PDA

View Full Version : My day at the range

SARKY
08-01-2009, 09:32 PM
Here are some photos of our day at the range.
The target photo is at 50 yards using my 10-22 all the shots were called including the flyer that just missed it's belly. The next photo is of my 10-22s the lower one in the black Hogue over mold stock is .22 where as the upper one in the green overmold sock is chambered in .17M2. The third photo is the wifey busting some caps at the range, she shooting my Ruger MKIII Hunter.

Ken
08-02-2009, 10:50 AM
Darn good thing that there's no big furry tail there or I'd be thinking that you were shooting at SQUIRREL targets. :sneaky2: Besides, it's labeled as a "Vermin" target, and squirrels certainly ain't vermin.

Nice shooting, BTW!

crashdive123
08-02-2009, 11:40 AM
ver·min (vûrmn)
n. pl. vermin
1. Various small animals or insects, such as squirrels or cockroaches, that are destructive, annoying, or injurious to health.
2. Animals that prey on game, such as foxes or weasels.
a. A person considered loathsome or highly offensive, such as attorneys.
b. Such people considered as a group, such as law firm.

Ken
08-02-2009, 11:45 AM
ver·min (vûrmn)
n. pl. vermin
1. Various small animals or insects, such as squirrels or cockroaches, that are destructive, annoying, or injurious to health.

:sneaky2: Attention members: This is what we call misinformation. There is not a shred of truth to this "definition." I challenge the poster (Who IS this guy? Probably just some spammer.....) to cite a real dictionary as his source.

Ken
08-02-2009, 11:57 AM
Crash, I tried to call you to discuss this, but your phone is busy.

(CRASH'S LIVING ROOM)

http://adoholik.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/boecker_pest_control_telephone.jpg

crashdive123
08-02-2009, 12:00 PM
I was out looking for my dad blasted cheese.

2dumb2kwit
08-02-2009, 12:01 PM
:sneaky2: Attention members: This is what we call misinformation. There is not a shred of truth to this "definition." I challenge the poster (Who IS this guy? Probably just some spammer.....) to cite a real dictionary as his source.

I found it.

ver·min (vûrmn)
n. pl. vermin
1. Various small animals or insects, such as rats or cockroaches, that are destructive, annoying, or injurious to health.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Middle English, from Old French, from Vulgar Latin *vermnum, from Latin vermis, worm; see wer-2 in Indo-European roots.]

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2009. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

Ken
08-02-2009, 12:04 PM
I think you made that up. :sneaky2: There's no place in the Forums for that kind of thing.

2dumb2kwit
08-02-2009, 12:13 PM
I think you made that up. :sneaky2: There's no place in the Forums for that kind of thing.

Check it out for yourself. LOL:innocent:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/vermin

Ken
08-02-2009, 12:18 PM
Check it out for yourself. LOL:innocent:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/vermin

I just did. Here's what I found:

ver·min (vûrhttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/prime.gifmhttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/ibreve.gifn) n. pl. vermin 1. Various small animals or insects, such as rats or cockroaches, that are destructive, annoying, or injurious to health.
3. a. A person considered loathsome or highly offensive.
b. Such people considered as a group.

[Middle English, from Old French, from Vulgar Latin *vermhttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/imacr.gifnum, from Latin vermis, worm; see wer-2 in Indo-European roots.]

I see no reference to squirrels, attorneys, or law firms there.

Stooping to forgery of documents is reprehensible. Both you and Crash should be ashamed.........:sneaky2:

2dumb2kwit
08-02-2009, 12:20 PM
Sorry about this SARKY.
Ken seems to have a way, with derailing threads.:sneaky2:

2dumb2kwit
08-02-2009, 12:24 PM
I just did. Here's what I found:

Huh....they must have edited it.:innocent:

They probably had a bunch of lawyers threatening lawsuits.:smash:

Ken
08-02-2009, 12:27 PM
Sorry about this SARKY.
Ken seems to have a way, with derailing threads.:sneaky2:

Trying to suck up to Sarky now, huh? Too late. He's gone hunting.

Wanna' know what he's hunting for? Here's a hint:

Thanks for the pics. That looks like a great place!

BTW, were you able to save the pretty girl, from that ugly dude?:innocent:

2dumb2kwit
08-02-2009, 12:28 PM
BTW, on the website, in crashs post, and in my post, all the numbers were normal, but in your post the quoted part has the numbers printed boldly.

Looks to me like you may have altered the quote.:smash:

Ken
08-02-2009, 12:30 PM
BTW, on the website, in crashs post, and in my post, all the numbers were normal, but in your post the quoted part has the numbers printed boldly.

Looks to me like you may have altered the quote.:smash:

Nope. I cut and pasted FROM THE ORIGINAL DOCUMENT EXACTLY THE WAY IT APPEARED. :sneaky2:

2dumb2kwit
08-02-2009, 12:36 PM
I'm no big shot lawyer, but I "cut and pasted" this.:smash:

Perjury
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Perjury, also known as forswearing, is the willful act of swearing a false oath or affirmation to tell the truth, whether spoken or in writing, concerning matters material to a judicial proceeding.[1] That is, the matter lied about would affect the outcome of the case.

Ken
08-02-2009, 12:42 PM
I'm no big shot lawyer, but I "cut and pasted" this.:smash:

So if you know it's wrong, why did you do it? :sneaky2:

2dumb2kwit
08-02-2009, 12:52 PM
So if you know it's wrong, why did you do it? :sneaky2:

I was referring to you!

Your Honor, ladies and gentlemen of the jury;

If you'll refer back to the original website, you will see that the Numbers 1,2,etc. are under the word "vermin", yet in the defendants "so called" quote, the number 1 is beside the word "vermin". Obviously he has tampered with the quote.

I rest my case.:innocent: