PDA

View Full Version : Water trick

FVR
10-30-2007, 05:48 PM
Don't know why I've never posted this before. Ahh, I just remembered it today when I took a drink.

North Ga. is under a severe draught condition. I have noticed that the water that we are getting, usually it's the best tasting water around, isn't so great tasting anymore. Probably because reserves are running low and we are drinking from a different level.

Well, what I do to make my water taste better is, prior to taking a drink, I eat an altoid.

When I go to the field with my canteen or just back up into the mountain and boil a cup, I usually take not altoids, but the little mouth fresheners. They are alot stronger than altoids.

I pop one in my mouth (mint) let disolve then slam the water out of my canteen. This totally eliminates the canteen taste. It also works well with water that you boil for drinking, unless you are making coffee or tea.

The mouth fresheners are about as big as your thumb in the package and pull out in sheets.

Been eating altoids lately, as I do like to drink water at work.

FVR

trax
10-30-2007, 05:52 PM
Plus the unwritten code of the survivalist says we should always have minty fresh breath

FVR
10-30-2007, 06:19 PM
Nothing worse than a morning cup of coffee with a trekking or hunting partner with cow breath.

That you can smell 5 feet away. You're not going to get me on that one.LOL.