PDA

View Full Version : Would you register your guns?

kx250kev
09-05-2009, 02:36 AM
I'm curious if the Blair-Holt (or similar) legislation passes, will you comply and register all your guns? (or possibly become a default criminal by not registering, or maybe just sell them off to avoid this headache?)

FYI Per post by other member: "Senate Bill SB-2009 will require us to put on our 2009 1040 federal tax form all guns that you have or own. It may require fingerprints and a tax of $50 per gun."

doug1980
09-05-2009, 02:47 AM
Um.....well.....yes I would. I'm a law abiding citizen so....um......yeah. ;) Actually all but one firearm I own is already registered so not like I can really hide that fact. But since this is a very sore subject for many, including me, I'm gonna wait and see what happens first before I get all riled up.

Rick
09-05-2009, 02:51 AM
Sure. A lot states require registration for either the owner and/or the weapon. Since bills like this are often and have died on the vine to date, I'll not bother commenting on the bill itself.

I would imagine most folks have a mixture of weapons some agency knows about and some they don't. I'd probably pay the tax on some and cache some.:innocent:

Pal334
09-05-2009, 05:08 AM
I think I will wait for "the movie to come out:. They start silliness like this to just get browny points with a certain block of voters for election time.

2dumb2kwit
09-05-2009, 06:09 AM
Sure. A lot states require registration for either the owner and/or the weapon. Since bills like this are often and have died on the vine to date, I'll not bother commenting on the bill itself.

I would imagine most folks have a mixture of weapons some agency knows about and some they don't. I'd probably pay the tax on some and cache some.:innocent:

Ding, Ding, Ding......We have a winner!!!:innocent:

crashdive123
09-05-2009, 08:25 AM
I don't own any guns - recently got rid of them.

COWBOYSURVIVAL
09-05-2009, 08:32 AM
I don't own any guns - recently got rid of them.

Now that there is just durn funny!

Rick
09-05-2009, 08:39 AM
I do have a standing rule for my kids. If anything happens to me then the story is I sold all of them before I passed on and they can't find the paperwork. Dad was not a good keeper of records, you know.

Sourdough
09-05-2009, 08:42 AM
YES, I would register my GUNS, all of my Grease Guns, Caulk Guns, Nail Guns.........:winkiss:

NightShade
09-05-2009, 09:00 AM
I would.. but someone stole 'em....seriously.. I live in Mass so ALL my guns are already registered...yup that's all of 'em

crashdive123
09-05-2009, 09:17 AM
YES, I would register my GUNS, all of my Grease Guns, Caulk Guns, Nail Guns.........:winkiss:

Grease gun? M3?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d9/M3_Grease_Gun_(Jeff_Kubina).jpg/800px-M3_Grease_Gun_(Jeff_Kubina).jpg

crashdive123
09-05-2009, 09:19 AM

Nail gun?

http://toolmonger.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/DewaltNailGun-450.jpg

SARKY
09-05-2009, 11:47 AM
GUNS!!!! WHAT GUNS?????? I don't know what you're talking about!

hunter63
09-05-2009, 12:05 PM
I know nuting 'bout no guns.........

Ken
09-05-2009, 12:36 PM
Can ya' believe it? I just checked, and someone musta' broke in and stolen my gun safe, my guns, and my ammunition locker. :sneaky2:

2dumb2kwit
09-05-2009, 12:51 PM
Can ya' believe it? I just checked, and someone musta' broke in and stolen my gun safe, my guns, and my ammunition locker. :sneaky2:

At least you have a thief, to be mad at.
Mine were lost in a canoeing accident......I have no one to blame, but myself!:blushing:

crashdive123
09-05-2009, 01:12 PM
Well that seals it. Nobody on this forum owns any guns. Move along - nothing to see here.

Ken
09-05-2009, 01:12 PM
At least you have a thief, to be mad at.
Mine were lost in a canoeing accident......I have no one to blame, but myself!:blushing:

http://visual.merriam-webster.com/images/sports-games/aquatic-nautical-sports/scuba-diving/scuba-diver.jpg

oldsoldier
09-05-2009, 01:29 PM

You Too Ken??????? When???? I think ther is a rash of national burglaries going on. We got hit last night. All my guns,20,000+ rounds of ammo, the new M203 that I just bought ( got it thursday) 10 pounds of simtex and detcord, The Bas$%#$@ wiped me out. If TSHTF I'll have to throw rocks now!!

