PDA

View Full Version : H&k USP, Who likes 'em

glockcop
08-21-2009, 05:14 PM
I have a couple of these suckers and just love em to death. I wonder why ya don't here much about these works of combat perfection more often. I have posted my praise for the Sig and Glock more than a few times but the H&K USP is ever bit as wonderful a combat sidearm. They are literally one of the most tried and torture tested designs now in production. Just wonder why It's such a sleeper in the combat handgun community. A while back I know it was difficult to get them due to large overseas contracts. Maybe people just lost intrest due to lack of access. Maybe their high cost is a put off too. Sooooo......Who likes 'em.

Sourdough
08-21-2009, 05:25 PM
High Cost for me.....and all of my gun'freak friends.......

Ken
08-21-2009, 05:25 PM
I own a .40 S&W H&K USP. Love it.

Pal334
08-21-2009, 05:31 PM
"I wonder why ya don't here much about these works of combat perfection more often."

May be "a sleeper in the combat handgun community" because they don't agree? Just sayin..... :)

Beo
08-21-2009, 05:42 PM
I have an H&K Usp and its a great weapon. Shot great right out of the case, never had a mechanical problem, beat the crap out of it and it still hangs tuff, but yes the cost is high but you get what you pay for... perfection.
Beo,

Ken
08-21-2009, 05:44 PM
You had a great Birthday Party here, Beo. Sorry you missed it. :sneaky2:

glockcop
08-21-2009, 08:48 PM
I sure have not heard a darn thing bad about them anywhere. It must be the cost as I have speculated. If you ask anyone ''in the know'' about them, all you hear is praise but they are just not talked about too much. I can honestly say that I have never seen one choke. I have also never heard anyone say anything negative except for cost. Anyone who has used them like them in my experience. I know I sure do. Recoil is very low for the caliber, reliability is superb, and the accuracy is second to none. Like I said before it is definately in my top all time three but you just don't hear much.

Pal, have you ever shot one. I bet you would love it. It is a great LE weapon and I know you can appreciate those kinds of weapons with your background and all. It can go cocked and locked my friend. Is that cool or what?

rebel
08-21-2009, 09:23 PM
I have one. No problems. I've put around 10k rounds through it. The slide has taken a bite out of me a couple of times. The mag release is a little funky to get used to. I like it.

Pal334
08-21-2009, 09:23 PM
"Pal, have you ever shot one. I bet you would love it. It is a great LE weapon and I know you can appreciate those kinds of weapons with your background and all. It can go cocked and locked my friend. Is that cool or what?"

Can't say I have. I am just too much in love with the 1911 to even want to. I even begrudgingly used the Berreta when the miltary required it and I could not finagle my way around it. I guess this old brain and body have too much "muscle memory" on the 1911. No bells and whistles for me thank you. I do concede that it( H&K USP) has some admirable features (from what I have read), but none that I personally need.

tonester
08-21-2009, 09:26 PM
love em. hk and sig are my two favorite semi auto handguns

glockcop
08-21-2009, 11:02 PM
"Pal, have you ever shot one. I bet you would love it. It is a great LE weapon and I know you can appreciate those kinds of weapons with your background and all. It can go cocked and locked my friend. Is that cool or what?"

Can't say I have. I am just too much in love with the 1911 to even want to. I even begrudgingly used the Berreta when the miltary required it and I could not finagle my way around it. I guess this old brain and body have too much "muscle memory" on the 1911. No bells and whistles for me thank you. I do concede that it( H&K USP) has some admirable features (from what I have read), but none that I personally need.

Hey Pal, I know you love your 1911 and that is great but variety is the spice of life. We only get so many sunsets. Go rent or borrow one. I'm tellin ya your gonna love this thing. It has no bells and wistles either. It only has the amount of parts it needs to function. It is not over engineered like so many German exports. It is simple and pure rock and roll:punk:. The recoil is super low as I said before. Let me give you an example. My brother's USP 45 feels like a 40. My .40 USP's feel like a 9mm. I attribute that to the captive double recoil spring, grip angle (very 1911 ish), and polymer frame. Common, Ya owe it to yourself to just try one of these new fangled smokers. Ya just might find a new love:winkiss: Not that anything would replace old Bessie but a new girlfriend can't hurt:). She'll feel like your old girl with similarly placed operating controls but have that new gun smell.
Tonester, Rebel, Beo, and Ken , spread the word on these equilizers. More people need to experience these suckers. It is nice to know I'm not alone in love. My Sigs and Glocks probably won't speak to me for a week now. They don't like when a talk about their competition. Oh,..... I just realized I forgot to take my meds today.

kx250kev
08-22-2009, 12:11 AM
Like my USP .45 compact. Very low use, but never jammed or caused any drama.

Pal334
08-22-2009, 04:37 AM
Glock: I am a simple guy that sticks with what works for me. Sort of like my wife after 32 years, I finally got her trained (or is it the other way around :) ). The HKs of the world are like corvettes, I like the way they look, but have no interest in taking them for a ride. No need for variety in this arena, and as to "adding spice", I have had enough spice in my life to burn my ,aaah well never mind :). You are persuasive, but not working for me :)

sgtdraino
08-22-2009, 12:03 PM
High Cost for me.....and all of my gun'freak friends.......

This. By all accounts it is an excellent firearm, but is it really worth the price? In my experience a Glock is every bit as good, and a fair bit more reasonable.

glockcop
08-23-2009, 03:08 PM
This. By all accounts it is an excellent firearm, but is it really worth the price? In my experience a Glock is every bit as good, and a fair bit more reasonable.

