PDA

View Full Version : What's up with South Florida?

doug1980
09-03-2009, 04:13 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20090903/us_time/08599191991600

Wow sounds like the residents of the Sunshine State are fed up. Of course who could blame them with all the increases. Glad I don't live in Broward county anymore.

2dumb2kwit
09-03-2009, 05:54 PM
It actually doesn't surprise me. I think that if the economy doesn't do an about-face pretty soon, you'll see a lot more of it. I think it will really show up in the "Tax the rich" areas. The ones with money, will take their toys, and go somewhere else, when the burden gets to be too great. (This will make it snowball.)

Things have been good enough, for long enough, that most people just don't pay attention to what is done. Now that times are tight, people are starting to pay attention, and ask...."why?". They are also deciding that they aren't going to take it.

Rick
09-03-2009, 06:06 PM
And you have to remember that Florida, being a retirement state, has a lot of folks on fixed incomes. The reason that many of them are there is because there is no state income tax and the weather is good year 'round. As Florida taxes increase, states like Texas and Nevada, which have no state income taxes either and are warm, start looking better and better.

2dumb2kwit
09-03-2009, 06:10 PM
...and I like the way Texas handles a lot of things, too!

Like the fact that they put in an express lane for their death row! LOL:clap:

Rick
09-03-2009, 06:15 PM
I understand they are installing a drive through next.

doug1980
09-03-2009, 08:01 PM
LOL good Ron White reference. So my decision to move to Texas was a good one. HA HA HA

Rick
09-03-2009, 08:06 PM
They talk about how laid back Californians are. I don't think anyone can hold a candle to a true Texan.

"Did you boys hear? China just invaded California."
"'bout time someone did."
"I reckon they'll git to Texas right soon like."
"Prob'ly. We'll fix 'em a big ole BBQ, brand em, castrate 'em and turn 'em loose to free graze."
"You reckon they play checkers?"
"Don't even think it."

oly
09-03-2009, 09:02 PM
I dont get it? The sunshine State rains alot through my experience in cape coral, almost as bad as skagway Alaska.
I'm not bad mouthing the states at all, rain is good and washes away impurities in the air.
But how did this come up with the sunshine state?

Rick
09-03-2009, 09:36 PM
Cause when it ain't rainin'...are you ready?... They have lot's of....you're the one that asked....sunshine.