PDA

View Full Version : Sccy handguns

flop-n-jerk
07-31-2009, 11:44 PM
Does anyone have experience with these firearms or experience with this company? The closest dealer to me is over six hours away, so that would be a little far to drive just to look at one. I have seen reviews and most have been good, but how many of those reviews could have been written by an employee of that company trying to sell more?

This wouldnt be my "main" firearm, I just wanted a compact firearm. I really like the P232, weight, size, feel, sights, looks, all that, but I would rather have something in a 9mm so I can share ammo with other carbines/pistols. Anything that I might have overlooked that comes close?

Pal334
08-01-2009, 05:03 AM
here is the link http://www.sccyindustries.com/2009/

I have had no experience with that company. Am a .45 kinda guy so can't help much on the 9mm question

sgtdraino
08-01-2009, 03:18 PM
Never even heard of 'em.

Not a bad looking gun, though.

SARKY
08-01-2009, 05:05 PM
Never heard of them but from the photos, it looks very much like the Kel-Tech compact 9mm

sgtdraino
08-01-2009, 10:04 PM
Never heard of them but from the photos, it looks very much like the Kel-Tech compact 9mm

That is exactly what I was thinking, actually. Maybe a tad thicker?

OICU812
08-02-2009, 04:58 AM
Check out the Walther P99QA or P99AS PPS models in 9mm, the first is the quick action trigger & the second is the DA/SA with the anti-stress mode, these are thin and weight is 19-24 oz. and can be had at about $600 or you might like the Steyr M-A1 in 9mm DAO 27 oz. and a rail for the same money.
as for the SCCY they are up-start and hard to find at the present press time and are similar to all past and present borrowed designs from Talons to Cobras but none with Kel-Tec quality or reliability, the only downer to the George Kelgren 9's are the trigger pull in my opinion.

Kankujoe
08-02-2009, 07:06 AM
I have the CPX-1 9mm made by them when their name was Skyy (they had to change their name to Sccy because someone else owned the Skyy name)... It is a good little shooter, well made, reliable & accurate for what it is, a CCW piece, definately not a target pistol. It is the same size and weight as the Kel-Tec P-11 but it is more polished than the Kel-Tec (I have them also). It is a good concealment pistol. I paid about $250 for my CPX-1 2-3 years ago.

The CPX-1 is somewhat smaller than the Walther P99QA (I have one of them in a 40SW) & these go for about $600. Walther is a better made pistol, full size and quite accurate for both target and as a service pistol. Walthers are my favorite pistols but that is my biased opinion since I collect them, especially the German made varieties...