PDA

View Full Version : Hats...a personal trademark?

corndog-44
10-21-2007, 10:50 PM
Do you think hats are often personal trademarks of the people who wear them?

I always wear a warm wool sock hat when I go very far into the woods. Even in summer when I go on night walks. When I have to spend a night in the woods, a warm sock hat covering my head goes far toward staying comfortable warm, especially in winter. Come to think about it...could be my sock hat does represent me.

Sarge47
10-21-2007, 10:57 PM
Do you think hats are often personal trademarks of the people who wear them?

I always wear a warm wool sock hat when I go very far into the woods. Even in summer when I go on night walks. When I have to spend a night in the woods, a warm sock hat covering my head goes far toward staying comfortable warm, especially in winter. Come to think about it...could be my sock hat does represent me.

...Put a sock on it. ;>) I wear different hats for different things. I have two different ball caps that are part of my uniform, I have several "full-brim" hats for the out doors along with "boonie" hats and some garrison types. Also a red beret I like to wear on occaison.

wareagle69
10-22-2007, 08:54 AM
r u sure it's a red beret and not rasberry?

i wear my stetson mostly even out in the bush

MCBushbaby
10-22-2007, 10:22 AM
I wear your standard 360 brim bush hat... something between a fedora and a cowboy hat. Waterproof, shade from sun... a hat's a hat in the summer.
For winter I'm seen donning a big red wool lumberjack hat or a rabbit skin ushanka

Sarge47
10-22-2007, 11:50 AM
r u sure it's a red beret and not rasberry?

i wear my stetson mostly even out in the bush

My favorite is one similar to what Mitch described as a cross between a cowboy hat and a fedora.

HOP
10-23-2007, 03:57 PM
I think a hat is an important piece of equipment and it is ok to reflect you common scence and personality in your head gear , I started wearing a fedora after Indiana Jones did and after i burnt the top of my ears black on a canoe trip I personialize the hatband.

Crash
10-24-2007, 10:33 AM
I have a boony hat that I wear when hiking, a couple of different ballcaps when using the chainsaw and a straw fedora-style hat when mowing the lawn. :)