PDA

View Full Version : if you could take only 8 thing into the bush

jose lobo
10-29-2007, 12:18 AM
If you could only take 8 thing (not including cloths) into the deep bush, and you knew you would be out for a year or two,, what would you take? in order of importance

for example;
1 machete
2 my dog
3 12 gauge
4 cooking pot
5 first aid kit
6 sleeping bag
7 seeds
8 steel trap

carcajou garou
10-29-2007, 12:43 AM
I'll play
1. light forest ax, 20" handle 1 1/2lbs head / diamond lap
2. Ferro rod
3. Med nylon tarp, rubberized
4. Compass
5. SS pot 2ltrs
6. .22lr single shot rifle / 500rds ammo
7. Fleece blanket
8. nylon rope 1/16"dia x 100'

but why limit to 8? not 10? not 15?

RobertRogers
10-29-2007, 06:07 AM
fire making gear
clothing for the environment
tarp
fishing gear
.22 LR rifle, 1000 rounds, cleaning and repair kit
multi-tool
backpack
axe

chances are we will be eating your dog.

HOP
10-29-2007, 06:37 AM
If you eat my dog I would likely have the chance to try some Long Pig.
1.snare
2. Gil net
3.Rifle .22/ammo
4.fish hooks/line
5.Hunters axe
6.Tarp
7.Knife
8. An eddible plant forage book

Sarge47
10-29-2007, 07:28 AM
Uh oh! How many people here know what you're referring to? Actually a dog may be a problem in the bush, maybe not. I believe we had that discussion with Owl Girl awhile back. Okay, 8 items off the top of my head, and I reserve the right to ammend the list later.

My Ka-bar "Bull" Dozier belt knife.
My Buck "Lumina LED" folder.
My "Sportsman's All Weather blanket.
Two quarts of water in two water bottles.
My felt hat with the 550 para-cord hat band that I personally braided.
My "Strike-Force" Flint & steel.
1 small roll of duct tape.
1 large 55 Gal. Trash-bag.

All belt items carried on a belt that I've personally made from 550 Par -cord. The other items carried in either a fanny pack or small day-pack. No fire arm as it may be difficult to maintain in the field. Snares will have to do for procuring game, or one of you guy's dog. ;>)

HOP
10-29-2007, 07:36 AM
IMHO a dog earns his salt in the woods an extra set of eyes and ears that are finely tuned
I wil give up item #2 and insert my dog instead

RobertRogers
10-29-2007, 09:30 AM
I too love dogs, but can be problematic in the bush. Long pig is good, we will place you as the guest of honor at our next meal.

HOP
10-29-2007, 09:47 AM
An untrained dog maybe but no more than an untrained peoples. Getting to put a spear in a wid hog likely won't happen to often without a good dog kep you warm to.

Tony uk
10-29-2007, 09:49 AM
1. Clothing
2. Sleeping Bag v Fold down tent (2 man)
3. Sweedish firesteel v allweather tider
4. 3 days worth of food (Just in case)
5. A machete
6. Cooking utensils and KFS set
7. Several meter of paracord
8. Map and compas

MCBushbaby
10-29-2007, 10:13 AM
In order of importance:
(as with all my posts, I reference the boreal shield region passively)

1) spare clothing (especially winter clothing, waterproof shell/poncho, thermals)
2) ax (felling style)
3) Cold Steel SRK knife
4) honing stone
5) month's worth of dried food (to get me started)
6) water bottle/canteen
7) .308 Springfield, bolt action (and spare ammo)
8) Flint

Probably get away with no flint if you can find a piece of quarts, but you said 8 so yay for flint.

jose lobo
10-29-2007, 10:17 AM
seems like the dog is a big topic,
my dog can smell a boar, tapir, or a jaguar from 500 meter

i agree that a badly trained dog my not help you out there, but i am talking a year or two,
i also think you could train just about anything (even a lab) in 4 months of intensive living.
it also could be a friend after 400 days of solitude, something to talk to beside yourself. because i have found myself talking to myself after about 3 weeks

and yes you could eat it if it came to it.

thanks for all the ideas, i am really asking for good ideas

Sarge47
10-29-2007, 11:57 AM
For the record, "long pig" is a human being & refers to cannibalism.

trax
10-29-2007, 03:55 PM
anyone mention a satellite phone yet?

jose lobo
10-29-2007, 04:27 PM
thanks i googled long pig, but i thought there may be a different meaning. i am just learnig,
if you were a long pig, food would not be an issue.

trax
10-29-2007, 04:57 PM
if you were a long pig, food would not be an issue.

