PDA

View Full Version : Night Walking

corndog-44
10-31-2007, 12:11 AM
I'm not talking about using headlamps or night vision goggles. I'm talking about going the same way our ancestors did. The furthest I walked was 12 miles from start to my destination through cattle pastures, woods, fields and on roads. Anyone else done any night walking?

owl_girl
10-31-2007, 12:31 AM
Oh yea love it…but not 12 miles lol

HOP
10-31-2007, 05:46 AM
I have done it but you miss out on a lot of scenery, it helps to know your route to cut down on back tracking and injurys.

corndog-44
10-31-2007, 06:25 AM
HOP, just a different kind of scenery.

HOP
10-31-2007, 06:41 AM
I did a march through the Black Forest in Germany at night it was absolutely pitch black if it wasn't for the ocasional flatulent from the guy in front of you we would have been lost.

owl_girl
10-31-2007, 12:20 PM
I have done it but you miss out on a lot of scenery

Not when the moons so bright you can see your shadow, its really petty when you get someplace high you can look down and see the valleys and bluffs lit up especially when its winter and there’s snow of the ground, then you just sit up there and listen to the wolves *sigh*

trax
10-31-2007, 12:33 PM
It's absolutely best on a moonlit night in the snow to my thinking. I think "missing out on the scenery" had to do with the fact that it was a march, right?

If you have good moonlight you can track at night.

FVR
10-31-2007, 09:29 PM
Miles in the Panama jungle.

Night ops in 29 stumps.

Over the mountain and through the woods, not on purpose. Years ago, had to go find this greenhorn I took hunting over on the mountain. PIA, when I ask you if you know how to find your way out of the woods, don't tell me yes, and not know. Tell me the truth and we'll take it from there.