COWBOYSURVIVAL
09-05-2009, 02:07 PM
From what I hear most all of America's guns including mine are on the way to Mexico if there not already there.

2dumb2kwit
09-05-2009, 02:41 PM
From what I hear most all of America's guns including mine are on the way to Mexico if there not already there.

OK....you win!
That's funny, right there! LOL:clap:

Rick
09-05-2009, 02:42 PM
I'd be willing to register Ken's guns.

mccaw69
09-05-2009, 04:34 PM
I'm a simple man,and don't own but a couple of shotguns and a pistol,they were registered when they were purchased automaticly.The remainder of my weapons are archery related except for my air rifle and blow gun.:sneaky2:

Lorna
09-05-2009, 07:02 PM
My ex took all of the guns.

nell67
09-05-2009, 07:16 PM
This thread go me to thinking....I buy my ammo from the place I work,and since I get a discount,there is a paper trail through work that shows my purchases,with my name on that reciept,maybe I should go elsewhere to get my ammo?!

So, do YOU leave a paper trail where you buy your ammo???

crashdive123
09-05-2009, 07:25 PM
Just tell them you used it all. In Florida I don't need to show any ID or sign anything to buy ammunition (not that I would, as I don't own any guns). I guess I look over 21.

nell67
09-05-2009, 07:39 PM
Just tell them you used it all. In Florida I don't need to show any ID or sign anything to buy ammunition (not that I would, as I don't own any guns). I guess I look over 21.

I guess I could just refuse the discount,LOL Whats 15% anyway?

NightShade
09-05-2009, 07:46 PM
I pay cash... and usually when I'm @ my vacation spot in another state...

Rick
09-05-2009, 07:51 PM
Gosh, don't give up the discount. The ammo isn't going to get you into trouble. Tell them you bought it for Christmas and birthday presents. Tell them you had a change of conscience and tossed it in the river. I wouldn't give up 15% guaranteed against something that will probably never happen.

NightShade
09-05-2009, 08:05 PM
Gosh, don't give up the discount. The ammo isn't going to get you into trouble. Tell them you bought it for Christmas and birthday presents. Tell them you had a change of conscience and tossed it in the river. I wouldn't give up 15% guaranteed against something that will probably never happen.

Rick has a point there... 15% can really add up!!!

Ole WV Coot
09-05-2009, 08:09 PM
I don't have any guns, they don't allow them in the "home".

Ken
09-05-2009, 08:12 PM
I'd be willing to register Ken's guns.

What guns?

Longranger
09-05-2009, 08:19 PM
Molon Labe....nothing more to say.

nell67
09-05-2009, 09:08 PM

Yea,I don't think I would give it up either,plus I am saving gas not driving somewhere else to buy ammo,so the savings is actually a little higher than 15%.

flandersander
09-05-2009, 10:46 PM
Yea,I don't think I would give it up either,plus I am saving gas not driving somewhere else to buy ammo,so the savings is actually a little higher than 15%.

Thats one heck of a deal. It also saves you miles on your vehicle which could save thousands in repairs and mantinence. Just sayin.

rebel_chick
09-05-2009, 10:54 PM
GUNS!!!! WHAT GUNS?????? I don't know what you're talking about!

THIEF! That was my exact thought when I opened this. Well, I guess I got no comment now. Thanks Sarky!

Sarge47
09-05-2009, 11:26 PM
(Mexican accent.) Gons? Gons? We don' have no stinking gons! :cool2:

Ken
09-05-2009, 11:27 PM
Think about it. If they come to take them........ isn't that when you need them the most? :innocent:

Rick
09-06-2009, 08:17 AM
What? Do you really want me to shoot Pal when he does his duty and comes to my house to pick up my weapons? Really?

See that, Pal? Now you know who your friends are. I'd invite you in for a cup of coffee and discuss it in a nice friendly way.