If you burn oxygen, food is an issue.

scabbyota
10-29-2007, 07:39 PM
fix blade knife
ax
fire starter
sleeping bag
two steel traps
cooking pot
heavy tarp
100 ft of 550

Beo
10-29-2007, 09:12 PM
My Tracker II Knife
Hatchet
50 foot of para cord
Large trash bag
1-1qt. Canteen full of water
my long bow and full quiver of arrows
wool blanket
shelter half

All items carried on me. Fires easy enough to start, finding water isn't too hard and in the desert it can be found or made with the trash bag. Food is the problem (meat) but easily found depending on the terrain. Worst case you're in the artic.

sh4d0wm4573ri7
11-02-2007, 08:28 AM
knife
fire kit
hatchet
rottie
cook kit
12 gauge
tarp
sleeping bag

Smok
11-05-2007, 06:39 AM
I only saw one person here with a sharpener for their knife so I would like to know how many of you can find a good stone out there for sharpening your knife ,because of you cannot, a knife with out a sharper is like a gun with out ammo ,and if you can find the right stone and they can be found any where ...please tail us all it would be of great help....Thank you

HOP
11-05-2007, 07:02 AM
Sand stone, pumace stone

RobertRogers
11-05-2007, 07:50 AM
A dog can help, there is no doubt. But he can also get you into trouble - barking, noise, eating alot of food, getting you noticed. But your right, very little escapes a dogs keen senses.

zaebra
11-05-2007, 05:34 PM
Hm, interesting thought. Without really overthinking it, I'd instinctively say:

1) belt knife
2) ar-7 .22 rifle
3) rain suit
4) crank-powered flashlight
5) g.i. aluminum canteen w/cup
6) firestarter (like firesteel, flint and steel, lighter, or whatever)
7) waterproof boots
8) parachute (you can make a ton of stuff with one, from backpacks to shelters)

some things may seem to be missing (like cold weather clothing, food, sleeping arrangements, and so on), but the idea for me would be that the tools above would allow me to fairly quickly assemble whatever else I needed. in theory.

trax
11-05-2007, 05:56 PM
Let's see...hmmm....8 things? After Otay's concerns in the other thread, I'm just not sure anymore.

1. porta potty
2. decorative matching towel/rug set for portapotty
3. reading material to store in portapotty
4. cases of baby wipes
5. razor
6. lots of shaving soap
7. two mirrors, one that I can balance somehow above the crack in my a$$
8. a bidet
9. room freshener (couldn't make it in just 8 items)
10. cd player with some nice mellow music (gotta set the mood)
11. sensitive rash ointment of some kind (post shave trauma...ewwww)
12. Boy Scout manual (what the hell, right? figure a troop leader's going to show up)
I better stop now.

nell67
11-05-2007, 06:22 PM
Let's see...hmmm....8 things? After Otay's concerns in the other thread, I'm just not sure anymore.

1. porta potty
2. decorative matching towel/rug set for portapotty
3. reading material to store in portapotty
4. cases of baby wipes
5. razor
6. lots of shaving soap
7. two mirrors, one that I can balance somehow above the crack in my a$$
8. a bidet
9. room freshener (couldn't make it in just 8 items)
10. cd player with some nice mellow music (gotta set the mood)
11. sensitive rash ointment of some kind (post shave trauma...ewwww)
12. Boy Scout manual (what the hell, right? figure a troop leader's going to show up)
I better stop now.

That cd better be of nature sounds ...and thank God I am no longer a troop leader!

trax
11-05-2007, 06:26 PM
That cd better be of nature sounds ...and thank God I am no longer a troop leader!

Why Nell! Music hath charms which soothe the savage breast....

nell67
11-05-2007, 06:56 PM

LOL!you can say that again!

trax
11-05-2007, 07:29 PM

so does cuddling by the way, ask owl_girl! or ask WE and Norm!

Sarge47
11-05-2007, 09:42 PM
How come some of us always seem to come up with a "magic number" like "if you could only take ____________ amount of items, what would you take. A Freaking Hummer filled to the brim with every survival item known to man, okay!
Seriously I take as much stuff as I can reasonably carry because of some guy named Murphy who had a law named after him. It used to be called "Rick's Law" but they changed the name because of possible legal problems. If I can carry it, it goes!

nell67
11-07-2007, 07:50 AM
so does cuddling by the way, ask owl_girl! or ask WE and Norm!

