PDA

View Full Version : Glock 34 Surprize!!

glockcop
07-29-2009, 02:52 PM
When I got a Glock 34 (5.32" barrel, 9mm para) a while back I did some informal plinking at old beer cans and such. Well today I put it to paper and was surprized with the accuracy. I was expecting 3-4" groups at 25 yards but was super surprized to get 1.5"-2.5" rested groups nearly every time. At 50 yards it kept all shots "In The Black" of official bullseye targets. This of course does not include the occasional called flier. This level of accuracy I am sure is partly due to the 3.5 lb. Law enforcement Trigger and partly due to the Ameriglo Fixed Target sights I installed on it. The front blade on these sights are much narrower than the stock sights which look like a brick on the end of your slide. I was useing regular old federal red box 115 gr. FMJ loads. Now this is some pretty good ammo considering the price. It was free from the department :) . I knew My beloved Sigs would do this regularly , but a Glock! These things are meant more for combat reliability and ruggedness than accuracy. Could have fooled me. Oh, I almost forgot. It shot very nearly as well with Win 127 gr +p+. Now this stuff is really potent for a 9 and reliability was typical Glock....PERFECT. This one will likely see some hip time at work as soon as I shoot the department qualification course with it. I can't qualify myself. Another instructor will have to witness and sign off on it. Sorry for the long post but I'm just jazzed up about this pistol's performance. Just thought I'd share my pleasant experience at the range today.

Sourdough
07-29-2009, 03:20 PM
Your a S.O.Pup, low rent, #@&*%$!.......I have been shopping for a Glock 35 for a Month. ^%*@$+$^*@ GRrrrrrrrrr, Damn Cops........:):):):sneaky2::):):) I have three tables at the Alaska Gun Collectors Assoc. Show this weekend. If I can't snag a 35 or a 34, I'll do the 20 one more time..........COPS,GRrrrrrr:):):)

glockcop
07-29-2009, 03:58 PM
Hope, Brother this aint my fault. I got this weapon before all of the panic buying. It was bought a long while ago. Sorry you can't find what your looking for. There are some things that even L.E. have a hard time getting ahold of. Trying to buy an HK MP5 or Bushmaster right now is next to impossible. Everything is on backorder. It is a sign of our SH*TTY political environment. The 2nd ammendment is in clear and present danger. Good luck.

Rick
07-29-2009, 04:01 PM
Just out of curiosity, Glock, when has our political environment been good? I can't name a president in my life time that anyone liked. Everyone has complained about every president that I can remember.

glockcop
07-29-2009, 04:08 PM
Just out of curiosity, Glock, when has our political environment been good? I can't name a president in my life time that anyone liked. Everyone has complained about every president that I can remember.

I see what your saying for sure but you know it is worse than bad when we have the amount of panic buying we are dealing with right now. We had a couple of scares in the past (aka before Junior) but sh*t, this is rediculous. I did like that actor guy (THE GIPPER) though. I'm trying not to use names here. I believe it is against the rules but the fact is some Presidents don't like the 2nd ammendment. Those guys are definately not on my christmas card list.

Ken
07-29-2009, 04:08 PM

??????????????????????????????????????????????????

http://www.forge22.com/wallpaper/widescreen/Ronald%20Reagan%201680x1050.jpg

Rick
07-29-2009, 04:18 PM
I was just being tongue-in-cheek. I think it's all a conspiracy by the giant ammunition and arms cartels just to increase sales. We're serious, too.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_xRFNBWST25E/R6DlQ1ePbzI/AAAAAAAAAjY/ndRRj2kh2w4/s400/tinfoilhat2cy2.jpg%3C/a%3Ehttp://1.bp.blogspot.com/_xRFNBWST25E/R6DlQ1ePbzI/AAAAAAAAAjY/ndRRj2kh2w4/s400/tinfoilhat2cy2.jpg (http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_xRFNBWST25E/R6DlQ1ePbzI/AAAAAAAAAjY/ndRRj2kh2w4/s400/tinfoilhat2cy2.jpg)

By the way, we both have a tin foil thong. Us guys have to take precautions.