Ken
09-06-2009, 08:26 AM
What? Do you really want me to shoot Pal when he does his duty and comes to my house to pick up my weapons? Really?

See that, Pal? Now you know who your friends are. I'd invite you in for a cup of coffee and discuss it in a nice friendly way.

Did I say shoot? Did I? :sneaky2: Besides, how could I shoot? They were all stolen, remember? :innocent:

pocomoonskyeyes
09-06-2009, 08:48 AM
ALL kidding aside I don't own any firearms.Really I don't. But if I buy one I know places that you can buy them without registering them. Private sales don't you know. The gov't. is getting above the constitution and I believe that is our first law. yeah I know here comes the legal argument "they are only adding to the law not taking it away" BS. Yeah keep adding weight to a boat and it sinks. I know, I know I'm preaching to the choir
The saying used to be "we need to dump all lawyers and guns in the bottom of the sea" I think it needs to be changed to We HAVE to drop all POLITICIANS to the bottom of the sea. 99% of my problems today have absolutely NOTHING to do with crime - nothing.
99% of My Problems today have to do with POLITICIANS. It is sad to say but I would rather share a lifeboat with a criminal than a politician. The only difference between the 2 is one has the law going against him and the other has it going for him and they are both equally guilty!!!
Getting off my soapbox now, I would like to thank the choir for listening to my sermon.

TangoFoxtrot
09-07-2009, 01:16 PM
DAMN! All my firearms were recently stolen. If I still had them I wouldn't register them anyway cause when I originally purchased them they were already registered.

Beo
09-07-2009, 02:09 PM
Well I own a few guns, and no I will not register those that are not already registered. I sold a few and have a few, now if iot becomes a law of course I will. I am a cop so I would, but if this is a step to take firearms from americans... No I will never give them up or enforce that law. Just couldn't do it.
Now I have far more knives than guns, are those next after guns? I can do some real nasty things with a knife, same as gun, if its used wrong doesn't matter what the weapon is you can do bad things with it.
Things that make you go... Hmmm.

SARKY
09-07-2009, 04:17 PM
Poco, The founding fathers originally wanted the constitution to be used to grant more rights, not take rights away.

Pict
09-07-2009, 05:44 PM
I have bought and sold so many over the years that if they went by 4473 forms they would need a large truck to haul them away. I suspect that is the same for most gun owners. What I actually have is nothing compared to what I have had over the years and sold off for one reason or another. Without overwhelming public compliance this legislation wouldn't stand a chance of being enforceable. Mac

glockcop
09-08-2009, 02:23 PM
It is not the govs business what I own. Nuff said!

KenB
09-09-2009, 12:54 AM
Well I live in the peoples republic of CA, so all my guns are registered. If anyone came sniffin' around for them I would move them to a different state.....at least for a little while.

pocomoonskyeyes
09-10-2009, 02:30 PM
Poco, The founding fathers originally wanted the constitution to be used to grant more rights, not take rights away.

I wholeheartedly agree.My only question is What happened to the gov't along the way?

huntermj
09-10-2009, 06:39 PM
Guns, they sound scary, i wouldnt have a gun in my house.

mcfd45
09-10-2009, 09:49 PM
I will not register and if they come for them it will be a LOOOOOONG day.

Kamiyama
09-12-2009, 02:57 PM
Off subject but maybe still on subject..

Millions of firearms.. ??????

Why does anyone feel, think.. they.. who ever they are.. would comes for your guns?

Why should they when they, would ever they are, can do other related things to the firearm subject that would most likely be far more effective?

I do hear a lot about what would you do if they, who ever they are.. come after firearms for many years now. My question would be where in the world would they.. who ever they are, get all the man power to force you to give you firearms to them?

Ralph
DMTTofD

crashdive123
09-12-2009, 04:22 PM

Why does anyone feel, think.. they.. who ever they are.. would comes for your guns?

Why should they when they, would ever they are, can do other related things to the firearm subject that would most likely be far more effective?

I do hear a lot about what would you do if they, who ever they are.. come after firearms for many years now. My question would be where in the world would they.. who ever they are, get all the man power to force you to give you firearms to them?