Ive heard that one before LOL!

jose lobo
11-07-2007, 09:43 PM
trax;
sounds like you are a porta potty,,, so pathetic,, i feel sorry for you.

SemperParatus
11-07-2007, 10:24 PM
trax;
sounds like you are a porta potty,,, so pathetic,, i feel sorry for you.

Jose,, you responded to a misquote from a troll just before they cleaned it up. That wasn't a legitimate quote.

Maybe this will help clear it up for you.
http://www.wilderness-survival.net/forums/showthread.php?t=924
and here
http://www.wilderness-survival.net/forums/showthread.php?t=911

Trax doesn't deserve this.

dilligaf2u2
11-08-2007, 01:08 AM
K mart
Sears
Zia sporting goods
Wal mart
Knife
Water Filter
Gortex Tartp
Fire steel

That should do it.

Don

jose lobo
11-08-2007, 11:06 AM
I don't understad why some of you are waisting your time, or ours, chanting about porta potty and how you like to go poo, or what is your favorite chain sporting good store, is..

what the hell is wrong with you people??? maybe you should good back to school,
i understand joking around can be fun, and thats great,, but to waste so much time doing it???... man you guys have way to much time in front of your computers

please impress me with something real,, like how you would make it out there??
without any help for anyone else. because at this rate, i know when i am out there i would not want to be anywhere near you.. because you would be talking so much smack,, you would scare away the game, and show the enemy exactly where we were.

with friends like that who need enemy's????

trax
11-08-2007, 11:16 AM
If only what you thought mattered to me, go hang some bananas around your campsite, I believe that was your advice once. Keep the mosquitos away, welcome in the bears and you won't worry much about mosquitos anyway.

Beo
11-08-2007, 11:20 AM
Your a Costa Rica survivalist, surviving on the sun bleached beach and sipping pina-colada's telling us how great a survivalist you are. Dude just relax and read some of the threads, there's a ton of info in all this banter. And I for one test my skills every chance I get. So poo off Jose Nosey Lobo :D:D:D

SemperParatus
11-08-2007, 11:24 AM
Beginning to sound a lot like Otay isn't he? Hmmmmm...I wonder.

Beo
11-08-2007, 11:55 AM
Its a joke dude, RELAX.

trax
11-08-2007, 11:56 AM
I don't understad why some of you are waisting your time, or ours, chanting about porta potty and how you like to go poo, or what is your favorite chain sporting good store, is..

i understand joking around can be fun, and thats great,, but to waste so much time doing it???... man you guys have way to much time in front of your computers

without any help for anyone else. because at this rate, i know when i am out there i would not want to be anywhere near you.. because you would be talking so much smack,, you would scare away the game, and show the enemy exactly where we were.

What I put up was joking in response to another thread ok Josie? So sorry if you misunderstood. I was going to leave it there, but then I read the rest of the post. As far as "making it out there," I'd welcome you to pull your butt off the tropical beaches that you live on and come try 1 day...that's right muffin 1 day where I've been utilizing my outdoor skills for almost 50 years. Cuz I can just about guarantee that no matter what gear you brought, you'd be whimpering for someone like me (or several other people who post here) to come and find you.

And show what enemy? Believe me, dude, if teotwawki hits, I'm not going to be sitting around hacking on a keyboard to the likes of you or anyone else.

Now, does someone need a hug and a fresh start?

Beo
11-08-2007, 12:01 PM
Weeeeeell now I could use a hug as long as it don't turn gay anything (not that there's anything wrong with being gay, you wanna lay wit a dude that's your nasty taste who am I to decide what you do) and I'd like to film Trax vs. Jose Lobo and post it on Survival Battles of Wild... lol... :D:D:D

owl_girl
11-08-2007, 12:04 PM

Some people like joking and chatting a about life it doesn’t mean they didn’t have good survival skills, if I see someone joking I come up with the conclusion that they have a sense of humor but you come up with the conclusion that they lack survival skills??? Or the conclusion that how they behave around friends is how they’d behave when there hiding from the enemy??? This is a pretty relaxed forum and I prefer it that way. I talk with the people here the way I’d talk if I was sitting around the camp fire with my friends, swapping stories, talking about survival techniques and joking.

owl_girl
11-08-2007, 12:05 PM
Weeeeeell now I could use a hug as long as it don't turn gay anything (not that there's anything wrong with being gay, you wanna lay wit a dude that's your nasty taste who am I to decide what you do) and I'd like to film Trax vs. Jose Lobo and post it on Survival Battles of Wild... lol... :D:D:D
*Gives Beowulf a hug*

trax
11-08-2007, 12:17 PM
I'd like to film Trax vs. Jose Lobo and post it on Survival Battles of Wild... lol... :D:D:D

