PDA

View Full Version : Got a New Catalog today-Sportsman Guide

hunter63
08-17-2009, 04:24 PM
New catalog has some pretty good prices on canteens and such:

http://shop.sportsmansguide.com/search/search.asp?r=Page%3A%2Fdefault.asp+KW+Box&s=SEARCH&a=search&k=canteens

Rick
08-17-2009, 04:30 PM
This might be a good place to plug in a bit of a warning. When ever you order items like this, always make certain the item is functional before you have to rely on it. I recently purchased a couple of canteen cups from a well respected site. When I received them, they were smaller than GI issue cups and my canteens would not fit in them. The retailer had not tried to slip a canteen in them and just assumed they fit. They were a little surprised when I contacted them. To their credit, they've since pulled that product from their store.

Ken
08-17-2009, 05:11 PM
This might be a good place to plug in a bit of a warning. When ever you order items like this, always make certain the item is functional before you have to rely on it. I recently purchased a couple of canteen cups from a well respected site. When I received them, they were smaller than GI issue cups and my canteens would not fit in them. The retailer had not tried to slip a canteen in them and just assumed they fit. They were a little surprised when I contacted them. To their credit, they've since pulled that product from their store.

Well, for starters, did it come in this set?

http://www.synthstuff.com/mt/archives/captured-gi-joe-2.jpg

OhioHillbilly
08-17-2009, 07:52 PM
I like SG's stuff. We've bought several things from them. My son bought a Gerber machette and he really likes it. I've bought ammo from them a few times and with the exception of the 2,500 rounds of .22LR that I ordered in March, they are good about sending your stuff pretty quick.

lucznik
08-17-2009, 08:01 PM
I have had good experiences with Sportsman's Guide. You have to be careful to make sur you are buying quality stuff as some of their inventory is pure crap, but you can find some really good deals. For example:

1. My "Guide Gear" Bivy Tent weighs only 3#3oz. and has withstood numerous years of use with nary a problem yet. I believe I paid $40.00 for it.

2. My Leupold Golden Ring binocular was purchased through them and cost me only $500.00. That's a lot less than I was finding them anywhere else.

3. They were the only outfit for quite a long time that had the ammo I wanted for my .32 Win Spcl. in stock. AND they didn't charge me an arm and a leg for it.

4. The long, grey Swedish Army wool overcoat I bought from them about 10 years ago has kept me plenty warm on some very cold nights and has held up a lot better than most of my other coats.

5. I just purchased a pair of ultra-lightweight hunting boots from them. The jury's still out on these but, they will be put through the ringer come hunting season. I am pretty confident that, based on my past experience, these too will prove more than satisfactory.

sgtdraino
08-17-2009, 11:17 PM
I really like Sportsmans Guide. I have gotten bulk ammo from them numerous times, and am currently a member of their "Buyer's Club."

My latest favorite item from SG is a Guide Gear nylon "fishing shirt" that has (gasp) zip-off sleeves! I'd been looking for a nylon shirt with zip-off sleeves for years, and nobody ever seemed to make them. Only roll-up, which gets bunchy on the arms. Not only that, the shirts were quite reasonably priced!

Unfortunately, now they seem to be sold out:

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=533793

Hopefully they will restock them, as this was a really great item!

Icemancometh
08-30-2009, 08:56 AM
I too like SG. I only have 2 gripes with them:

1. I feel that they overgrade thier military surplus. (ie) Marpat ILBE pack. advertised very good condition, arrived with several broken buckles and large rip in side.

2. Seems like quite a bit of thier stuff is on backorder. At least now you can tell if a certain ammo is in stock or not before adding it to your cart. Now if they would just do it with everything else.

I must not be too unhappy been a club member for years.

NightShade
08-30-2009, 02:24 PM
Unfortunatley they won't ship most of their inventory to Mass...no ammo, knives , or any gun accesories..even like a rifle sling.... I realize we got some pretty crazy laws up here but there is perfectly legal things they refuse to ship here...:sneaky2: :eyore: