PDA

View Full Version : Rock Climbing

corndog-44
10-20-2007, 08:03 PM
How many here are hooked on rock climbing?

FVR
10-20-2007, 08:45 PM
How about use to rock climb?

Did my share during two mnt. warfare training outings and had alot of fun. Climbed a little after the getting out of the USMC, in Calif.

Last time I climbed it was one of the rock walls at a sports thing down at the Cobb Galaria. About, oh, before I got married. Took my then girlfriend, now wife and one of the climbers said something and I asked which was the hardest way up.

He showed the route, it must have been 100' up. It was not one of the kiddy climbs you see at fairs. Well, I was wearing sneakers, so I said hook me up. I did the climb pretty fast, except when it came to the overhang. You had to let your feet dangle and pull yourself up and over this shelf. Ahh, no problemmo.

When I came down he mentioned that I climbed pretty good for a big guy, I was weighing in at about 230 at that time. Getting over that overhang was a *****, but I was not going to fail.

That was a Sunday, Monday afternoon I was on my chiropractors table just getting adjusted all over.

Showing off sometimes hurts.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v171/FrankV/mountain.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v171/FrankV/77576.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v171/FrankV/77574.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v171/FrankV/77573.jpg

Few pics from long ago.

Recurve Bowyer
10-21-2007, 03:59 PM
I love climbing! Just last night, I was buildering on my school's campus.

Sarge47
10-21-2007, 05:06 PM
I don't Rock climb but I know two people who climb. One is my kid brother who's summited both Mt. Fuji & Mt. Kilimanjaro. The other is a guy named Ryan, a student at the university here who rides my bus from time to time. The thing that amazes me about Ryan is that he's 100% blind, yet he climbs. Gotta respect that. He's got a great attitude and sense of humor as well. There's a lot of things he does that others would never attempt.

Ssgt_DimeBag
03-26-2011, 05:58 PM
I try to hone my skill at least once a month.Love it.Very free feeling with great rewards.

oldsoldier
03-26-2011, 06:16 PM
Not much of a rock climber but I do a bit of rappeling on occasion.

canid
03-27-2011, 01:47 AM
I try to hone my skill at least once a month.Love it.Very free feeling with great rewards.

I love to climb too, but i try not to drag up 4 year old threads too often.

Melissa Montana
03-27-2011, 02:56 AM
OK does it really matter how old a tread is?Whats your point?That newbies can't find old treads to put there input into?
So what should we start another one if we have an interest in rock climbing?
I for one love rock climbing.

canid
03-27-2011, 03:04 AM
we generally do not go digging up 4 year old threads to make trivial additions and comments to. it is not a big problem, but it is not good etiquette on almost any bulletin board and i was not hostile in pointing it out.

if there is an older thread you, or another member wishes to make any significant contribution to that will almost certainly be a different matter. getting in a huff with the regular members here is not likely the way to enjoy this community. if you don't like that, tell me so; i'll not be offended, but ask yourself this: would you come into somebody's home or business and start criticizing they way they do things?

Melissa Montana
03-27-2011, 03:14 AM
Well its not your home.And yes i don't like you.To say that you were not trying to be hostile your self is just repugnant on your part.To me you were nit picking.So take that crap els where!

canid
03-27-2011, 03:19 AM
I don't think I will; I'm sorry if that's a problem for you. There is no requirement that we get along, and I'm making no more than suggestions. Take them or leave them.

crashdive123
03-27-2011, 06:10 AM
Let's all drop it please.

Ssgt_DimeBag
03-27-2011, 01:01 PM
Canid meet the wife.Wife meet Canid.lol

canid
03-27-2011, 02:28 PM
Indeed; Well met.

Justin Case
03-27-2011, 02:46 PM
:confused1::confused1::confused1::confused1:

2dumb2kwit
03-27-2011, 02:57 PM
LOL.....dang.....y'all play nice, or we will have to get Rick to show that picture that shall not be named! LOL

At least we aren't looking at a "new" thread about the best knife....or going to live in the wilderness with only a knife. LOL

Ssgt_DimeBag
03-27-2011, 03:39 PM
LOL.....dang.....y'all play nice, or we will have to get Rick to show that picture that shall not be named! LOL

At least we aren't looking at a "new" thread about the best knife....or going to live in the wilderness with only a knife. LOL

Right!
Sorry I did not mean to cause a stir just thought some of the older post interest me more then some of the new topics.I was a lurker at one time so I did look at a lot of the old post and remembered that I found a same interest in them is all.

Justin Case
03-27-2011, 03:44 PM
SOOO,,, What IS the best survival knife to carry while rock climbing anyway ? :2: :devil:

Ssgt_DimeBag
03-27-2011, 03:50 PM
The one that holds an edge and fits into your pocket.:whistling:

canid
03-27-2011, 10:11 PM
why these (http://www.blackdiamondequipment.com/en-us/shop/climb/big-wall/knifeblade-pitons/) of course.

r0ckhamm3r
03-28-2011, 02:48 AM
I love climbing, unfortunately I don't get to do it as often any more. I use to clime about four or five times a month. Now I only get to go every couple of months. I am afraid I am losing my edge and may have to give it up soon.