PDA

View Full Version : Air rifle

atlatl55
08-12-2009, 11:33 PM
Bought a new air rifle last month I like alot. 22 cal. 800 ft per sec. single pump, rifeled barrel, nice scope. quiet food and critter getter.

Stargazer
08-14-2009, 01:37 PM
Looks like an RWS 34. Nice tool you have there.

atlatl55
08-14-2009, 11:13 PM
Looks like an RWS 34. Nice tool you have there.

Good eye there Mr Star. Its my first real air gun and its a pretty cool tool. Some air guns are pretty loud but I was amazed how quiet this one is. Its more accurate than I am a shooter. Herb

Stargazer
08-15-2009, 01:23 AM
Its easy to ID when you have one. I like mine beacuse its much quieter than my .177 at 1000 fps.I noticed you also added a slip on recoil pad.I did the same to mine.It felt a little short with out it.Being that the 34 is a springer I dont know if it really helps that much with felt recoil.I am still playing with mine setting the scope up.Its rough on a scope and so far I killed a couple of cheap scopes with it.I could be wrong but I think it has something to do with the foreward recoil from the spring that scopes are not built to take.

Have fun with it and be safe.

mccaw69
08-27-2009, 06:40 PM
I killed a couple of cheap scopes with it.I could be wrong but I think it has something to do with the foreward recoil from the spring that scopes are not built to take.

Yeah,the double recoil from a springer will destroy most scopes that aren't specificly designed for airguns.It's the forward slam of the piston,and the immediate recoil from firing that does them in.

crashdive123
08-27-2009, 06:49 PM
When I first looked at the thumbnails you posted before enlarging them it looked as though the little triangle were taping up holes. I thought - man you need to practice more. After clicking on the thumbnails I see that I was mistaken.

pgvoutdoors
08-27-2009, 07:38 PM
I own that RWS and it's performed well for me for quite a few years

You most definitely need to use a airgun scope designed for forward recoil. Same with crossbows.