PDA

View Full Version : If you could have anybody.....

Sarge47
10-29-2007, 05:55 PM
If you were in a "survival" situation and could choose anybody from this group here to be with you, who would you choose? You can choose as many as you want. I'm waiting to post mine later.

FVR
10-29-2007, 06:43 PM
Wow, loaded question.

Why not just limit it to three and give the reasons why?

FVR
10-29-2007, 07:21 PM
Talk about a challenging post. Very psychological, did VW put you up to this?

What happens if you chose someone, and then they don't chose you. REJECTED! On an open forum.

We all have our "three", but are we willing to put ourselves out there? It's easier for those who have kept their aninimity, but for some of us............hmmmmm.

I have my three, I will post them after I wash the kids, give them a treat, tuck them in, and read them a story.

Actually, I have expanded to 5 for safety reasons.

trax
10-29-2007, 08:19 PM
La Grange, by ZZ Top...very cool. Know what else is cool? What makes the post a challenge to me is that there are so many good choices based on what I've read here by other members of the pack. If I skipped someone that I meant to include would make me feel pretty bad, but heck....there's lots.

Know what else is cool? How is the person just for "getting along with" is a far higher priority than most of us consider. There's plenty of survival and wilderness skills in the pack but what if the person is just a big "a-hole".

Nell, Sarge, WarEagle, Volwest, Owl_Girl, Lumpy, FVR, Baxter.....see, I'm just getting started and I'm worrying about missing people I'd want to include. I know there's people I definitely wouldn't include too, but I'm not going there and just causing hard feelings.

FVR
10-29-2007, 09:14 PM
Didn't we do this once before? It lasted about a week.

Yeh, Trax about said it all. I was sitting here thinking, There are 4, 5, 6.......... then I started thinking about the woman. Wow, we have some pretty tough woman here, not only that, they sure do know alot about natural foods. Heck of alot more than me.

Then I started thinking about that newbe who got upset with me on another thread, he would be picked because, his honesty would go far.

There are a few military persons on the board and if you know me, that does play a big part. From what I've gotten from gents like WE, VW, RIM, and a few others, they would all be good matches. Then you would always need the cook, well he ll, Sarge is known to make shoe leather taste mighty good and he always has a surprise in his belt.

The biggest problem I see would be coming to grips with "me." I'm 44, good shape and very, very competitive. I spent the day today operating a manual jackhammer. Yeh, and I enjoyed it. I'm the one who will take the hardest job, because I will push myself to the limit. This could be a problem for some. Could be a problem for me.

So with this in mind, my choices would have to be those that would, and could work just as hard as me, be competitive, yet not take it to far.

Then there would have to be the mental challenge. Would need to have those in the group that could have a down right good intelligent conversation. You would have to be able to discuss differences, passionately, but not to the point of a fight.

Many fit the criteria here, some however do not.

HOP
10-30-2007, 05:56 AM
Meriweather Lewis , Wiliam Clark, Daniel Boone. Davie Crockett , Jediia Smith and Wyatt Earp.

Beo
10-30-2007, 09:56 AM
I'm new here so I'll try from what I've read so far.
FVR, you are honest and seem to have good common sense and good outdoor knowledge (although most of you do)
Sarge, seem to be rounded out in general knowledge and then some in survival.
Jose Lobo, Owl Girl, Lady Trapper, Trax, NorthWindTrails, and Nell67.
But those are the people I have read on the most. If I left anyone out who is good at survival or picked to many then sue me. This would be a good tribe size also as discussed in a previous forum. I think. H**l just bring the lot of you and we'll start our own community:)

wareagle69
10-30-2007, 07:10 PM
I'll answer this with no apologies. I'll take fvr and trax..

FVR
10-30-2007, 07:41 PM
WE,

Thank you. I can honestly say that both you and Trax are at the top of my list. The very top, actually the first two.

Your Ranger status has gotten me off my lazy arse and I will be starting running in the next two weeks. Ya see, that thar Ranger training ground is right up thar in Dahlonega and well, I want to do one of their runs.

Okay, a bunch of Rangers gonna kick my arse, but hey....................If I'm gonna get it kicked, it might as well be some bad arse Rangers.

wareagle69
10-30-2007, 07:50 PM
best thing about mountain training was the blueberry pancakes, but i wasn't to fond of the mountains there damn chiggers, red ants and just plain mean ranger instuctors

Sarge47
10-30-2007, 09:38 PM
Vw (sob) didn't (sob) pick (sob) me. (sob) Oh the humility of it all! (Jim Carrey voice. And I was going to pick him cuz I think he thinks he can play chess. I wanted to find out. Now I'll never know; now I'll.....wait a minute! This is all hypothetical! It isn't real! Wow! I feel so much better! lol!

trax
10-30-2007, 09:51 PM
and WE and FVR for their votes of confidence (oh and Sarge...I play chess...bonus! I play badly!) but most of all I'd like to thank volwest for taking explodingears, hey vol that sound in your head won't be tinnitis or mosquitos, it's the whining....

explodingearth
10-30-2007, 09:58 PM
lololol! explodingears. a reference to my anger problem im assuming? ill choose "whining" about world issues and doing what i can to help the situation anyday over apathy. you sound like a conservative.. eww

trax
10-30-2007, 10:10 PM
Hey, here's a little backgrounder ok, punkin?