Ralph
DMTTofD

A little at a time. Just a little at a time. Ask our friends in Australia and England. They have been slowly losing their rights to own firearms. It didn't happen overnight. First, a seemingly innocuous law that seems to metastasize over time.

2dumb2kwit
09-12-2009, 05:01 PM

Ralph
DMTTofD

A little at a time. Just a little at a time. Ask our friends in Australia and England. They have been slowly losing their rights to own firearms. It didn't happen overnight. First, a seemingly innocuous law that seems to metastasize over time.

And don't forget about the gun grab after Katrina.
Was it legal? No
Did it happen? Yep.

Rick
09-12-2009, 05:14 PM
I do agree, Kami, with "whoever they are". I've never figured that one out. Everyone talks about the government or "they" but, despite my challenges, no one ever names them. This is the closest I've ever come to a photo of "them".

http://emilybee.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/nosferatu-081407.jpg

crashdive123
09-12-2009, 05:25 PM
Oh - this guy?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_PP095V8zuLs/Rjrla6ZftcI/AAAAAAAAAh0/KdRFKKliPCo/s320/harry%2Bbigfoot.jpg

Or is he from the bigfoot thread.

Kamiyama
09-12-2009, 05:37 PM
I agree there are small areas where the.."they" came and made firearms "bad" and the firearms had to be removed from the free people of America.
But on a large scale..?

I would assume.. understand the mess we have seen over the past 30 or so years.. there is a very powerful and forward motion movement to remove the free people of America of all their freedoms.. and well self-protection tools and the willing to defend ourselves too are being removed. Yes.. removed completely..

You would have to know the basic fact of what the "they" meaning who..? has done any thing right..? Well maybe run a huge military.. but what else have "they" done right?

Understanding this fact.. why do you feel they can remove millions of firearms from free thinking Americans?

I disagree. No way.
1/4 of the free thinkers of American would be enough to stop this silly madness 'they" would start.. don't you agree?

If not then how would "they" do it?

You have to take into account most of the working men and women of the local law enforcement, alphabet police, State military have families and friends that surely would be told of this movement way way before it went on.. giving everyone and their dog-cat notice.

Now yes with Waco, Ruby Ridge, Katrina, etc.. it is the simple challenge of good men and women that allow these things to manifest and go on right before their eyes.. and they.. those talking strongly about the "they" removing firearms do nothing about it..

Hmmm
Interesting thread.

Australia and England... LOL.. these guys.. were they asleep or what?

Ralph
DMTTofD

Rick
09-12-2009, 05:53 PM
I can name a handful of cities that have fallen under that guise. 1/4 of the free thinkers didn't stop it there, did they Mr. Daley? Did they Mr. Fenty?

2dumb2kwit
09-12-2009, 05:56 PM
Australia and England... LOL.. these guys.. were they asleep or what?

Ralph
DMTTofD

And just how "awake" do you think the average American, is?
I hope we are paying attention, more so than they were, but I still feel the need to yell "WAKE UP"!

I don't think I would be laughing at those countries, while we are being lead by the clowns that we have in charge.
(Not arguing politics here........there are clowns on both sides.)

Ken
09-12-2009, 06:02 PM
And just how "awake" do you think the average American, is?
I hope we are paying attention, more so than they were, but I still feel the need to yell "WAKE UP"!

I don't think I would be laughing at those countries, while we are being lead by the clowns that we have in charge.
(Not arguing politics here........there are clowns on both sides.)

Something's wrong. :gagged: I agree with 2dumb. Completely. :innocent:

Rick
09-12-2009, 06:03 PM
Are we going to have to start a 2Dumb and Ken agreement thread, too?

crashdive123
09-12-2009, 06:05 PM
Don't worry - it won't last.

Ken
09-12-2009, 06:09 PM

I know it. Why don't you just say it. Deep down inside. You hate me. :sneaky2:

Ken
09-12-2009, 06:41 PM

But on a large scale..?

Understanding this fact.. why do you feel they can remove millions of firearms from free thinking Americans?