Well, I don't usually like to brag or anything..(yeah right) but I'd advise...put your money on Trax and don't get to comfortable in your seats, it'd be a pretty short film.

trax
11-08-2007, 12:18 PM
whoops...I meant if we were where I described..in Costa Rica I'd just go book bear grylls room and enjoy the climate....:)

Beo
11-08-2007, 12:44 PM
Why thank you Owl Girl, and a big looooong lasting hug right back (stop trying to push me away you started it) Okay i'll stop :D:D:D

explodingearth
11-08-2007, 01:25 PM
omg hug entrapment...

trax
11-08-2007, 01:30 PM
I remember the old days when we cuddled...sigh.... (not me and Beo for you newcomers LOL)

owl_girl
11-08-2007, 03:02 PM
Lol poor tarx, alright fine trax gets a hug too.

Beo
11-08-2007, 03:05 PM
Trax you get my sloppy second hugs... lol... lol :D jk owlgirl.

owl_girl
11-08-2007, 03:08 PM
Umm… okaaay that’s enough hugs for you.

Beo
11-08-2007, 03:17 PM
Awwww, I was only joking, never happen again I promise, promise, promise... plese I need hugs :(

owl_girl
11-08-2007, 03:24 PM
Lol alright I’ll take the hug ban off.

trax
11-08-2007, 03:35 PM
Awwww, I was only joking, never happen again I promise, promise, promise... plese I need hugs :(

I think he's been into the frogs again :D

owl_girl
11-08-2007, 03:38 PM
I think you are right lol.

Beo
11-08-2007, 03:57 PM
Are they a legal high? Might try it if they are... lol... :D

trax
11-08-2007, 04:32 PM
How the frog feels about it, dude.

explodingearth
11-08-2007, 04:42 PM
mmmmmm frog loves it, he like (yea thats the spot baby!)

Rick
11-22-2007, 08:02 AM
8 things? Only 8 things? Okay, I'll play, too.

2 brunettes
2 blondes
2 redheads
1 bottle of love potion #9
My last will and testament

;O)

Rick

nell67
11-22-2007, 08:22 AM

2 brunettes
2 blondes
2 redheads

;O)

Rick

Thats quite a harem you are taking with you!:eek:

Rick
11-22-2007, 08:28 AM
It's a cinch I won't last very long but, hey, a guy should have a right to pick his own poison. :O)

nell67
11-22-2007, 08:32 AM
It's a cinch I won't last very long but, hey, a guy should have a right to pick his own poison. :O)

LOL true,but at least you know going in that it would only be short term:D

Sarge47
11-22-2007, 08:36 AM

2 brunettes
2 blondes
2 redheads

;O)

Rick

A.) Did not specify gender on the hair color.
B.) Did not specify skills of said person
C.) Why so interested in hair color?:confused:

nell67
11-22-2007, 08:38 AM
A.) Did not specify gender on the hair color.
B.) Did not specify skills of said person
C.) Why so interested in hair color?:confused:

PULEEEAAASSEE dont have him elaborate on their skills~!:o

Rick
11-22-2007, 08:51 AM
A. That's just sick!
B. Thanks Nell67. You saved me some time. But now I'm worried about Sarge. Some things should not have to be explained. Skills. Pfffft.
C. Variety. Spice of life..and all that.

nell67
11-22-2007, 08:54 AM
A. That's just sick!
B. Thanks Nell67. You saved me some time. But now I'm worried about Sarge. Some things should not have to be explained. Skills. Pfffft.

No need to worry about sarge! he's alright:p

Sarge47
11-22-2007, 08:57 AM
A. That's just sick!

6 women and only one guy, what, you think you just didn't make a whole lotta trouble? for yourself?:rolleyes: Oh well, "long pig" is a life-saver as well!

nell67
11-22-2007, 09:02 AM
6 women and only one guy, what, you think you just didn't make a whole lotta trouble? for yourself?:rolleyes: Oh well, "long pig" is a life-saver as well!
Ok ,most guys have trouble with one woman for a whole month,and he wants to isolate himself with 6! Yea you wont last long and you wont exactly be a happy camper when ya go!

Rick
11-22-2007, 09:19 AM
Did ya'll miss the love potion #9? And the Last Will and Testament? A whole month? You give far too much credit. No, a day or two...maybe.

