light bulb went off!! 'Cause I didn't know some of the stuff that was being said! That's when I realized the whole inspiration for this thread.(and why I gave Nell Credit)

Even 2dumb? :innocent:
Now Ken!!! Who would you have to pick on then?? Hmmm?

Ken
09-12-2009, 04:06 PM

June 15, 2009. The good ole' days. :innocent:

oldsoldier
09-12-2009, 09:09 PM
Poco i appreciate your input. IMHO repeating information is a good idea especially on a subject that someone has little or no knowledge about.I have always heard that the easiest way to learn something is through repitition. That's why sometimes I repeat myself in posts. I hope that it helps others to pick up on useful information.

erunkiswldrnssurvival
09-12-2009, 10:05 PM
:innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:
:innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: we are all innocent arent we chiye tanka? :phone:

nell67
09-12-2009, 10:14 PM
See now that is what I mean!! We all do it, Take it for granted that everyone is on the same sheet of music. It Never dawned on me 'Til I read Nell's post in another thread, and all of a sudden a light bulb went off!! 'Cause I didn't know some of the stuff that was being said! That's when I realized the whole inspiration for this thread.(and why I gave Nell Credit)

I INSPIRED someone???? Wow,me,I inspired someone,whodathunkit!:blushing::blushing::blushing ::blushing::blushing: Thanks Poco!

canid
09-12-2009, 10:48 PM
i'm offended by this thread.

Rick
09-12-2009, 11:43 PM
If this thread offends you just wait until we get the needle.........

Ole WV Coot
09-13-2009, 06:30 PM
I am really bad making the assumption that everyone knows so why mention it? Glad you cleared up the Japanese sword tempering bit, I made a bad assumption that everyone knew the back was treated with clay to get the nice hamon & curve. I do that a lot and I appreciate anything you can add, keeps me from looking too dumb(one is enough). When I'm wrong I expect and hope someone will correct me. Now get Rick to eat a little poison ivy so he won't get it again.

Rick
09-13-2009, 06:39 PM
Patoooooey!

pocomoonskyeyes
09-13-2009, 06:42 PM
Coot I've probably got a better chance putting the Empire State Building in a Backpack and hiking with it all the way home, than of getting Rick to eat ANYTHING with poison in it's name

Rick
09-13-2009, 06:44 PM
That you can take to the bank.

finallyME
09-13-2009, 06:52 PM
You offended me Poco, real bad...:sneaky2: :clap::clap::clap: JK

pocomoonskyeyes
09-13-2009, 06:55 PM
i'm offended by this thread.

You offended me Poco, real bad...:sneaky2: :clap::clap::clap: JK

Sorry Guys.I Didn't mean to!!:blushing:

crashdive123
09-13-2009, 07:03 PM
I suppose it's all in the marketing.

http://pictureisunrelated.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/wtf-pics-hillbilly-ice-crea.jpg

Rick
09-13-2009, 08:27 PM
I'm pretty sure that's Coot's delivery van.

Rick
09-13-2009, 08:31 PM
Poco, we owe it to each other and to the newcomers to step to the plate any time false information or incomplete information is offered here in the forum. Much of what we talk about, especially wild plants, could easily get someone injured or killed with inaccurate or incomplete info. I welcome any challenges to my posts or any additional information that I didn't think to include. Being knowledgeable means being accurate.

Ole WV Coot
09-13-2009, 10:17 PM
I suppose it's all in the marketing.

http://pictureisunrelated.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/wtf-pics-hillbilly-ice-crea.jpg

That's mean, rotten and other stuff~~~KEN, OH KEN Hows about we sue them? Your usual split 90% you 10% Me should be a slam dunk, if the judge will sample the product. :sneaky2::sneaky2:

pocomoonskyeyes
09-13-2009, 10:56 PM
Poco, we owe it to each other and to the newcomers to step to the plate any time false information or incomplete information is offered here in the forum. Much of what we talk about, especially wild plants, could easily get someone injured or killed with inaccurate or incomplete info. I welcome any challenges to my posts or any additional information that I didn't think to include. Being knowledgeable means being accurate.

My thoughts exactly, Rick. I just don't want anyone to feel as if another member is putting them down. I wrote in the form of the first person, however it was meant in the spirit of the membership not the individual. I have been corrected when I have been wrong and take no offense personally. However I have sensed that some may have been offended, whether my feeling is true or imagined I do not know. I really do want to be on the winning team, when it comes to accuracy of info.

