PDA

View Full Version : CHRIS...I got a Question

Sourdough
09-08-2009, 08:18 AM
If for what ever reason the INTERNET was up, but the country was in escalating social anarchy, how would the needs of the Forum Members change, and change rapidly.....? Could security be enhanced??? Could you block 2,000 new members per day, would you??? Could there quickly be a information center??? What if massive numbers of people, like thousands were asking & begging for information on where to get food or water??? You see how freaked-out some newbies are, just think if thousands of "Shocked" & "clueless" logged on.
How would the Core Members react??? Would they stop posting??? Could you delete some preselected threads, like Show yourself??? Could forum names be changed to numbers???

Chris
09-08-2009, 08:56 PM
Hmm... your thread title said you had "a" question.

I call bait and switch!

Sourdough
09-08-2009, 09:22 PM
Hmm... your thread title said you had "a" question.

I call bait and switch!

So reduce it to: Have you considered the instant impact on the forum if TSHTF......?????

Chris
09-09-2009, 10:29 PM
No.

I suppose I would make sure the site can handle the traffic, and I know it could handle at this point a 2000% increase in traffic.

Then I would seek to find a way to profit off the newfound popularity.

Ken
09-09-2009, 10:40 PM
No.

I suppose I would make sure the site can handle the traffic, and I know it could handle at this point a 2000% increase in traffic.

Then I would seek to find a way to profit off the newfound popularity.

I tried to get that to happen last week. Even Rick refused to cooperate. :innocent:

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8432