J.O.K.E. - joke. That which causes laughter. Sort of misses something when you have to explain it.

I went out and captured a live turkey for dinner today but had to let it go. It used fowl language.

See? That's a joke.

Happy Turkey Day!

Sarge47
11-22-2007, 09:27 AM
Did ya'll miss the love potion #9? And the Last Will and Testament? A whole month? You give far too much credit. No, a day or two...maybe.

J.O.K.E. - joke. That which causes laughter. Sort of misses something when you have to explain it.

I went out and captured a live turkey for dinner today but had to let it go. It used fowl language.

See? That's a joke.

Happy Turkey Day!

Love your Avatar, BTW. Happy Turkey day to you too. However, talking about all those women that way is likely to get Beowulf and Trax all stirred up again and then....who knows?:rolleyes:

nell67
11-22-2007, 09:45 AM
Love your Avatar, BTW. Happy Turkey day to you too. However, talking about all those women that way is likely to get Beowulf and Trax all stirred up again and then....who knows?:rolleyes:

Yea dont want to get THEM stirred up again now do we Sarge!
And we are just picking on ya dude! Welcome to the forum!
Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

Rick
11-22-2007, 09:52 AM
Just ran across the forum a day to two ago. Really like it. Lot's of good info and a good community from the posts I've read.

Don't mind being picked on at all. I'd rather see you picking on me than picking your nose. Not much bothers me and I like to have some fun. It makes the learning a lot more enjoyable. I'll share where I can and shut up where I should. Aristotle once said a man has two ears and one tongue that he might listen twice as much as he speaks and I try to live by that...well, most of the time.

nell67
11-22-2007, 09:54 AM
Well you better get ready to get picked on when beo and trax get here,their good at it and you gave them some good fodder when you posted about the 6 women!

You have been duly warned, so smile:D!

Rick
11-22-2007, 10:56 AM
I'm Smilin'!

nell67
11-22-2007, 11:00 AM
I'm Smilin'!
Always nice to "see" who we are talking to! nice pic there Rick!

trax
11-22-2007, 11:38 AM
How to last the month---no worries, Beo and I are both trackers, if you're out there alone with 6 women....we'll find you. Can you exchange that last will and testament for a video camera? (and take lots and lots of love potion #9)

Found a way to put grylli vanilli right out of business...new show...Amazon Babes of the Boreal Forest!!

trax
11-22-2007, 11:39 AM
I can tell by your picture that you enjoy monkeying around, you'll fit right in here.

nell67
11-22-2007, 11:50 AM
UMM hate to say I told ya so Rick !

trax
11-22-2007, 12:09 PM
and that is a fine avatar there Rick, quite possibly the 2nd handsomest wolf here :D :D (Nell's is the prettiest :D)

nell67
11-22-2007, 12:10 PM
and that is a fine avatar there Rick, quite possibly the 2nd handsomest wolf here :D :D (Nell's is the prettiest :D)

AAAWWW thanks trax!:o

trax
11-22-2007, 12:11 PM
My pleasure ma'am, calls 'em the way I sees 'em.

nell67
11-22-2007, 12:14 PM
My pleasure ma'am, calls 'em the way I sees 'em.

LOL Well I do thank you! (p.s.the check is in the mail LOL!!!)

Rick
11-22-2007, 12:22 PM
Geez Trax. Thanks. I thinks it's my blue eyes. Oh...you said my avatar, didn't you?

trax
11-22-2007, 12:25 PM
Geez Trax. Thanks. I thinks it's my blue eyes. Oh...you said my avatar, didn't you?

Yep, also said 2nd. No sign of Beowulf this morning, he may be on your trail, already, LOL.

nell67
11-22-2007, 12:25 PM

Yea I think he meant your avatar,cause we cant see your eye color in the pic you posted!

Sarge47
11-22-2007, 01:08 PM
That picture of Rick smiling...well...I found him strangely attractive ya know...:rolleyes: BTW, I can't tell you how wierd it is to be talking to a guy that's got my name.:cool:

nell67
11-22-2007, 01:44 PM
That picture of Rick smiling...well...I found him strangely attractive ya know...:rolleyes: BTW, I can't tell you how wierd it is to be talking to a guy that's got my name.:cool:

Sarge,I TOLD him you were ok,dont give him anymore doubts:D

Rick
11-22-2007, 01:52 PM
I hate to break it to you, Sarge but I think you have my name. I'm older than dirt and God named me so I'm pretty sure it's my name. By the way, for those that don't know, the name Rick actually means: "The quiet wolf that steals the hearts of women, conquers worlds, and to whom all men bow down to." ......... no, really. it does. I swear.

nell67
11-22-2007, 01:55 PM
I hate to break it to you, Sarge but I think you have my name. I'm older than dirt and God named me so I'm pretty sure it's my name. By the way, for those that don't know, the name Rick actually means: "The quiet wolf that steals the hearts of women, conquers worlds, and to whom all men bow down to." ......... no, really. it does. I swear.

