PDA

View Full Version : Trigger pull

2dumb2kwit
08-07-2009, 06:32 PM
I just curious...how light of a trigger pull do you guys like on your "Hunting" rifle.

I started wondering if I was the only one that doesn;t like a really light pull, for a hunting rifle, the other week, when I shot a friends 7mm mag. That thing had to be around a 1 pound pull. I DID NOT LIKE IT! Then I shot another friends 22-250 and it was almost as light.(Although, his a pretty much just used as a target rifle.) It just got me wondering if most people like a light trigger.

OhioHillbilly
08-07-2009, 06:42 PM
I think it all depends on the person. My brother has a 270 and the trigger is very light. I can't get used to it. I have a 30.06 with a medium trigger and he hates it. I prefer a medium trigger for hunting.

SARKY
08-07-2009, 06:49 PM
My 10-22s are at about 3 lbs and as crisp as you can get. My Ruger M77 mkII which I installed a Timney trigger in is at 1.75 lbs and breaks like glass. I want to rebarrel this one to 6.5Grendel. My military rifles all have scratchy/scrapy 2 stage triggers that are just plain horrid.

Ole WV Coot
08-08-2009, 12:57 AM
With me it ain't the weight of pull as much as trigger creep and how it breaks. I can go 8 lbs with a good crisp break and no creep. My choice, 3 1/2 lb.

KenB
08-08-2009, 11:20 AM
With me it ain't the weight of pull as much as trigger creep and how it breaks. I can go 8 lbs with a good crisp break and no creep. My choice, 3 1/2 lb.

Agreed, as long as it is consistent it doesn't bother me that much. I have a very nice .40 that I just don't bother shooting because I don't like the trigger break. I could get it worked on, but I just don't care that much...and I love my .45