1/4 of the free thinkers of American would be enough to stop this silly madness 'they" would start.. don't you agree?

If not then how would "they" do it?Australia and England... LOL.. these guys.. were they asleep or what?

Ralph
DMTTofD

There is a great deal of validity to the "slippery slope" argument. It happens.

This is the stuff lawyers read:

The Mechanisms of the Slippery Slope
Professor Eugene Volokh
116 Harv. L. Rev. 1026 (2003) (Sept. 16, 2002 draft)

"Conclusion: So long as our support of one political or legal decision today can lead to other results tomorrow, wise judges, legislators, opinion leaders, interest group organizers, and citizens have to take these mechanisms into account."

Read the entire 109 page article at http://www.law.ucla.edu/volokh/slippery.pdf

2dumb2kwit
09-12-2009, 07:46 PM

LOL.....When it comes to serious issues, I think Ken and I agree on a lot of things. (He's not as dumb as I make him sound. LOL):innocent:

pocomoonskyeyes
09-12-2009, 07:55 PM
Just my way of thinking...but these that are being called "They" do in fact exist. I don't trust these anti gun propaganda statements anymore than anyone else here. It's kinda' like the calm before the storm feeling.... You know SOMETHING is going to happen but you just don't know when or what. IT has happened several times, it's not just isolated incidents anymore,ANY EXCUSE is all "They" need. You can call them the alphabet police or whoever you want. but "They" are being led to believe that they are upholding the law not violating the Constitution. We've all heard the saying "that when guns are outlawed only outlaws will own guns" but it doesn't stop there. Does that stop the criminal mentality? NO! Even if all guns were made to go away, Murders and other violent crimes would still take place but with screwdrivers,crowbars,knives,baseball bats.....and so on ad nauseum. But how to convince those in power of this indisputable fact? So what will they do next outlaw screwdrivers,crowbars,knives,baseball bats and 2x4's? They are already trying to "get their foot in the door" by outlawing Knives right now. Once they have a "precedent" set then they have the door open. Am I right Mr. Counselor?

Kamiyama
09-13-2009, 03:42 AM
Hmmmmmm good points...
To be honest I have been training and then in return teaching others for so many years regarding "they" are coming.

I have to be completely open with this.. I get rather tired of the over all lack of 'will power' I find with the general public on issues of allowing invaders into our country, removing our birth rights to self-protection, talking heads running the show from a far as we make them rich.. etc..

I have asked around for years why the general public have such low self esteem and will power to get out and stop these things... the answer I get is.. did you play that groovy computer game yet, what time will the football game be on this Sunday or where will we meet for drinks..

Ralph
DMTTofD

LudwigVan
09-14-2009, 12:52 AM
Just my way of thinking...but these that are being called "They" do in fact exist. I don't trust these anti gun propaganda statements anymore than anyone else here. It's kinda' like the calm before the storm feeling.... You know SOMETHING is going to happen but you just don't know when or what. IT has happened several times, it's not just isolated incidents anymore,ANY EXCUSE is all "They" need. You can call them the alphabet police or whoever you want. but "They" are being led to believe that they are upholding the law not violating the Constitution. We've all heard the saying "that when guns are outlawed only outlaws will own guns" but it doesn't stop there. Does that stop the criminal mentality? NO! Even if all guns were made to go away, Murders and other violent crimes would still take place but with screwdrivers,crowbars,knives,baseball bats.....and so on ad nauseum. But how to convince those in power of this indisputable fact? So what will they do next outlaw screwdrivers,crowbars,knives,baseball bats and 2x4's? They are already trying to "get their foot in the door" by outlawing Knives right now. Once they have a "precedent" set then they have the door open. Am I right Mr. Counselor?

Quoted for truth.

People are always joking about "oh what are they gonna do after they take the guns, outlaw knives?"

Look at the UK, they pretty much outlawed guns for the general public over there, in fact it is actually illegal in those countries to use force in self defense. Literally, if someone attacks you and you do anything besides run to the phone or cry for help, YOU go to jail. And laugh about it all you want, but they are working on knives over there now, going through the whole process of making up stories and scaring people about the "growing knife culture" (yes, they actually call it this), etc. Thier government has convinced the populace that they are not safe unless they are disarmed and constantly monitored by gov't CCTV cameras.