LMAO!!!sure right!

Rick
11-22-2007, 02:07 PM
Oh, Nell. Ye of little faith. Ask Sarge if you don't believe me.

nell67
11-22-2007, 02:07 PM
Oh, Nell. Ye of little faith. Ask Sarge if you don't believe me.

I have plenty of faith LOL,and sarge would just agree with you anyway!

owl_girl
11-22-2007, 02:09 PM

It’s cheating if you have to use potions.

nell67
11-22-2007, 02:13 PM
It’s cheating if you have to use potions.

You go girl!! tell them like it is! who needs potions anyway!

owl_girl
11-22-2007, 02:14 PM
who needs potions anyway!

Rick lol :D :D :D

Rick
11-22-2007, 02:15 PM
And your point is what exactly? Let me see, cheating, cheating, no. Can't seem to find it in my dictionary.

nell67
11-22-2007, 02:15 PM
Rick lol :D :D :D

Well,he's a man what does he know?

Rick
11-22-2007, 02:17 PM
Hey, my point exactly. Thank you!

owl_girl
11-22-2007, 02:18 PM
Oh I see lol. Welcome to the forum btw

nell67
11-22-2007, 02:20 PM
:D
Hey, my point exactly. Thank you!

I rest my case:D

trax
11-22-2007, 05:28 PM
Well,he's a man what does he know?

Now you see how nice men can be? If one of us guys posted "well she's a woman what does she know?" there'd be a wailing and gnashing of teeth on a magnitude unheard of since the Great Fall. We'd never get to live it down. Did you ever think you might have hurt poor Rick's feelings? Nooooooo, just go ahead and make your little smartypants comments and let the chips fall where they may.

trax
11-22-2007, 05:29 PM
Damn, I did that good didn't I? You could read it and take it seriously if you didn't know it was from me! LMAO

nell67
11-22-2007, 05:39 PM
Now you see how nice men can be? If one of us guys posted "well she's a woman what does she know?" there'd be a wailing and gnashing of teeth on a magnitude unheard of since the Great Fall. We'd never get to live it down. Did you ever think you might have hurt poor Rick's feelings? Nooooooo, just go ahead and make your little smartypants comments and let the chips fall where they may.
Oh so now your on his side huh,well I guess you would since you are a man???? LMAO!

trax
11-22-2007, 05:42 PM
Oh so now your on his side huh,well I guess you would since you are a man???? LMAO!
Well, you're a woman, what would .....never mind.:D :D :D

nell67
11-22-2007, 05:52 PM
I'll give you.....never mind!:D:p

trax
11-22-2007, 05:56 PM
I'll take it

nell67
11-22-2007, 05:57 PM
I'll take it
I bet you would too!:D:D:D

Rick
11-22-2007, 08:34 PM
My poor feelings (sniff). Picture the wolf limping through snow covered woods. His agony measured by the pained gasps his poor haggard body must endure. "A woman," he thinks. "Only a woman can hurt me so." And once more he lifts his muzzle to the sky and howls...Nnnneeeellllllllll.......

nell67
11-23-2007, 03:34 AM
My poor feelings (sniff). Picture the wolf limping through snow covered woods. His agony measured by the pained gasps his poor haggard body must endure. "A woman," he thinks. "Only a woman can hurt me so." And once more he lifts his muzzle to the sky and howls...Nnnneeeellllllllll.......
LMAO!!!!!! (sorry)!

trax
11-23-2007, 11:23 AM
well actually it was nell And owl_girl, but if you're limping around out there howling two names you're just gonna look goofy...

owl_girl
11-23-2007, 12:37 PM
Hey I didn’t play the gender card, I know better.

trax
11-23-2007, 12:50 PM
Hey I didn’t play the gender card, I know better.

