PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone identify this movie?

MCBushbaby
10-28-2007, 12:36 AM
A long, long time ago I watched this movie where I can only remember a few things. Hopefully my vague memories can unlock yours.

It was a movie about the light and the dark
There was a wall that separated the people of light form those of the dark
The light people had horses, were clerical
The dark used a worm/slug (?) that they would put at the heel of someone's foot and it would burrow into their brain to kill them
There was a dark guy who could kill people by doing some hypersonic scream?
At the end the guy who put the slug in the heel of some ruler (maybe? usurping attempt?) was suffered the same fate at his execution. He was tied and a metal thing was put in his mouth so that even if he tried to close his teeth there would be a hole big enough for the slug to go into his throat. Of course it did

There was one quote I kinda remember. When the dark dude was going to put the slug in a resting/sick leader (maybe leader? I'm not sure) and try to take power (maybe? again), he had an assistant who was holding the slug thing in a jar. He, the former, asked "why not put it in his ear? It would be faster." and the assistant said something like "it works best if it goes thru the heel".

That's all I can remember but honestly, it was the first movie I saw after the standard bambi, looney toons things. I really want to see it again. Anyone know this movie?

EDIT: OH! I remember another thing. At the end of the movie there was a visitor(maybe?) who left this duality world and before he left he was talking to a light-side guy who said he never saw a sunset (being always light or dark in this world). Maybe this helps joggle your brains a bit more?

MCBushbaby
10-28-2007, 01:02 AM
After some sleuthing I found some abstract references to "White Dwarf" circa 1995. It was a sci-fi movie only 1.5hr long and apparently was a love it or hate it kind of movie. I can't even find any pictures outside the movie poster. But I think it's the one I'm thinking of. Ironically, for how little I remember of it, people online remember less. I've matched the "light side, dark sider, wall separating the two, the visiting doctor" but nothing about the worms or any usurping, etc. Oh well. Devil in the details.

Sarge47
10-28-2007, 07:50 AM
A long, long time ago I watched this movie where I can only remember a few things. Hopefully my vague memories can unlock yours.

It was a movie about the light and the dark
There was a wall that separated the people of light form those of the dark
The light people had horses, were clerical
The dark used a worm/slug (?) that they would put at the heel of someone's foot and it would burrow into their brain to kill them
There was a dark guy who could kill people by doing some hypersonic scream?
At the end the guy who put the slug in the heel of some ruler (maybe? usurping attempt?) was suffered the same fate at his execution. He was tied and a metal thing was put in his mouth so that even if he tried to close his teeth there would be a hole big enough for the slug to go into his throat. Of course it did

There was one quote I kinda remember. When the dark dude was going to put the slug in a resting/sick leader (maybe leader? I'm not sure) and try to take power (maybe? again), he had an assistant who was holding the slug thing in a jar. He, the former, asked "why not put it in his ear? It would be faster." and the assistant said something like "it works best if it goes thru the heel".

That's all I can remember but honestly, it was the first movie I saw after the standard bambi, looney toons things. I really want to see it again. Anyone know this movie?

EDIT: OH! I remember another thing. At the end of the movie there was a visitor(maybe?) who left this duality world and before he left he was talking to a light-side guy who said he never saw a sunset (being always light or dark in this world). Maybe this helps joggle your brains a bit more?

I'm not sure that I've ever seen it. Two films come to mind that may only be similar and not the one your looking for.. The "Phantasm" trio and "Krull". Hope this helps.

nell67
10-28-2007, 08:06 AM
I did a search for White dwarf and it seems like what you are describing although there is no mention of slugs ,not a lot of info given in the plot description really though.

Beo
10-31-2007, 10:15 AM
That just sounds gross.