PDA

View Full Version : Froggin' (hunting frogs)

corndog-44
10-13-2007, 12:16 AM
Nothing is more fun than trudging around the banks of the local pond or stream with flashlight in one hand and gig in the other, searching for the pink reflection of frog eyes. The best part is eating them. Anyone here do any froggin'?

owl_girl
10-13-2007, 12:45 AM
Yes but not to eat. A couple years ago I took a friend of mine into the woods with a couple of lanterns one night, As we stood by the bank of the pond we could hear the tree frogs singing all around us (pretty sound) and we started following the sounds trying to catch them, we got quite a few and had fun doing it but at the end we released them, tree frogs are too small to make much of a meal out of. She said it was the most fun she had all year.
I have eaten frog before though.

Smok
10-14-2007, 04:38 AM
your keddin right ??? Owl girl???

owl_girl
10-14-2007, 09:22 AM
your keddin right ??? Owl girl???
Kidding about what? Eating frog? lol...No I’m not.
It was at the fair and they were selling fried frog legs, they were about the size of a small drum stick, tasted like chicken with a hint of fish.

Sarge47
10-14-2007, 01:03 PM
I've caught & eaten Bull Frogs before, well, I've just eaten their legs. (The other white meat). I found that you can use any fishing rod with a even a small leaf as bait. Hide behind them on the bank and bounce the lie up & down and they will bite on it like a fish. I've had them come out of the water chasing it thinking that the leaf was an insect.:cool:

Strider
10-14-2007, 06:08 PM
I've never eaten frog itself, but have tried frog legs, fried... tasted like a fish to me. I kinda figure there are a lot of poisonous ones out there, so I stick to other animals and plants i know are safe...

pilgrim
10-14-2007, 07:35 PM
Ive done some giggin, used to use a pellet gun when i was younger

cw0203
10-15-2007, 09:12 AM
Yeah, in Southeast Texas we would go giggin' for hours. Tastes like chicken. I've gotten frog legs as long as my arm from some big bullfrogs.