PDA

View Full Version : Im New!

king snake
10-16-2007, 06:00 PM
HI! Im new to this ,but I REALLY want to learn more about the skills I need to keep my family safe in a long term wilderness survival situation. Any help you guys can offer , like web sites that offer pallets of mre's surplus military tents , hide tanning , meat drying EVERYTHING I need to know to make it living in the woods would be greatly appriciated. I am in fear of another civil war in this country and I want to be ready . WE live in the southern part of Virginia and we have 35 acres here .If any of you can give info on long term shelter or cold weather survival please feel free to contact me . THANk's

king snake

Sarge47
10-16-2007, 11:02 PM
Welcome King Snake. We've listed a bunch of web-sites through out this site that will give you what you're looking for. A good place to start is one I started called "rewarding the Wolf-Pack". You're just gonna have to do your homework!

WildGoth
10-17-2007, 12:24 AM
hello welcome to the fourms sarge is right you have found the winning lotto ticket with this site many good threads about that stuff

RobertRogers
10-21-2007, 06:28 AM
Welcome :-) Just dig in, read alot, and practice!

prizm63
10-21-2007, 07:05 AM
im a ER nurse and a christian survivalist.
i belive in being prepared, using both digital and real books.
i belive in trying out a new skill , i get my whole family into trying out at least one skill a year.

Sarge47
10-21-2007, 10:19 AM
im a ER nurse and a christian survivalist.
i belive in being prepared, using both digital and real books.
i belive in trying out a new skill , i get my whole family into trying out at least one skill a year.

Welcome to the Wolf-Pack.

king snake
10-26-2007, 06:28 PM
Thanks for all the support. since I have done some research, I have gained alot of new ideas. If any of you live in Virginia please feel fre to drop me a line

king snake

Tony uk
10-28-2007, 01:54 PM
Welocome here friend :D

Beo
10-30-2007, 12:45 PM
Welcome to the forums, this place can gain you alot of knowledge, use it and try it out. Bro, you have 35 acres in Virginia! Does it have wood plots on it? Water source? Then you have 35 acres of land you can practice skills on, trust me on that 35 acres there is enough tracking to teach you the habbits of animals. Make a primitive camp somewhere on your land (furthest from the house) and try everything you ever thought of. Try some of the survival books available those are a good start.
Get your basics down and then the world is open even more to you.
Beo.