PDA

View Full Version : Yeah I'm A Cop :)

Beo
10-31-2007, 05:30 PM
Hope my day job don't bother anyone, it does to some people.
Some of you have pm'd me on legal questions, that's cool and will tell you what I can and help out where ever I can no problem am glad to do it (I really am). But remember I know the laws for Ohio (not all but quite a few) and each states varies. My comments are only suggestions and by no means legal advice, take them at face value. Any and all questions are welcome and I can find out most laws for your state if you need me to in no time at all.
Beo,

Beo
10-31-2007, 05:52 PM
By the way i'm no snitch either, if that would even apply.... :) :) :)

trax
10-31-2007, 06:10 PM
Getting too old and slow to play with anything illegal anymore, so....<shrug>

nell67
10-31-2007, 07:37 PM
"Hope my day job don't bother anyone, it does to some people."

We wont hold that against you.

tfisher
10-31-2007, 08:41 PM
Does not bother me, I work with law enforcement often.

Do you get to use your tracking skills in your area. I have tried to encourage our deputies to use tracking more.

Sarge47
10-31-2007, 09:00 PM
One of my brothers over in Iowa is a sherrif's Deputy; a jailor and not allowed to carry a handgun. He's getting ready to be authorized to carry a Tazer though and has to be shot by it! What's up with that? If they gave him a pistol would they shoot him with it 1st?

FVR
10-31-2007, 09:05 PM
Does not bother me.

Go through life doing what is right, and you won't have to deal with the law.

owl_girl
11-01-2007, 12:34 AM
I don’t have a problem with it, it's cool.

However I don’t completely agree with FVR. Mistakes happen in the system, innocent people go to jail, guilty people go free and authority abuses its power. I’ve known some really corrupt cops but I also know some really good ones.

Beo
11-01-2007, 09:18 AM
Shoot, i've known some really corrupt cops, I don't tell but I don't ask... if you tell me you do dirty things on duty then its a problem, if your my back up be there as my back up. If I.A. ask I will not lie for any cop cause I ain't going to jail for no one (maybe for the wife or parents). But I know far more clean good cops, and they are who I associte with on duty. I have only my tracking skills when someone has been lost, I found two out of three cases I got to search on, gets hard to track through the city. And I agree with owl girl, some do abuse their power, from lawyers to cops to judges. But once again I far more good ones, but I think the laws are outdated and need revamped. I have three I use at work.
1. If you make me chase you, I going to taser you no ifs ands or buts, i hate running people down.
2. If you fight with me I'm gonna knock the snot outta you, but know I don't ever abuse or use excessive force (I will win the fight cause back up is only a radio click away:)
3. If you go for my gun I will send you to the ER, my job at the end of the day is to go home safe.
Now all that being said I have never had a write up or investigation for excessive use of force, I treat people as I want to be treated and give respect until they lose it. I never raise my voice so if your yell'n you gotta lower yours to talk with me. I work in Over-the-Rhine, Cincinnati's worst area, someone is shot there daily and last year alone 62 of our 87 shootings were in OTR. But I have an interview at Wright Patterson Air Farce Base as a civilian security chief, waaay more pay, if that happens I'm moving north. Hey Trax, can I get a job in Canada or on a reservation? Dang that would rock!!!

Chong
11-01-2007, 10:13 AM
hey man that's cool, I dig pigs man. The village people had a cop in their band man. Hell, the first time I ever got high was at a YMCA ...... coincidence? I don't think so man

trax
11-01-2007, 10:34 AM
Our federal cops are on a huge recruiting drive. Have a lady friend who's in the force. On the reservations? I'd avoid being a cop there at all costs, on the ones I'm familiar with anyway.

Beo
11-01-2007, 10:56 AM
What's wrong with Reservation Cops?