PDA

View Full Version : New sub-forum?????

flop-n-jerk
09-08-2009, 10:33 AM
I would really like to see a section on survival fitness one this site. It seems to be almost ignored by many people.

To me it would seem like being able to spend an hour working on a shelter or gathering firewood, then X ammount of time gathering resources, hiking, or whatever without being totally wiped out would be more usefull than having a "tricked out" kit.

I have recently come to the realization of how fat and out of shape I actually was. It doesnt take a whole lot of effort or time to whip yourself into decent shape if you know what you are doing and take a systematic approach. I dropped about 41lbs in the last 3 months with just a minimal effort really, because of knowledge on how to train and what changes to make in my everyday life.

I see a few people on here that run several miles a day, and a few that lift. It would be nice to have a place dedicated to sharing info as to what works for them and helping people to find something that they can use to help. But, with a survivalist mindset, not just a bodybuilding or whatever else focus.

Just my humble opinion.

Rick
09-08-2009, 10:37 AM
Would it be worth expanding fitness to a medical section? Something that would include health related impacts, survival illnesses, etc?

flop-n-jerk
09-08-2009, 10:54 AM
I think so... especially for covering things like high blood pressure or DIABEETUSS.

That was an amazingly fast resopnse by-the-way!

crashdive123
09-08-2009, 12:36 PM
You can always start a social group titled Survival Fitness, or anything else you want to convey in order to attract participants and generate discussion.

Ole WV Coot
09-08-2009, 12:55 PM
By the time I finish working, I'm just too tired. Better pass on this

finallyME
09-09-2009, 11:08 AM
I think a "health, fitness and safety" would be a better choice.

samurai steve
09-10-2009, 01:30 AM
I,ve checked a couple times and havent seen this group started yet. I for one would be interested. Lets see it flop-n-jerk.