I stand corrected owl_girl, all apologies :D

nell67
11-23-2007, 03:09 PM
Thats right I played the gender card and it worked (insert evil grin here!)
as evidenced by Rick slow pained albiet noisy limp off into the distance mwahahahaha!

owl_girl
11-23-2007, 03:24 PM
You are evil. Now you go nurse that poor wolf that you injured back to health.

nell67
11-23-2007, 03:34 PM
You are evil. Now you go nurse that poor wolf that you injured back to health.
Nah, he will go off and lick his wounds and be back in short order,its the way of the wild!

owl_girl
11-23-2007, 03:40 PM
Actually a lot of times the other wolves will help lick the wounds too.

nell67
11-23-2007, 04:14 PM
Go for it! LOL

Rick
11-23-2007, 05:05 PM
Ya'll ain't right, you know that. All that lickin' and what knot. I don't know about you girls. Me and Trax are just keepin' our distance and shakin' our heads.

owl_girl
11-23-2007, 05:17 PM
....umm I wasn’t gona lick ya I promise lol. I was just teasing nell but then she turned it on me. She’s devious I tell ya.

MCBushbaby
11-23-2007, 05:19 PM
Wait, I'm confused... Who killed Smokey the Bear and licked his limping wolf?

owl_girl
11-23-2007, 05:27 PM
Wait, I'm confused... Who killed Smokey the Bear and licked his limping wolf?

Is it illegal to kill smoky the bear? I confess to nothing. Your not going to arrest me are you?

nell67
11-23-2007, 07:43 PM
Ya'll ain't right, you know that. All that lickin' and what knot. I don't know about you girls. Me and Trax are just keepin' our distance and shakin' our heads.

Yea right!

Rick
11-23-2007, 08:12 PM
"Well, Marshal, I just strolled in to get a drink, minding my own business. Now, those two over there. That lady wolf and that white owl? Those two were up to something for sure. All sneaky and whisperin'. Then they just up and disappeared afore that Smoky the Bear fellah got it. Now, I ain't saying they did it but I ain't sayin they didn't. Just mind your Ps and Qs if you talk to 'em and don't trust 'em none. It ain't right when a wolf teams up with an owl. That's gotta violate the laws of nature and God himself. Why, look at me. I'm a wolf. I reckon' I know that much."

excerpt from "The Legend of Gassy Hollow"

nell67
11-24-2007, 06:20 PM
"Well, Marshal, I just strolled in to get a drink, minding my own business. Now, those two over there. That lady wolf and that white owl? Those two were up to something for sure. All sneaky and whisperin'. Then they just up and disappeared afore that Smoky the Bear fellah got it. Now, I ain't saying they did it but I ain't sayin they didn't. Just mind your Ps and Qs if you talk to 'em and don't trust 'em none. It ain't right when a wolf teams up with an owl. That's gotta violate the laws of nature and God himself. Why, look at me. I'm a wolf. I reckon' I know that much."

excerpt from "The Legend of Gassy Hollow"
Ha ha, the she wolf and the white owl gotcha scared now huh??

Nativedude
11-24-2007, 11:01 PM
The 8 things I would take:

1.) Rachael Ray
2.) Valerie Bertinelli
3.) Reba McEntire
4.) Gretchen Wilson
5.) Julie Ann Huff (Dancing with the Stars dancer)
5.) My dog Kenai
6.) My bobcat Masi
7.) My wolves Makui & Keetna

I would never have to come out!! :D :cool:

Rick
11-24-2007, 11:29 PM
There you go Nell and Owl Girl. Another guy taking ladies into the wild. All I can say at this point is.... "sick 'em".....

owl_girl
11-24-2007, 11:38 PM
I didn’t say anything against taking ladies into the wild, I said using potions was cheating. What ever happened to using wit and charm?

Nativedude
11-24-2007, 11:39 PM
There you go Nell and Owl Girl. Another guy taking ladies into the wild. All I can say at this point is.... "sick 'em".....

LMFAO!!! :D :eek: :D :eek:

nell67
11-25-2007, 01:02 PM
All I can say is you are biting off more than you can chew,stick with the critters,you'll be safer.
And Owl Girl,I agree,it is cheating to use the potions.

Rick
11-25-2007, 01:06 PM
And I said, "My point exactly." You two are supposed to be on Native Dude's case and leave me some slack over here.

Wit and charm, wit and charm. Nope, nothing here. If it ain't in my survival kit or BOB I pretty much ain't takin' it to the wilds.

nell67
11-25-2007, 01:08 PM
And I said, "My point exactly." You two are supposed to be on Native Dude's case and leave me some slack over here.