I supervise a staff of 14 people, we spend our days fighting poverty, homelessness, racism, addictions, family violence and chronic unemployment for anyone in the community that wants our help. We also operate a youth center and one of the joys of my life is when I get to take a van full of "underpriveleged" youth out into the wilderness and show them a bit about what we've been yacking about here.

I also do cross-cultural workshops to teach mainstream society about what native society was really about and still is about, cuz that's part of my personal background and personal life. That's one of the high points of my job too.

We also host community events like elders dinners, kids christmas and halloween parties and community cleanup days, trying to encourage everyone to treat the earth a little nicer. Before I did all this I was just an outlaw mostly and that thinking still hangs over my head a lot. I can't afford to be political and I'm a little to friggin' busy to save the planet, but I'm working on my little piece. I don't have time to whine about it, I just do it, so if you want to do something....fill your boots.

lumpy
10-30-2007, 10:10 PM
If the question was who I would choose for a frontal assault on a well defended position,then I would pick differently.However,since we're dealing with an unknown situation for unknown duration I choose the following.
FVR-for his experience and honesty,and especially for his sense of humor
owlgirl-forager
nell67-caregiver
If I could choose more then HOP would be next.

Beo
10-31-2007, 09:25 AM
Sheeee... it, I forgot WarEagle69 and Mitch, yeah you'd be there. But how many can we choose? If only 3, I'd go wit Mitch... NorthWindTrails... FVR if I could add one more then WarEagle69... but I'm new here and keep changing my mind, maybe that means...? I dunno.
And thank you Volwest, damn I forgot you, see you were quiet here and stalked up on us :) But I do like your rantings just never had enough time t finish one, lol hee hee... I kill myself... lol
Just joking.
Beo,

Sarge47
10-31-2007, 11:41 AM
If you check out the very 1st post I posted you'll all see I said you can pick as many as you want from our membership. That leaves out Crockett and Boone, BTW.

Beo
10-31-2007, 12:10 PM
Okay then... here goes.
FVR, Sarge, Jose Lobo, Owl Girl, Lady Trapper, Trax, NorthWindTrails, Nell67, WarEagle69 and Mitch, Volwest and HOP, and Explodingearth (for the entertainment value he'd give me arguing with FVR) and then I'd sart my own wilderness nation called BEOWULFSKATCHEWANISTAN :)

trax
10-31-2007, 02:09 PM
Traxistan is easier to spell, dude :)

Sarge47
10-31-2007, 09:34 PM
Picking FVR would probably be the most comfortable "choice"...but is it really a choice ? And what is this choice based on ? What do we perceive from FVR that would make this choice valid ? And what do we anticipate that FVR could resolve ? FVR then becomes a tool to appease your own lack of presence...your own anticipations. You make him your "prisoner", your "slave", for you yourself are a slave to your past, present in every decision you make. If you had ask to "pick" a friend, i would have answered differently. But you asked to pick a tool that would maintain my own fears...my own short comings, my own laziness, and in doing so, making me the slave of my own comfort.

Choices are illusions...

I'd like to see anybody try and make a slave out of FVR. Instead of a "slave" I think they were picking a fellow survivalist that would help insure there safety. Are you saying it is better for you to be "uncomfortable"? Wouldn't it be a "2-way street" with both parties pitching in? I think it would.

corndog-44
10-31-2007, 11:59 PM
Those of you who picked volwest better form a search party and go find him. Looks like he packed up all his posts and got lost. Does he do this often? :)

HOP
11-01-2007, 06:02 AM
Corndog cause he is older than me Volwest cause if he gets lost or runs off we can split up his gear I think owl girl as well need some one calm and senceable

marberry
11-08-2007, 10:31 PM
id take trax hands down (hes used to manitoba wilderness) Owl girl (used to northern survival) and sarge (all round survival expert) course thats if its only 3 id also take FVR and my friend who uses this but i forgot his username lol

Beo
11-08-2007, 10:33 PM
Trax and VFR no doubt.

owl_girl
11-08-2007, 10:36 PM
Awww *blushing* Thanks marcraft.

