PDA

View Full Version : New from Ohio

Beo
10-30-2007, 12:35 PM
Hi, I forgot to do this when I first came to this site. I'm new here and love this site, it rocks, I have met so many great people with the intrests as me.
I live in Cincinnati, Ohio... thank God the suburbs, where I am a Deputy Sheriff of 16 years. Before that I was in the Army for 8 years in the 101st Airborne Division working as a 19D for the LRSD units. Great job I should've stayed in but hindsight is twenty twenty. I love the outdoors, tracking, hiking, hunting (with longbow), fishing (catch & release), observing nature, and recently photographing nature has worked its way into my outdoor routine (which is anything but routine), I spend as much time in the forests as possible and trek out to different as much as I can.
Anyway I'm just rambling on, love the site and the people.
Beo,

owl_girl
10-30-2007, 01:57 PM
Welcome :)..

trax
10-30-2007, 05:31 PM
There's a movie coming out with YOUR name on it! Does that rock or what? Welcome to the site.

wareagle69
10-30-2007, 07:37 PM
welcome on grunt

rangers lead the way

FVR
10-30-2007, 07:48 PM
Man,

Another one of them thar Airborne guys. Ya'll just taking over.

Are you one of those Tradgangers?

Semper Fi

lumpy
10-30-2007, 10:22 PM
Welcome to the boards!
19D,thats calvary scout isn't it?What is LRSD?I'll guess Long Range Scouting Detachment.

Beo
10-31-2007, 07:30 AM
Thanks all, yeah 19D (Delta) is a cav scout and LRSD is Long Range Surveillance Detachment. Sarge not sure what a 'Tradgangers' are or is, I was Ranger Tab'd from having completed the school but never served time in a Ranger Unit (although one has to be ranger qualified to be on LRSD), now the army in its infinite wisdom has disbanded the LRSD Units (shortly after we got back from Desert Storm). I think LRSD should be apart of SOCOM, I think everyone would benefit. My LRSD unit was full of ex-hooahs. I've worked with a lot of SF guys, but I've never been in SF. I'd say the atmosphere in a 5-6 man LRSD team is more akin to SF then a 100+ Ranger Company. My first trip to the field (way back in 1985), my Team Leader puts me on point. Let's me go crashing through the woods for a couple meters....stops me, and has me turn around and look at all the brush I trampled. He tells me, (He was also ex-2nd Batt and Vietnam Vet) you can walk like that with a Ranger Company, but with just 6 of us, your going to have to slow down, make less noise, and leave less spoor.
Yeah the movie coming out looks cool, I wanna see it, love the book and have one norse (if that's what their tongue is called) and my lic. plate is BEOWOLF :) I got my plates when my first book was published in 2004.
Rangers Lead The Way!!! Hooya!

FVR
10-31-2007, 09:11 PM
Tradgang is probably the most pop. trad. archery website on the board. Saw that you are a longbow junky, thought you may have made it over there.

Beo
11-01-2007, 08:59 AM
no but am going now, thanks all