PDA

View Full Version : Dove hunting

panch0
09-05-2009, 10:53 PM
Went out today with my two boys. We didn't get the bag limit but got close. They had a blast and I loved the quality time I got to spend with them. I hope they remember these days when I am no longer around. They are growing up too fast!

http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu51/panch074/wip068.jpg

rebel_chick
09-05-2009, 11:05 PM
OOO they look like a handful!

Also looks like you had fun. Good skills you are teaching. I can remeber hunting with my dad. Was never into shooting the birds when I was young, but dang I sure loved to shoot the left over beer cans!

crashdive123
09-05-2009, 11:10 PM
Looks you you had a good time. I'm sure they will always remember days like today.

panch0
09-05-2009, 11:54 PM
My oldest son wanted me to shoot some crows but I told him that just killing an animal for no reason was very wrong. I also expained that if you are going to harvest birds then you had better use it for food not just to kill. He said, "ok dad, I am sorry" They made their old man proud today.

pocomoonskyeyes
09-06-2009, 12:14 AM
Man that's good stuff Pancho.I can't wait 'til my boys are able to do stuff like that. You got some good boys to be proud of there my friend!

Rick
09-06-2009, 08:13 AM
First, they look like a couple of fine young men. Second, congrats to you for being that kind of dad.

I really like seeing you guys spend time with your kids. They really are our tomorrow and spending time with them builds a sense of family that will stay a part of them when they are dads (or moms).

Very nice....and dove stew is pretty good, too.

panch0
09-06-2009, 04:16 PM
We are going to marinade in teriyaki sauce then wrap in maple bacon, put some jalepeno, cream cheese in the middle, and grill'em. MMMmmm Good eatin!! The boys woke up today and the first thing out of there mouth was when we were going hunting for birds again. Thats exactly the feedback I wanted from them. Mission accomplished.

COWBOYSURVIVAL
09-06-2009, 04:20 PM
Good Job Pancho! That recipe has my mouth watering!

Winnie
09-06-2009, 05:13 PM
Thought I'd posted here but forgot to click oops Well done you! What a fine pair of boys. I think your philosophy is spot on!:clap:

az51
09-07-2009, 02:02 PM
They'll remember. I still can remember the first day of dove season the very first time we went and I was not just the "retriever" Dad let me use HIS single shot .410...the one he had as a kid. Best day of my life and it was well over 50 years ago. Enjoy this time with them!!