Sarge47
11-08-2007, 10:36 PM
id take trax hands down (hes used to manitoba wilderness) Owl girl (used to northern survival and beautifull lol) and sarge (all round survival expert) course thats if its only 3

Nowhere did I post a limit. The idea was to see who people might think were handy to have around. You forgot the most important thing about Owl Girl, she packs a big Machete!:D

Beo
11-08-2007, 10:43 PM
Well allllrighty then:
FVR,
Sarge
Owl Girl
Lady Trapper
Trax
NorthWindTrails
Nell67
Mitch
and warEagle 69
and of course explodingearth after I took his worthless machete :D

marberry
11-08-2007, 10:56 PM
id have a longer list but iv been away for 3 months so i dont know much about the new members , heck the last time i remember i had the most posts lol shows just how out of the loop i am right now

marberry
11-08-2007, 11:03 PM
lol honestly owl_girl i had a huge crush on you way back when but have since gained the self confidence to talk to you , wish i was 5 years older lol

owl_girl
11-08-2007, 11:34 PM
Wow, now I’m really blushing. You’re so sweet. I’m glad you have the confidence now. That post probably took some guts…I’m imprested.

marberry
11-08-2007, 11:38 PM
aww thx now im blushing , yeah it did but it was worth posting it just to get it off my chest ,

Beo
11-08-2007, 11:40 PM
okay go to e-harmony for that chat lol... :D

owl_girl
11-08-2007, 11:42 PM
It looks like you got a lot of things off your chest today.

marberry
oh lol sry got so excited i forgot i was on a wilderness survival forum

marberry
yeah , its been a good day ^_^

owl_girl
11-08-2007, 11:45 PM
Ok Beo now you’re just having way to much fun lol.

Beo
11-08-2007, 11:49 PM
U want fun ;) I got fun... lol.

owl_girl
11-08-2007, 11:54 PM
U want fun ;) I got fun... lol.

Ummm you can keep your fun to your self, I don’t trust your fun lol

Beo
11-08-2007, 11:56 PM
Didn't this thread start out "If you could have anybody" lol... guess I'm an old perv... lol
Haa ha, yeah wat up owlgirl ;) jk gotta go for now leaving in the morning for camping till monday.

marberry
11-08-2007, 11:58 PM
yeah i noticed that , im using firefox w/ tabs and all this tab says is "If you could have anybody" lol

owl_girl
11-08-2007, 11:59 PM
lol bye Beo.

MCBushbaby
11-09-2007, 12:25 AM
If you were in a "survival" situation and could choose anybody from this group here to be with you, who would you choose? You can choose as many as you want. I'm waiting to post mine later.

Well who's the hottest chick in our member list? :P

Beo
11-09-2007, 12:36 AM
Far as I've seen Owlgirl but thats just me :D

marberry
11-09-2007, 12:46 AM
lol that was one short camping trip beo

Beo
11-09-2007, 01:03 AM
I leave in the morning but can't sleep, thinkng of the things I packed and if I need to add, no I'm good but its from friday to monday at 6pm so I wanna make sure, I pack light and travel far so I kept it down, I'll try'n take some picks.

flandersander
11-11-2007, 01:50 AM
I would take beowolf, sarge47 and nativedude

dilligaf2u2
11-11-2007, 12:51 PM
No one from this sight. TDW (The Dear Wife)would not let me bring anyone but MGF(my girl friend) and her.

The happy home rule apply's here! ((If Mama is not happy, No One Is Allowed To Be Happy!))

Now if I were alone and did not have TDW or TGF! Ok ladies line up! From left to right, Count off!

Don

nell67
11-11-2007, 04:56 PM
So your wife would really let you bring the girl friend huh??

trax
11-12-2007, 03:52 PM
So your wife would really let you bring the girl friend huh??

If that's true, this dude may have some serious survival skills that we need to tap into

nell67
11-12-2007, 04:44 PM
If that's true, this dude may have some serious survival skills that we need to tap into

Well he keeps sayin TDW and MGF,obviously they arent threatened by each other???

trax
11-12-2007, 05:01 PM
Well he keeps sayin TDW and MGF,obviously they arent threatened by each other???

welllll....he says it to us anyway....I think he's doing something amazing if he's surviving two women at the same time, LOL. I don't think they're the ones who need to feel threatened.

He does seem to have a pretty good sense of priorities though....

nell67
11-12-2007, 05:03 PM
welllll....he says it to us anyway....I think he's doing something amazing if he's surviving two women at the same time, LOL. I don't think they're the ones who need to feel threatened.

He does seem to have a pretty good sense of priorities though....

