PDA

View Full Version : Real Survival Situation

FVR
10-13-2007, 09:37 AM
Georgia in three months if we don't get any rain.

I've noticed the draught while at work, the systems are not pulling water as it has dropped so much. This is really good as the product aka gasoline and diesel is flowing freely into the recovery wells.

On the other hand, Allatoona is down 15 feet, Lanier is down 13 feet, my local trout stream is all but dried up. A few holes holding leftover rainbows just trying to survive.

The upper Etowah river, forget duck hunting it's a creek. The lower is okay but that's because they have to let water flow through the dam for Rome.

Now I have over 500 gal. of water stockpiled downstairs, this would be good for heating for baths and washing dishes, drinking if last resort. Don't think it's going to get that bad.

Anyone know how to do a raindance? Let's say for about a week straight.

sam30248
10-14-2007, 01:27 AM
i know what you mean , i only have about 100 gal . i hope i dont have to dance but i have been checking into it

LadyTrapper
10-14-2007, 08:27 AM
May the rain gods look favorably upon you soon!

wareagle69
10-16-2007, 07:47 PM
fvr my freind

you and yours are always welcome at the homestead we got lots of water and land..

FVR
10-16-2007, 11:31 PM
That's what I hear, water up North.

Trying to talk the wife into moving to the coast, maybe up north. Get a little fishing boat, trap lobsters and crabs. Live in a little Cape Cod, surf fish all summer and fall and then duck hunt come winter.

Cut wood, stockpile, nice big roaring fire with a few feet of snow outside. The smell of a baking turkey, apple pie, hot buttered rum. My wife in a flannel shirt, not tucked in just hanging down, top three buttons undone.............oh, better not go there.

Walking outside in a pair of wool pants, hunting boots, wool shirt and a beanie cap, taking that first long draw of frosty air.

Things I miss about the North.