PDA

View Full Version : Attn. Wolf Pack!

Sarge47
10-26-2007, 09:44 PM
I've just placed Bill Hay on the "banned" list for blatant spam. I haven't heard from either him or Chris yet and started thinking about some things. First, when B.H. 1st appeared Wareagle thought he was the "famous Bill Hay". Turns out he wasn't. Then he started attacking VW and accusing him of being a "Spamming Troll." His post about "404ing the boards" got me worried and I almost agreed with him until I found out who he was, or rather, wasn't. Then he started spamming, using the excuse that he was "demonstrating" spam to show me what it was. Finally he started using my feelings against VW as a form of control. His post on what Trolls do: Divide, cause suspicion, infighting, etc. got me to thinking: wasn't this what he was doing. This caused me to wonder if he wasn't setting us up for some kind of "Troll raid" with VW being the "goat" to take the blame. Don't get me wrong, I don't care for a lot of what VW does, but that just wasn't right. VW, if you think this makes me a dictator then I guess I'm guilty. In my opinion, and I hope Chris would agree, you haven't done anything to cause you to get banned, and I wouldn't make that decision in your case anyway. If Chris wants to lift the ban on Bill Hay then OK. But I got suspicious, that's my nature and has nothing to do with VW. Now you can all jump on me for it if you like.

owl_girl
10-26-2007, 10:06 PM
That’s what I was thinking so your not alone. I almost posted my thoughts about it but then I decided to give more time. Would be an easy way to troll by placing suspicions on another member until there’s basically a mob around that member.

Sarge47
10-26-2007, 10:17 PM
That’s what I was thinking so your not alone. I almost posted my thoughts about it but then I decided to give more time. Would be an easy way to troll by placing suspicions on another member until there’s basically a mob around that member.

Right, become friends with one member to turn them on the other. I think the part that really got me to thinking was when He said he started out as a "Troll" himself but decided he liked me! (Okay VW, take your best shot on that one.) I guess I don't view myself as "irresistable". I consider myself a "realist" and I'm not even sure that I'm correct in that regards as we all seem to have a different take on Reality at times. However, being a "realist" I think I grate on peoples nerves from time to time so how did I win the heart and mind of a Troll bent on destroying the Wolf Pack. I'm trying to hold out the "Olive Branch" to VW. It's up to him to accept it or not but my thinking is if one "Covert Troll" can worm their way in then so can others. maybe we need to tighten up the pack and be on our toes. Ya think?

owl_girl
10-26-2007, 10:25 PM
Depends on what you mean by tighten up?

Sarge47
10-26-2007, 10:30 PM
Depends on what you mean by tighten up?

Forgive me, I'm very tired after a long week of driving. I mean "being on our guard". Is that oK, or am I wrong.

owl_girl
10-26-2007, 10:42 PM
So long as we don’t go over board. Being alert is fine but lets not let this incident cause us to become overly suspicious toward each other or others.

Sarge47
10-27-2007, 12:12 AM
So long as we don’t go over board. Being alert is fine but lets not let this incident cause us to become overly suspicious toward each other or others.

I was thinking more like pulling together as a team. I think Trax and Wareagle have hit the nail right on the head about some things here. We've let some influences divide us that we probably shouldn't have.

Sarge47
10-27-2007, 08:59 AM
Sarge,

I respect you for saying what you say here.
I did not want to get involved with that BH story, because in the end, i knew you would see it for what it was...even though it was a risk on my part to let you have the possibility of banning me, without explaining certain things.
But like i said, i do not justify my actions nor my contribution here.

You may not like me, but you are greatly mistaken about me not respecting you...
As i say in the thread "you are." in a psycho-babble kind of way.

Let's see where all of this takes us.

As I said else where, you may be a "pain in the tush", but you're OUR pain in the tush. Let me expose my personality a bit more to you so that you can understand me better here. If I didn't respect you I wouldn't talk to you at all. I would ignore you completely. My take on things is a product of my faith which I'm not allowed to discuss here. Let's just say that I view this life and all that it holds as very temporary and don't take it all that important. You say that you've faced death, then you should know exactly what I'm talking about. I firmly believe that the time of my death is "appointed" and there is nothing I can do to change that. However if I don't take care of myself in the interm could cause me a world of hurt, I could be crippled or some such or see the same thing happen to my family, or even others. Preventing that is my main focus. I used to sell insurance. I would go on the road, oft-times hundreds of miles from home, check into a motel and grab a phone book and cold call to set my appointments. Because of my understanding of certain areas of psychology I became a top agent. Others couldn't handle the pressure and either quit, or in the case of two of them, committed suicide by putting .44's in their mouths and blowing the back of their heads off. I had a 75% "closing" ratio in the home because of my learning how to control others. I see a lot of what you do and realize that it comes from who you are. We are worlds apart but that doesn't mean you're not important to me or this group. There's probably a lot more but maybe this will help you to understand me a lot better.

FVR
10-27-2007, 10:21 AM
Sarge,

As I said else where, you may be a "pain in the tush", but you're OUR pain in the tush.

I'm getting this warm and cozy feeling all over.

Tony uk
10-28-2007, 01:53 PM
When you showed you examples of him saying thats how people SPAM hes wrong, SPAM is any type of post or material a member shows on a board that is agenst the boards rules or completely incorrect posts to do with notthing really, What he posted is consisered SPAM on a board with rules agenst it, It would not be spam on a board which there is no rule agenst it or is part of a subject they are discussing at that time, It is up to either a Mod or a Admin to decide what is and is not SPAM not a member altho there choice could be the same as the admins or mod choice

MCBushbaby
10-28-2007, 05:34 PM
"
It's a hard knock life, for a mod
It's a hard knock life, for a mod
when new members join
they get kicked
when mods assert authority
they get *****ed
It's a hard knock life
"

:)
I think you're doing a good job. Keep up the good work.