Spoken like a true man LMAO!!!:rolleyes:

trax
11-12-2007, 05:21 PM
Spoken like a true man LMAO!!!:rolleyes:

Well I hope so :rolleyes: Last time I checked anyway :eek::D

nell67
11-12-2007, 05:22 PM
Again! please see my last post for my reply LMAO!

dilligaf2u2
11-12-2007, 07:54 PM
Guys MGF is a female and a companion. Girl and friend. TDW & MGF are friends and no MGF does not live with TDW and I. TDW & MGF are friends and Shop, Camp, Sew, and cook together. I have known MGF for over 30 yrs. Her late husband and I used to hunt together. If TDW could she would probably move me out and move MGF in. TDW does keep a room here for MGF when she wants to spend the night.

Who says a man and woman can not be friends and nothing more! Yes I love MGF but not the same way I love TDW!

I am not as amazing as you guys would like to think. I just pick friends that stick around a long time!

Don

nell67
11-12-2007, 08:06 PM
Guys MGF is a female and a companion. Girl and friend. TDW & MGF are friends and no MGF does not live with TDW and I. TDW & MGF are friends and Shop, Camp, Sew, and cook together. I have known MGF for over 30 yrs. Her late husband and I used to hunt together. If TDW could she would probably move me out and move MGF in. TDW does keep a room here for MGF when she wants to spend the night.

Who says a man and woman can not be friends and nothing more! Yes I love MGF but not the same way I love TDW!

I am not as amazing as you guys would like to think. I just pick friends that stick around a long time!

Don
Don,
I did not mean to offend you ,just playin around with ya on the tdw and the mgf thing because you have mentioned it several times,I am not judging you and not accusing you,sometimes here on the forum we joke around with each other and it is not meant to cause bad feelings towards anyone,please forgive me if I offended you,and welcome to the wolfpack!

dilligaf2u2
11-13-2007, 08:23 AM
Pick away, I love it when friends can pick on eachother. It shows they are colse to one another. I think I'll rename Nell67 to = TOW= That Other Woman Or The Other Woman!

I was not offended TOW! I am just so used to using the terms TDW and MGF I forget others may not understand.

How do you like your new Name! LOL

Don

Beo
11-13-2007, 09:31 AM
Just got back and these last threads have e soooo confused :D

trax
11-13-2007, 10:32 AM

Don

Don, I'm gonna stick with the "you're amazing" image.

nell67
11-13-2007, 03:33 PM
:D
Pick away, I love it when friends can pick on eachother. It shows they are colse to one another. I think I'll rename Nell67 to = TOW= That Other Woman Or The Other Woman!

I was not offended TOW! I am just so used to using the terms TDW and MGF I forget others may not understand.

How do you like your new Name! LOL

Don

HAHA cute!:D;)

sh4d0wm4573ri7
11-13-2007, 09:00 PM
anyone would do as Iam adaptable to any, I learn they learn we survive

trax
11-13-2007, 09:22 PM
anyone would do as Iam adaptable to any, I learn they learn we survive

that's a sporting attitude! You should pick dilli, he's bringing extra women :D :D :D

FVR
11-13-2007, 09:28 PM
I was thinking that if I was in Grizzly country in Grizzly areas, I'd take that young man who bragged about how he could kill one with a machette.

Can always use a "Grizzly Bear Killer" in camp. LOL.

owl_girl
11-13-2007, 09:52 PM
Yea I thought I’d be comfortable with anyone from this forum too until I started reading the cannibalism thread lol. Now I think I’d be a bit more careful whom I’d choose since getting eaten would be a bit counter predictive lol. But anyway I’d definitely prefer to have company and there are a lot of benefits to being in numbers. Pretty much anybody from this forum would be beneficial in one way or another, even the ones who aren’t as experienced.

Strider
11-13-2007, 10:02 PM
Id take sarge, fvr... nearly everyone here is great... owlgirl, trax,:)

trax
11-13-2007, 10:10 PM
I was thinking that if I was in Grizzly country in Grizzly areas, I'd take that young man who bragged about how he could kill one with a machette.

Can always use a "Grizzly Bear Killer" in camp. LOL. Yep, Trax could make a lotta trax while he's over there attempting that first swing, LOL. Owl_girl, I promise I'm not a cannibal :), I'm not promising Nell isn't though, LOLOL:eek:

nell67
11-13-2007, 10:13 PM
LOL I TOLD you I dont eat human flesh!!!starting to sound redundant LOL!

trax
11-13-2007, 10:17 PM
It's owl_girl don't wanna believe ya...I'm good....

owl_girl
11-13-2007, 10:24 PM
LOL I TOLD you I dont eat human flesh!!!starting to sound redundant LOL!

what??? I wasn’t accusing you nell, I know your good and one of my first choices. Besides I was just teasing you in that cannibal thread.

owl_girl
11-14-2007, 03:53 AM
Yea I guess I trust trax too…then again… you can never tell with them wolves :D.

nell67
11-14-2007, 06:32 AM
what??? I wasn’t accusing you nell, I know your good and one of my first choices. Besides I was just teasing you in that cannibal thread.
I know owl_girl just picking back at ya!