(http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_xRFNBWST25E/R6DlQ1ePbzI/AAAAAAAAAjY/ndRRj2kh2w4/s400/tinfoilhat2cy2.jpg)

2dumb2kwit
07-29-2009, 04:24 PM
By the way, we both have a tin foil thong. Us guys have to take precautions.

(http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_xRFNBWST25E/R6DlQ1ePbzI/AAAAAAAAAjY/ndRRj2kh2w4/s400/tinfoilhat2cy2.jpg)

If your tinfoil thong doesn't work, Ken has a lab, where he produces...

glockcop
07-29-2009, 04:24 PM

That's the guy. Thanks Ken. This guy had a really good public rating. Probably the best since the last assassinated President (who I am not a big fan of by the way). I'm still trying not to use names here.

Ole WV Coot
07-29-2009, 08:55 PM
Hope, Brother this aint my fault. I got this weapon before all of the panic buying. It was bought a long while ago. Sorry you can't find what your looking for. There are some things that even L.E. have a hard time getting ahold of. Trying to buy an HK MP5 or Bushmaster right now is next to impossible. Everything is on backorder. It is a sign of our SH*TTY political environment. The 2nd ammendment is in clear and present danger. Good luck.

You got that right. They can be bought if you want to pay triple. One store also has plenty of ammo on the floor but financing one box is a little much. I
heard a rumor that WVSP were going to the 45 and dropping the 40. Have to
check on that. Get anything firearm wise just have to pay the price.

OICU812
07-29-2009, 10:10 PM
Try and get those groups out of a "G-27" 'cause I can't seem to do it but the G-19 is the accuracy king of the Georg'in bangers strait out the box.

chiye tanka
07-29-2009, 11:02 PM
I've got the 35 with TFO sights on it. It's freaking great and it's what our SWAT team carries.

Sourdough
07-29-2009, 11:13 PM
I've got the 35 with TFO sights on it. It's freaking great and it's what our SWAT team carries.

I "HAD" a friend named chiye tanka..................GRrrrrrr
GRrrrrrrrrr %#@$*&^+^$@&^$(?<$@*&^_???????????????? DAMN COPS, GRrrrrrrrr:smash::smash::smash:

Sourdough
07-29-2009, 11:16 PM
GRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrr:)

chiye tanka
07-30-2009, 12:51 AM
Hope. I thought we were better then that.
You'd really dislike me if I told you what I paid for it.:innocent:

Sourdough
07-30-2009, 01:45 AM
GRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrr.......you ex-friend.......Grrrrrrrr.

crashdive123
07-30-2009, 05:06 AM
My favorite gun shop has seventeen of them on the shelf.
Just kidding.

glockcop
07-30-2009, 09:39 AM
Try and get those groups out of a "G-27" 'cause I can't seem to do it but the G-19 is the accuracy king of the Georg'in bangers strait out the box.

The most accurate Glock Ive shot has been my G34. I definately agree that the g19 is very accurate for a compact gun. I've owned several in the past and they have all been better than expected. The g19 I now own was retained because it was a little more accurate than the others. Not much , but a little. They are great. I've never gotten really great groups with a G27 either. Acceptable but not great. Now as sub compacts go, the G30 wins. They are called sub compact but there still bigger than a G26/27. I used to have one and my brother still does. The G30 is an absolute tack driver considering it's relatively short barrel. Give one of those a try. I still miss mine. drool...drool...wipe mouth on sleave.

Rick
07-30-2009, 11:24 AM
Ah, oh. Now you done it. The only tool that drives tacks is a tack hammer. Hope is going to be really upset when he reads that. You might as well apologize right now.

glockcop
07-30-2009, 03:55 PM
OOPS , SORRY! :innocent:

Sourdough
07-30-2009, 04:22 PM
I ain't mess-in with a Glockcop, or any cops.......Rick is referring to a regular rant of mine. It is right behind people calling a Magazine a Clip......Grrrrr

OICU812
07-30-2009, 09:35 PM
Roger-Roger I got a big 10-04 on that Glizok Cop, keep that action strok'in & the barrel smok'in! Over 'n Out!

