PDA

View Full Version : "About-Me" page...can introduction be added?

Sourdough
09-03-2009, 08:14 AM
Someone starts a thread that contains a question, so I click on there name which takes me to their "Public profile Page" which might be helpful, but generally not. I then try to find their Introduction thread, which if not their first post can take some time. Can we have a Tab or file or icon or something to click that would take the viewer directly to their Introduction, this icon or tab would be on their Public profile page.

crashdive123
09-03-2009, 08:20 AM
Hope - If you are viewing their "about me" page and click on the statistics tab - then the "find threads started by...." link. Then go to the bottom of the list or last page of the list if they have multiple pages. Basically you will be going to the oldest thread they started. If their intro was the first thread they started you will find it rather quickly. Even if it was the second or third thread they started, you should be able to find it quickly.

Sourdough
09-03-2009, 09:09 AM
Hope - If you are viewing their "about me" page and click on the statistics tab - then the "find threads started by...." link. Then go to the bottom of the list or last page of the list if they have multiple pages. Basically you will be going to the oldest thread they started. If their intro was the first thread they started you will find it rather quickly. Even if it was the second or third thread they started, you should be able to find it quickly.

True....and that is how I do it, but some of us have re-introduced ourself some place in the middle of 4,000 posts. O'well it was just an idea.

Chris
09-08-2009, 09:01 PM
There would be no automated way to do it.

If people want to provide the link in their profile, they can certainly do that, but everyone would have to do that manually.

doug1980
09-08-2009, 09:06 PM
Could have everyone add it to there signature as well. But trying to get everyone to do that may prove difficult.

crashdive123
09-08-2009, 09:17 PM
I'll start. I ain't adding it to my signatue. If you want to know something, just ask. If I don't want you to have that info, it wouldn't have been in my intro anyway.

your_comforting_company
10-21-2009, 06:32 AM
how about broadening the biography slot in the profile page? I know there is no way I could fit my bio in such a little space and give anyone any real idea of who I am or how I operate?
so could we lengthen the bio section of the profiles? that would help a little with what sourdough is getting at. A good example is FVR. From reading his posts, I know whe have some of the same ideas in common regarding primitive skills and making things that look and feel abo. but without reading his intro from 4,000 posts ago, or reading a lot of his posts, you might never find out what you have in common with folks.
Just an idea.

crashdive123
10-21-2009, 07:50 AM
It's kind of like dating. You may not learn everything about your date on that first encounter, but as time goes on and the relationship progresses you come to learn a great deal about them. If the first date goes badly and there is no relationship, then there isn't much point in learning about them anyway.

FVR
10-24-2009, 09:17 PM
About me? You don't want to know about me. I'm kind of boring and yes, I'm a geek. A big 200lb geek. I may not look like a geek, but I am.

As far as the intro page, you'll never find mine as I don't think I ever did it. But that was a long time ago. Water under the bridge. A passing ship that sailed on. A leaf in a stream slowly drifting to the sea.

See, GEEK.

crashdive123
10-24-2009, 09:21 PM
http://www.wilderness-survival.net/forums/showthread.php?t=133

FVR
10-24-2009, 09:55 PM
Crash, guess I was wrong.

Now, Ya'll know to much, you know what I'm going to have to do.

It's not going to be pretty.

Watch your top knots.

Rick
10-24-2009, 10:38 PM
Ah, if I only had a top knot.

By the way, Crash. That whole dating analogy. You ain't spendin' the night so just get that out of your head right now.

crashdive123
10-25-2009, 12:11 AM
****walks away from chat mumbling**** That boy ain't right.