As for registration, well there is no reason for them to have a complete and total record of all your firearms unless they plan on taking them away from you at some point. On that note, I am hearing a lot of talk about the evil alphabet men coming to take your guns all over the place but not a whole lot of talk about what to do about it. Private sale comes to mind. With the exception of some state laws, nobody is actually forcing you to fill out a form every time you buy a gun. Has everyone forgotten that in most of the US there are fine legal methods of getting paperwork free arms? Gun show vendors, classified ads, and all sorts of swap meet/flea market/yardsale type deals come to mind.

Rick
09-14-2009, 06:55 AM
You can not defend against an enemy unless you know who the enemy is. If we talk about "them" we might as well discuss aliens. Otherwise, it just becomes dialog. Let's face it, in the end, we are "them". Our own apathy is what we fear.

SARKY
09-14-2009, 10:45 AM
Until there is great pain, the public will not act!

LudwigVan
09-14-2009, 03:35 PM
You can not defend against an enemy unless you know who the enemy is. If we talk about "them" we might as well discuss aliens. Otherwise, it just becomes dialog. Let's face it, in the end, we are "them". Our own apathy is what we fear.

The BATFE, many politicans and judges who's names I probably shouldn't mention under the "no politics" rule, and anti gun special interest groups like the Brady campaign.

There, that's who "they" are.

Kamiyama
09-15-2009, 12:57 AM
"Our own apathy is what we fear".

This is about the over all best line regarding our situation.
Thanks..

Ralph
DMTTofD

Rick
09-15-2009, 07:44 AM
You can use it. It's royalty free. It's sometimes painful to think up gems like that but I try.

sh4d0wm4573ri7
09-15-2009, 09:08 AM
Register my guns ? Whats a gun?

COUESAZ
09-16-2009, 11:58 PM
I am already known as a gun owner. I figure they have me because I hunt. So they already know i have guns. I hope the day never comes but we will see what takes place if it does.

Old GI
09-24-2009, 12:04 PM
APATHY!!! APATHY!!!! That's our cry... A--P--A-- oh, the h3ll with it!

"Our own apathy is what we fear".

This is about the over all best line regarding our situation.
Thanks..

Ralph
DMTTofD

Ole WV Coot
09-24-2009, 12:21 PM
I don't own any firearms. I only have a CCW for my "attack beagle". I carry him from the house to the Jeep and back.

cranky1
12-26-2009, 06:49 AM
well' im a canadian. my guns are registered. my government said if i break the law i will have to pay. ok american guys, if your government says that you have to register your guns or go to jail, what are you going to do. you are, after all, law abiding citizens like i am. so , what are you going to do?

Rick
12-26-2009, 08:36 AM
How about cranking it up in an Introduction? We wouldn't want you to break the law here either.

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7813

Huntinfool
12-29-2009, 12:23 AM
To start with that e-mail going around about HR2099 is a hoax! But we all know that sooner or later they will sell us out I expect Mr Obama to sign a treaty somewhere with the UN or someone and make all private ownership of firearm forbidden.

It may never go down that way but in answer to what the Canadian said yeah some of us will refuse to recognize an Unconstitutional law. Some of us have already drawn a line in the sand! Because some of us would rather die standing on our feet than live on our knees being a loyal subject to whoever.

~HF~

canid
12-29-2009, 02:02 AM
i think there's a lot of confusion about the slippery slope fallacy.

an argument which states that a first step on a steepening slope invariably leads to a fall is flawed.

an argument which states that each step down such a slope is increasingly more dangerous is a perfectly valid one. it's actually quite a well stated one we should all pay attention to.

just don't confuse the two.

SARKY
12-29-2009, 02:41 PM
What the populace has failed to realize is , over the past 30-40 years our wonderous legislature has been writing law after law most of which are unconstitutional. Of course most of the people don't know that because civics class hasn't existed in most schools for 30 years or more. Why do you think that is??? Civics can't possibly be more important than learning to put a condom on a banana, could it?