I think the extra cost is justified. I agree it is every bit as good as a Glock but IMO the USP's are a little "nicer". Machined parts rather than stampings an such. I find the H&K USP to be minimally more accurate also, but not enough to quibble about. With less parts to go wrong I suppose the Glock get the edge in practicality. You can also fix anything that may go wrong with a Glock yourself at your kitchen table. There is a reason I guess that Glock,Sig, and H&K are my top three favorite makes. IMO they are all wonderful and you can't go wrong with any of them. Be safe out there and check your six often.

glockcop
08-23-2009, 03:15 PM
Glock: I am a simple guy that sticks with what works for me. Sort of like my wife after 32 years, I finally got her trained (or is it the other way around :) ). The HKs of the world are like corvettes, I like the way they look, but have no interest in taking them for a ride. No need for variety in this arena, and as to "adding spice", I have had enough spice in my life to burn my ,aaah well never mind :). You are persuasive, but not working for me :)

I hear ya Pal. Like you when someone has been around long enough to find what works for them in women and weapons, it's probably better to stick with it. No argument there brother. Be safe.

Rick
08-23-2009, 06:24 PM
What works for them in women?

(Slowly backing away from thread while looking in all directions.) This is gonna be ugly and I don't want to be collateral damage.

crashdive123
08-23-2009, 06:28 PM
Yep - got a hunch that we will soon see some real survival skills (or possibly the lack of) in action.:lol:

Rick
08-23-2009, 06:29 PM
I have some coffee brewing WAAAAAAY over there, Crash. Let's go get a cup and watch the fireworks.

crashdive123
08-23-2009, 06:31 PM
Deal......

Ken
08-23-2009, 06:32 PM
Can I post that I practice divorce law? Is that allowed? :innocent:

Rick
08-23-2009, 06:37 PM
Are you talking about a vocation or as a victim...I mean litigant?

Ken
08-23-2009, 06:40 PM
Victim - once. Vocation - about 2,000

crashdive123
08-23-2009, 06:41 PM
2,000 times. Gosh, that's a lot of practice. When do you think you'll have it mastered?:lol:

Rick
08-23-2009, 06:46 PM
Now that right there is funny I don't care who you are. God bless them little pygmies down there in New Guinea.

Ken
08-23-2009, 06:49 PM
Why do I stay here? I must be a masochist. :innocent:

crashdive123
08-23-2009, 07:09 PM
Why do I stay here? I must be a masochist. :innocent:

Every good team needs a .......... oh wait, you said masochist ..... nevermind.

glockcop
08-23-2009, 08:54 PM
Am I slow to the draw and missing something. What i meant to say was if you have a good woman and/or good gun why change anything. That's all. Can someone explain what I missed? Why all of the duckin' and runnin'?

aflineman
08-26-2009, 12:28 AM
I had a USP 40 that I installed a LEM trigger in (It was a V7 before, just a horrid trigger). After I installed the LEM, it was a great firearm. I traded it away during a weak moment, and really miss it. I will replace it with a .45 compact USP (LEM), one day.

finallyME
08-26-2009, 03:57 PM
The HK USP is actually my next planned handgun purchase. I want the .45 ACP compact. The cost is high, but you get what you pay for. My only problem is that for the misses to agree, I have to give her an equal amount of money for her to spend on whatever she wants. So, I can't buy one until I have twice the money. :ohmy:

Oasis de Tucanes
08-26-2009, 04:07 PM
Sorry. It aint on THE LIST....:m107:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Browning

glockcop
09-03-2009, 09:51 AM
Oasis, "THE LIST" is not the end all ,do all of firearms. There have been significant advances in firearm technology since the last entry on "THE LIST". I'm not taking ANYTHING from J.M. Browning, but get real. Just because he did not design every aspect of a particular weapon does not mean that the weapon is no good. Of course most of today's autos borrow a bit from his work but weapons and wine get better with time. In fact "his" best pistol design IMO is the Browning High Power and he did not live long enough to even finish it's design. That credit goes to the German's (FN). I have four designs for ya that he did not design and gets just as much if not more world wide pistol play as the 1911 or High Power. Here they are : Glock, Sig Sauer, Beretta, and H&K. Not much to argue there! Research the list of countries who's military and police presently use those designs. Then research the countries who's military and police presently use the 1911 or High Power. The second list will be much shorter!! Life is too short to be limited to an outdated list. Get out and live a little.

Pal334
09-03-2009, 10:42 AM
glock,, our perennial opposing views :) Just to tweak abit :) "Get out and live a little." I did with the 1911, that is why I am still here. Sorry, I could not contain myself. Its been too quiet lately :)

glockcop
09-03-2009, 10:46 AM
I hear ya Pal. Friendly rivalry is always welcome when I'm right:). Just joking Dude. By the way did you get a chance to research that list for Oasis? Chill out, just a little sarcasm again. Best.

P.S. I too got out and lived a little with my Glock and that is why I'm still here. Be safe brother.

Pal334
09-03-2009, 11:16 AM
I hear ya Pal. Friendly rivalry is always welcome when I'm right:). Just joking Dude. By the way did you get a chance to research that list for Oasis? Chill out, just a little sarcasm again. Best.

P.S. I too got out and lived a little with my Glock and that is why I'm still here. Be safe brother.

:thumbup1:You know, that list does make excellent reading while I am on the throne :) If we don't "joust" abit it would be boring. Take care:innocent:

glockcop
09-03-2009, 11:20 AM
:thumbup1:You know, that list does make excellent reading while I am on the throne :) If we don't "joust" abit it would be boring. Take care:innocent:

Finally, For once we are on the same page in agreement :clap:.