PDA

View Full Version : there are some things

trax
10-24-2007, 03:28 PM
People reference or allude to...involving wilderness and involving survival...I separate them on purpose. "Wilderness mysticism", "psychology of surviving", "the proper attitude of the hunter"

Volwest addresses these issues, albeit a bit clinically for my tastes, I am more subjective, but I do have the honor and opportunity of getting to do a lot of things hands-on that many of the wolf pack don't. Several others refer to some of these things as well, vis: Otay's (most recently, but there are others among us desire to live off the grid, strange experiences people have had out in nature.

Many, no...all, of these subjects tie together. I read as carefully as the time I have at this machine permits, but there are a lot of areas where I'm really not prepared to share what I've experienced and/or how I've learned some of the things I've learned.

corndog-44
10-24-2007, 07:05 PM
trax; I understand about areas that you are not ready to share. Got some myself. All these subjects you mentioned do tie together, the very act of living is survival, but a lot of us here are alive in the wilderness.

Taking your statement about psychology of survival further it teaches other lessons in survival as well, such as; Awareness, looking beyond the obvious and self-control. These two lessons should be learned before facing life-threating dangers and debates is one way to learn.

trax
10-25-2007, 10:02 AM
I agree with that.