When I first came here I did ask some questions that I actually knew the answer to. Testing the waters of knowledge as it were. I was NOT a Lurker. I just came here and dove right in. I don't know if this forum has seen anyone as vocal as I, before my appearance on the scene. I didn't do any research of posts or anything like that... I didn't know how. I had never been a member of a Forum before this... Well yes I have, I went asked some questions got answered, and haven't been back. But as far as being an actual contributing member, No I haven't. I am currently a member in other Forums, However this is home. This is My meat and potatoes. We all live at home and occasionally visit other places and that is the way it is for me here in this Forum. No other Forum that I have been to has a plant Database, like here. If I could type faster I would try and give Crash and WE a run for the mon.ey in that aspect. While I may not be as knowledgeable as them in that aspect, I could make them look over their shoulder to see how close I was behind them.LOL But Hunt and peck is all I can do and I really dread long posts like this one. For me it is work. I really have to be in the mood to add to the Database, But plants can't run so they have an importance.

Yes I have been here less than 60 days I think, some may consider me a Newbie. That Label is not important to me,I Don't care if I get called that. Wilderness Survival IS IMPORTANT to me, I take that VERY seriously. As you said someones life could hang in the balance. That IS EXTREMELY important too. This is what made me write this post. I saw Nell say "I know you know that" in replying to someones post, but the subject I did not know and was very glad she said that info. I think like most here that there are things I know, things I don't know, and things that I think I know and don't know as much as I think I do.

I really do believe what my signature says. It came from one of my own posts. It's myself that I quote, because I really really do believe that. Thanks for letting me ramble on, I'll shut up now, I've typed enough...almost an hours worth of typing for me

Jonesy
09-14-2009, 12:28 PM
I leave for a few days and Poco....:innocent:

Poco????Offend????? thats pretty funny.

pgvoutdoors
09-14-2009, 12:58 PM
If any of you have ever been in the military, or worked as a school teacher, knows how repetition is often used to instruct others. Cross referencing information from one thread to another is just fine. Reinforcing a discussion with the small details sometimes makes things clearer. You never know who may be viewing a thread and what level of skills they have. Anyone can scroll though the stuff they already know and read only what interests them. Look at all the banter between members that's posted on a thread. I skip over a lot of that. Any details that pertain to the thread is a good thing. IMO

crashdive123
09-14-2009, 01:06 PM
......besides, if it weren't for repeating myself I'd only have 200 posts.

2dumb2kwit
09-14-2009, 02:34 PM

What'd you say?:innocent:

crashdive123
09-14-2009, 04:51 PM
Oh - OK - for your amusement.....

trax
09-14-2009, 05:28 PM
Oh - OK - for your amusement.....

I don't think I'd have that many if I worried about offending people, I thought this was rather nice of you Poco, glad MDN was an inspiration.

Skysoldier
09-14-2009, 08:21 PM
Being a newbie, I think one of the things that most impressed me with you guys is that when someone (especially me) asks a question that sounds so simple, no one comes back with "Why don't you use the 'Search feature'", or "That's been covered a thousand times, just search for it". I enjoy the lighthearted spirit here and I learn something new almost everytime I log in. I never would have learned about Lee Peterson if it wasn't for ya'll. Thanks.
(Now, back to the "2D vs Ken" thread.)

oly
09-14-2009, 08:34 PM
Being a newbie, I think one of the things that most impressed me with you guys is that when someone (especially me) asks a question that sounds so simple, no one comes back with "Why don't you use the 'Search feature'", or "That's been covered a thousand times, just search for it". I enjoy the lighthearted spirit here and I learn something new almost everytime I log in. I never would have learned about Lee Peterson if it wasn't for ya'll. Thanks.
(Now, back to the "2D vs Ken" thread.)

(Now, back to the "2D vs Ken" thread.):sneaky2:
And all this after I try to keep peace between them two:innocent::)

crashdive123
09-14-2009, 08:40 PM
Face it Oly - there is only so much you can do from a lumpy chair.

oly
09-14-2009, 08:52 PM
I was hoping to get the wilderness nobel peace keeping award crash, The lumpy chair relaxes me.

crashdive123
09-14-2009, 08:58 PM
I'll submit your name for consideration.

2dumb2kwit
09-14-2009, 09:05 PM
(Now, back to the "2D vs Ken" thread.):sneaky2:
And all this after I try to keep peace between them two:innocent::)

I was hoping to get the wilderness nobel peace keeping award crash, The lumpy chair relaxes me.

Maybe if Ken and I had lumpy chairs......:innocent:

oly
09-14-2009, 09:06 PM
I'll submit your name for consideration.

Please dont bant me!!!! The lumpy chair made me do it!!!

crashdive123
09-14-2009, 09:09 PM
??????? I meant fot the peace prize.

oly
09-14-2009, 09:44 PM
??????? I meant fot the peace prize.

Shhhhhhhh I am serching for the meaning of life.

crashdive123
09-14-2009, 09:47 PM
Look under the lumpy chair. I think I saw somebody hiding it there.

oly
09-14-2009, 10:00 PM
Nothing there but a 5yr old twinky.
Now back for the peace prize, here they go again