PDA

View Full Version : glad I found this site

cabingirl
10-14-2007, 05:40 PM
I, I am cabin girl. I am new here and sure hope I am welcome. I have always dreamed of living remote in the mountains or wilderness. I am still not there but would love to chat with others who are.I would love to know how to survive living so remote, and with out money. Any thing you can tell me, I would love to hear.
I am a married lady with one grown son. I Live in Mississippi. My husband does not share my dream. You know what that means! I will probably never get my dream.:)

Sarge47
10-14-2007, 06:56 PM
I, I am cabin girl. I am new here and sure hope I am welcome. I have always dreamed of living remote in the mountains or wilderness. I am still not there but would love to chat with others who are.I would love to know how to survive living so remote, and with out money. Any thing you can tell me, I would love to hear.
I am a married lady with one grown son. I Live in Mississippi. My husband does not share my dream. You know what that means! I will probably never get my dream.:)

Welcome to the Wolf Pack, cabin girl. The one thing I'd say to you about who you're married to is this. Always be prepared no matter what you think you know. Life has a crazy way of throwing curve balls at us.:cool:

LadyTrapper
10-15-2007, 04:40 PM
Welcome cabingirl...never say never. Our Mother Nature has a way of drawing people to Her ;)

woodwose
01-01-2008, 04:22 PM
:D Welcome... Being from Mississippi.. you're right in the heart of survival country.. and that is considering all aspects of survival, not just outdoor or wilderness survival. The two of you have just come thru two of the biggest hurricanes in history.. regardless of whether you were able to evacuate or not. consider your dues are paid in full with that if their are dues to be paid.. and of course there are no dues here.. I agree with Sarge 47.. curve balls can be thrown.. so hang on. :D

You learn here all you can.. and surprise him with what you know during the next disaster in that area.. and there will be others... A disaster throws a person into an outdoor survival situation a lot of the time.. He will come around. Be prepared.

Tony uk
01-01-2008, 05:07 PM
Welcome to the Wolf Pack :D

Take an outing with your husband one day only fo a night or even just untill the light goes and show him some stuff and maby he'll come around :)

wildWoman
01-01-2008, 05:31 PM
Hey there Cabingirl, I agree with the guys, you never know what's behind the horizon...I didn't think I'd be able to realize my dream of living out in the bush either but I guess at one point the stars aligned and my partner and I did move out into the woods.
One thing, you still need money in the bush and it sure is hard generating some when you don't have a job to go to!! Property taxes, dog food and vet bills, many grocery items, tools, some way of communication all need to be financed. I think living frugally in the bush is about as cheap or expensive as frugal living on your own plot of land with road access, at least for us.

Rick
01-01-2008, 06:43 PM
Welcome home, Cabingirl.

LarryB
01-01-2008, 07:58 PM
Welcome to the campfire Cabingirl, glad to have you here with us. If hubby ain't up to the bush stuff, at least you can slip in here beside us on a log and stare into the fire for a bit every week or more like we do.:) We need a few more womenfolk in here to tell us to behave once in awhile and settle down and stuff. anyway. Does your boy like the woods stuff? If so, get him in here too 'cause we are a bit of a wolf pack to be sure and there's millions of acres of bush to share with you and him both. :cool:

Jay
01-02-2008, 02:20 AM
Hi & welcome. Dreams have a way of coming true! Sometimes in unexpected ways. So don’t give up hope.
Cheers

Smok
01-02-2008, 06:25 AM
I am very glad you found us and my God be with you ..

Bladesypher
01-02-2008, 09:56 AM

Why not show your husband the people who are living the dream. He may change his mind. Welcome to the site ^_^

Rick
01-02-2008, 10:09 AM
That's a great suggestion Bladesypher. Even take a vacation into the area you think you'd like to live. That would educate him and yourself, at a high level, of what the area offers. He doesn't have to know you're scouting out a homestead.:rolleyes:

Beo
01-02-2008, 10:58 AM
Ditch the hubby meet ya at in the mountains of Montana... jk. Welcome aboard and show him what nature has to offer, I am married to a city girl and have the same problem but she is slowly coming around, mother nature has her ways.