Sourdough
08-03-2009, 03:45 PM
Snagged a GLOCK 35 and a 20SF this weekend.......Tell me more about the TFO sights, Please.

glockcop
08-03-2009, 04:38 PM
Congrats Hope. Enjoy!

chiye tanka
08-03-2009, 04:47 PM
Hope, they're the BEST sights I've ever used. Super bright, easy sight picture, and if it helps, it's what our SWAT team has on their 35's.
They run around 125.00 retail, but I think you can get them from Brownells for around 90.00.

Sourdough
08-03-2009, 04:54 PM
Thanks, I think I'll put them on the Glock 20 first.

Rick
08-03-2009, 06:13 PM
So you've been in the big city ALL week-end?! Holy Cow!! I'll bet your nerves are shot.

Sourdough
08-03-2009, 06:34 PM
Gun show this past weekend, I was WORKING.........

crashdive123
08-03-2009, 06:51 PM
Are you collecting some of that worthless money?

TangoFoxtrot
09-13-2009, 05:46 AM
When I got a Glock 34 (5.32" barrel, 9mm para) a while back I did some informal plinking at old beer cans and such. Well today I put it to paper and was surprized with the accuracy. I was expecting 3-4" groups at 25 yards but was super surprized to get 1.5"-2.5" rested groups nearly every time. At 50 yards it kept all shots "In The Black" of official bullseye targets. This of course does not include the occasional called flier. This level of accuracy I am sure is partly due to the 3.5 lb. Law enforcement Trigger and partly due to the Ameriglo Fixed Target sights I installed on it. The front blade on these sights are much narrower than the stock sights which look like a brick on the end of your slide. I was useing regular old federal red box 115 gr. FMJ loads. Now this is some pretty good ammo considering the price. It was free from the department :) . I knew My beloved Sigs would do this regularly , but a Glock! These things are meant more for combat reliability and ruggedness than accuracy. Could have fooled me. Oh, I almost forgot. It shot very nearly as well with Win 127 gr +p+. Now this stuff is really potent for a 9 and reliability was typical Glock....PERFECT. This one will likely see some hip time at work as soon as I shoot the department qualification course with it. I can't qualify myself. Another instructor will have to witness and sign off on it. Sorry for the long post but I'm just jazzed up about this pistol's performance. Just thought I'd share my pleasant experience at the range today.

Last year I was faced with either buying a G17 or G34 for IDPA competition. I went with the G17. There was an average of $120 more for the G34, I couldn't justify it. so I took the extra bucks and bought 5 extra mags for my G17. The G34 is on my wish list though:)

glockcop
09-13-2009, 02:14 PM
Last year I was faced with either buying a G17 or G34 for IDPA competition. I went with the G17. There was an average of $120 more for the G34, I couldn't justify it. so I took the extra bucks and bought 5 extra mags for my G17. The G34 is on my wish list though:)

I got the L.E. price from a Glock Rep that came to my department :punk:. Don't ask the price. You will hate me if I answered that question :). I probably should have bought two. It is still not too late though. On second thought I'll order a Glock 35 to try out. I'll put that on my "To Do" list ASAP. Stay safe.

kx250kev
09-13-2009, 04:44 PM

In office when I was 11 until I was 18 years old. You just don't know what you got until its gone. Thank you RWR:bawling:

Sam
09-13-2009, 10:47 PM

God Bless Mr. Regan, may he rest in the right hand of GOD.
-Sam

glockcop
09-13-2009, 10:53 PM
Kx250, you are wise beyond your years and obviously a great American. Others may disagree but IMO true Americans were blessed by his unquestioned patriotism, steadfast nerve, and unwavering resolve. This man had a set of 18 lb brass b@lls. God rest a great man. Take care brother.