Wit and charm, wit and charm. Nope, nothing here. If it ain't in my survival kit or BOB I pretty much ain't takin' it to the wilds.
LOL I told him to stick with the critters LOL!

NorthWindTrails
11-25-2007, 03:34 PM
Hmm ... 8 things only? Well ...

1) Fire Kit (Ferro Rod / Char Cloth & Tin for making more / Magnifying Lens)
2) Snare Wire/Fishing Kit (A really effective Waterfowl Trap can be made ... )
3) Clear Plastic Sheet (6'x6') for Solar Still Making
4) Dehydrated Food for 14 days
5) 4 Quart Plastic Bottles of Water (PET Plastic for Solar Purification Method)
6) Gerber Multi Tool
7) 2 1/2 lb. 24" Camp Axe
8) My Sense of Humor and Wonder for Nature

I suppose if I were to leave my sense of humor behind, I could also take a good fixed blade 4 1/2 to 6 inch carbon steel knife along ... Naah. I'll keep my sense of humor (and sneak the knife past the guards ... :)

owl_girl
11-26-2007, 12:55 AM
And Owl Girl,I agree,it is cheating to use the potions.

Lol yea you’d think it would be kind of degrading to resort to having to use potions :D

owl_girl
11-26-2007, 01:06 AM

Not really on anybody’s case just poking fun, but I’ll cut you some slack since it is pretty far fetched to think you could get a girl without the use of potions :p :D just kidding lol

Nativedude
11-26-2007, 01:12 AM
Not really on anybodys case just poking fun, but I’ll cut you some slack since it is pretty far fetched to think you could get a girl without the use of potions :p :D just kidding lol

I did have one when I started my bush living adventure, but she was way too much of a city girl! There is another that is interested in living with me for 6 months to "give it a try!" We'll see how it works?! :D

It would be nice to have someone to share my back country adventures with!! :o

owl_girl
11-26-2007, 01:28 AM
I did have one when I started my bush living adventure, but she was way too much of a city girl! There is another that is interested in living with me for 6 months to "give it a try!" We'll see how it works?! :D

It would be nice to have someone to share my back country adventures with!! :o

I wish you luck with that, it is a shame more girls don’t appreciate that way of life.

Nativedude
11-26-2007, 01:41 AM
Thanks Owl Girl, and you're right it is a shame! :(

nell67
11-26-2007, 06:02 AM
Not really on anybody’s case just poking fun, but I’ll cut you some slack since it is pretty far fetched to think you could get a girl without the use of potions :p :D just kidding lol

OUCH OwlGirl! Careful of their ego kiddo,you KNOW men are sensitive (well most men anyway)!

owl_girl
11-26-2007, 01:43 PM
I was just kidding. I didn’t actually mean it. Ok you are probably right, I’ll be nice now.

Chuck
11-26-2007, 02:18 PM
Snares
2 1/2 lbs ax
flint & steel
fish line & hooks
a good belt knife
small foldingknife
diamond knife sharpener
.22 rifle w/ammo

MedicineWolf
11-26-2007, 02:34 PM
My knife
Hatchet
Long Rifle
Horse
Dog
Tarp
Possables Bag (with shot & powder, flint tool)
100 ft of 550 paracord

stompk
11-26-2007, 11:36 PM
My knife
Hatchet
Long Rifle
Horse
Dog
Tarp
Possables Bag (with shot & powder, flint tool)
100 ft of 550 paracord

Hello. I'm just curious why so many people have specified hatchets? I have a small one, and it's OK, but I can cut ALOT more wood with less effort with a saw. I have a nifty aluminum take down one. Am I missing the boat here?
thanks.

Sarge47
11-26-2007, 11:41 PM
Hello. I'm just curious why so many people have specified hatchets? I have a small one, and it's OK, but I can cut ALOT more wood with less effort with a saw. I have a nifty aluminum take down one. Am I missing the boat here?
thanks.

...missing the "canoe". People use what they feel comfortable with. Remember one guy was going to take 6 women with him! (scratches head). I think this is more a question of "priorities" than anything else. If I'm going out in the bush I'm sure as shootin' taken along more than 8 items.:rolleyes:

U.S.Marine2111
11-26-2007, 11:42 PM
My Ka Bar
A Small Hatchet
Canteen
Canteen Cup
flint
My SAS Survival Handbook
A Large Clear Plastic tarp
A whole spool of 550 cord (hey, it's still one thing)

FWIW, I would gladly trade my Survival handbook for Bear Grylls or Les Stroud.