PDA

View Full Version : hey heres a thought.....

Go_army2
10-17-2007, 10:02 PM
If you had a 2 oz tobacco tin for a survival kit, what would you put in it? I got this off of the SAS Survival Handbook.:D

FVR
10-17-2007, 10:29 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v171/FrankV/flintsteel.jpg

Merlin
10-17-2007, 10:47 PM
I see the tin but I do not recognize the c shaped item looks familiar but just cumming up dumb

Merlin
10-17-2007, 10:52 PM
If you had a 2 oz tobacco tin for a survival kit, what would you put in it? I got this off of the SAS Survival Handbook.:D

Well what are the circumstance's duty time , in or out of country survival kit, or as a mini bug out kit ?????

FVR
10-17-2007, 11:01 PM
Flint and steel. The tin has a tiny pin prick in the top to make char cloth. Inside the tin is char cloth, over that is a piece of buckskin, on top of the buckskin is a smaller version of the "C" aka steel, and a few pieces of good flint.

To make char cloth, take out contents, put in little 1" x 1" pieces of t shirt, put in the fire coals, smoke will come out of the little hole, when the smoke stops, pull the can out, leaving lid shut until it cools. You know have char cloth.

By the way, you already started the fire with the flint / steel and char.

warrigal
10-18-2007, 12:06 AM
This is a BCB PSK ( from Britain)
So top right hand side working down.
Lid for the tin
Accident report form ( to leave with unconcious cas, or to send with non- english speaker etc.)
Buck ultra light folder
Frensel lens,
princeton tech led torch
under the led is a diamond sharpening pad.
Next column
survival instructions, band aid,
Book matches,
minizip lock bag with saftey pins,
Next,
the tin itself with water puri tabs ( Katadyn)
wooden pencil (Write instructions and tinder)
pencil sharpener (tinder),
Silva SERE luminous compass
Comando wire saw ( braided Nato type) brass wire,
sewing kit,
two short hanks nylon cord. 5ft each.
flint and broken hack saw blade.
sig mirror,
fishng kit
tampon and lipbalm
Buck 110 for size comparison
Auscam Molle pouch holds tin 110 ( if need be) disposable poncho and zip lock bags ( to transport water close it up and put it on your pocket. and more cord.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y233/warrigal/bcbpsk003.jpg
Carl

smokelessfire
10-18-2007, 02:11 PM
a really big swiss army knife lol

MCBushbaby
10-18-2007, 06:11 PM
2 safety pins
15-25' fishing line
cork 'coin' with 4 Eagle Claw hooks
emergency fire starting materials in small ziplock (wound cotton, water-proof matches)
iodine tablets
aspirin
moleskin
razor blade
honing stone (pencil-shape)
spare boot lace
12' string
spare flint striker
snare wires
and if I can fit it... a multitool with at least the following: pliers, wire cutter, screwdriver (probably just flat head)

Go_army2
10-18-2007, 07:28 PM
i cant remeber all of the stuff that was in the book but i do remeber one thing witch is a comdom, you can use that for a water bag i guess thats what it said in that book anything works i guess.

MCBushbaby
10-18-2007, 10:35 PM
i cant remeber all of the stuff that was in the book but i do remeber one thing witch is a comdom, you can use that for a water bag i guess thats what it said in that book anything works i guess.

Make sure it's non-lubed, hehe.

warrigal
10-18-2007, 11:16 PM
On the condom thing. They do need to be supported ( the usual suggestion is in your sock)
The will shrink and spill water if you don't tie them up.
They are fragile.

So you give up a sock, If you have room to carry spare socks carry a empty bladder.
they can be very hard to untie,
it might burst and spill the water you have managed to get.
I have a mental problem putting them to my mouth.
They do pack down very small.
All in all I prefer ziplock bags.
Carl

Go_army2
10-20-2007, 06:16 AM
yea ziploick baggs would be more effecient then a comdom i would have mental problem of putting it in my mouth.

Sam
01-28-2008, 02:22 AM
Oven bags for cooking turkeys work well and fold up real small.