PDA

View Full Version : feeling stupid in the woods

corndog-44
10-18-2007, 01:35 AM
It was a great night to take a walk in the woods tonight, smelling the woods and listening to the night sounds, but along the trail I heard a sound that I wasn't particular glad to hear...a growl coming from the edge of the trail in the brush. Shining my headlight in the direction of the growl hoping to see its bright eyes...there was no eyes to be seen. Well, I figured it ran off and taking a few more steps, I heard the growl once again...but closer. Still I couldn't see any bright eyes. Whatever this critter was, he sure is a sly one, keeping his head turned away from me so I couldn't see the reflection of its eyes. For the life of me I couldn't place that growl, I knew I heard it before! I continued on up the trail and for the third time I heard the growl...but a whole lot closer this time, well I don't mind telling ya that the hair on the back my neck stood straight up...when I suddenly realized that the growling I was a hearing...was my stomach :o. Coming back from the trail I was wondering how many others ever felt stupid in the woods?

MCBushbaby
10-18-2007, 11:38 AM
That is going to be one of my new campfire stories, it was hilarious! "spooky spooky spooky, horror story ending imminent..., 'my stomach!'" classic

corndog-44
10-19-2007, 01:24 AM
That is going to be one of my new campfire stories, it was hilarious! "spooky spooky spooky, horror story ending imminent..., 'my stomach!'" classic

Thanks for the good review. I gotta admit that I was listening to hear someone behind some tree laughing.

RobertRogers
10-19-2007, 05:26 AM
Ha. And I thought fear was all in the mind.

corndog-44
10-19-2007, 06:30 AM
Ha. And I thought fear was all in the mind.

Ain't this group site something...learn something new everyday :).

HOP
10-21-2007, 06:23 AM
I am hard of hearing or I am sure I would have set some land navigation speed records in the woods between he stomach umbles and the flatulents.