Sourdough
12-29-2009, 04:16 PM
I don't have any problem with registering my "guns". Send the necessary forms, and I will resister my Caulk Gun, my Grease Gun, My Paint Gun.........:sneaky2::):innocent:

2dumb2kwit
12-29-2009, 04:28 PM
I don't have any problem with registering my "guns". Send the necessary forms, and I will resister my Caulk Gun, my Grease Gun, My Paint Gun.........:sneaky2::):innocent:

I have a caulking gun, a couple of grease guns, and even a couple staple guns! :innocent:

canid
12-29-2009, 06:14 PM
i'll see your caulking and grease guns and raise you a heat gun and a rubber band gun.

2dumb2kwit
12-29-2009, 06:19 PM
i'll see your caulking and grease guns and raise you a heat gun and a rubber band gun.

Oooooooohhhhhhh...........you have a real arsenal! :drool:

BENESSE
12-29-2009, 06:24 PM
What the populace has failed to realize is , over the past 30-40 years our wonderous legislature has been writing law after law most of which are unconstitutional. Of course most of the people don't know that because civics class hasn't existed in most schools for 30 years or more. Why do you think that is??? Civics can't possibly be more important than learning to put a condom on a banana, could it?

It is as bad as you think, and they are out to get you.

2dumb2kwit
12-29-2009, 06:27 PM
It is as bad as you think, and they are out to get you.

I think that is closer to the truth, than you realize. LOL:innocent:

I don't mean that we need tin-foil hats, but you can believe that they want us to have less power, while they get more.

Ole WV Coot
12-29-2009, 06:28 PM
I don't need to register mine, not until I get a longer hose for the compressor. Tough to drag it along when I want to shoot a nail into someone.

BENESSE
12-29-2009, 06:29 PM
I think that is closer to the truth, than you realize. LOL:innocent:

I don't mean that we need tin-foil hats, but you can believe that they want us to have less power, while they get more.

News flash!
Them is us, 2D.

2dumb2kwit
12-29-2009, 06:34 PM
News flash!
Them is us, 2D.

LOL...nope....us is the ones giving them all the power! How dumb is that??? LOL:blushing:

BENESSE
12-29-2009, 06:44 PM
LOL...nope....us is the ones giving them all the power! How dumb is that??? LOL:blushing:

Self flagellations all around.
And no more kvetching about them.

2dumb2kwit
12-29-2009, 06:53 PM
Self flagellations all around.
And no more kvetching about them.

Wait.....are we talking about "F.A.R.T"'s, again?:blushing: LOL

BENESSE
12-29-2009, 07:29 PM
Wait.....are we talking about "F.A.R.T"'s, again?:blushing: LOL

I say flagellation, you say flatulence.:whistling:
Let's call the whole thing off!

CoyoteBC
04-03-2010, 05:32 AM
Well I am from Canada and I can tell you what many Canadians did.
They registered the guns they hunted with, those they didn't hut with disappeared.
What happened in Toronto happened because of an anti-gun mayor and police chief.
Our current gun laws were enacted by governments that wanted to give the appearance of doing something while not doing anything at all.
Our politicians are controlled mostly by the eastern city centers, who control the votes.
The only thing they know about guns is that gang bangers use them.

I can own a mini 14 and carry it anywhere but an AR 15 is a restricted weapon that I can only use at a range.
Plain stupidity

2dumb2kwit
04-03-2010, 06:47 AM
Well I am from Canada and I can tell you what many Canadians did.
They registered the guns they hunted with, those they didn't hut with disappeared.
What happened in Toronto happened because of an anti-gun mayor and police chief.
Our current gun laws were enacted by governments that wanted to give the appearance of doing something while not doing anything at all.
Our politicians are controlled mostly by the eastern city centers, who control the votes.
The only thing they know about guns is that gang bangers use them.

I can own a mini 14 and carry it anywhere but an AR 15 is a restricted weapon that I can only use at a range.
Plain stupidity

It's pretty much the same way here. Most gun laws are just to give the appearance of doing something, to people who don't know any better.

We have some pretty stupid laws here, as well.:blushing: