PDA

View Full Version : G'day.

warrigal
10-15-2007, 06:29 PM
G'day folks.
My name is Carl. I triped over this forum the other night.
I was a regular member/contributor at Swampratknives survival fourum for a few years now. I contribute mainly now to an Australian based knife foum.
I was brought up on a Sheep/wheat farm in centeral New South Wales. Then moved to Townsville in our tropical North. Plenty of "J" up there. We ( the missus and our two year old boy) now live outside Brisbane.
My obsession with knives from my late Grandmother who gave me my first slipjoint folder when I was seven.
Got my interest in survival from my Scout leader when I was ten.
Most recently I ran a survival course for a group of army Cadets ( boys and girls between 15 and 18) it consited of 9 one hour sessions and a practical weekend.
I used to hunt a lot (Started on the farm) Then mainly (feral) pigs up North.
Not so much now.
Most my working career has been in the Security industry.I'm a home Dad now but I do work in a local camping shop as their resident "knife guy"
I'm not into the primitive stuff or the EOTWAWKI but more into "I'm in trouble now" survival.
Carl

Sarge47
10-15-2007, 07:15 PM
G'day folks.
My name is Carl. I triped over this forum the other night.
I was a regular member/contributor at Swampratknives survival fourum for a few years now. I contribute mainly now to an Australian based knife foum.
I was brought up on a Sheep/wheat farm in centeral New South Wales. Then moved to Townsville in our tropical North. Plenty of "J" up there. We ( the missus and our two year old boy) now live outside Brisbane.
My obsession with knives from my late Grandmother who gave me my first slipjoint folder when I was seven.
Got my interest in survival from my Scout leader when I was ten.
Most recently I ran a survival course for a group of army Cadets ( boys and girls between 15 and 18) it consited of 9 one hour sessions and a practical weekend.
I used to hunt a lot (Started on the farm) Then mainly (feral) pigs up North.
Not so much now.
Most my working career has been in the Security industry.I'm a home Dad now but I do work in a local camping shop as their resident "knife guy"
I'm not into the primitive stuff or the EOTWAWKI but more into "I'm in trouble now" survival.
Carl

Welcome to the Wolf-Pack Carl. You should feel right at home with SOE Digital, he's from your country as well. I'm with you on the "I'm in trouble now" thing!

eddiec
10-20-2007, 12:03 PM
Welcome Carl. Kick your shoes off and stay awhile!