PDA

View Full Version : Question?

OICU812
07-11-2009, 12:20 AM
Do any of you folks frog gig anymore if ever?
How about building live fish traps like we did growing up? and by that I do not mean jugging or trots where something else could relieve you of a prize or just eat most of it and leave you the head.
Lastly, spearing grass or buffalo carp, or trebling for gar? these are a few of my favorite past times and come in as survival tactics 101 given the need.:shifty:

ncffp163
07-12-2009, 02:28 AM
I haven't frog gigged in years...I miss it

Rick
07-12-2009, 09:18 AM
I frog gigged when I was younger. I really like fried frog legs even if you have to keep a lid on when they are frying:clap:

As to trebling, it's outlawed here and gigging is pretty restricted.

spiritofold
07-12-2009, 09:37 AM
Whats frog gigging???

I gues it must be an American thing??? ;)

Rick
07-12-2009, 09:44 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gigging

spiritofold
07-12-2009, 09:49 AM
That looks a laugh! Illegal over here, but if i dont get caught ;)

crashdive123
07-12-2009, 11:28 AM
Spiritofold - you say "over here" like we know where you are. How about heading over to the Introduction section and tell us a bit about yourself. Thanks. http://www.wilderness-survival.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14 Remember, we've got people from around the world, for all we know you might be in the UK.

Ole WV Coot
07-12-2009, 03:15 PM
I frog gigged when I was younger. I really like fried frog legs even if you have to keep a lid on when they are frying:clap:

As to trebling, it's outlawed here and gigging is pretty restricted.

You can cut the leader, tendon or whatever it's called in the leg and they will
stay either in the pan or kitchen, if you close the doors. Still don't hurt to put
a lid on, they still get that "runnin feeling" sometimes.:sneaky2:

Rick
07-12-2009, 03:25 PM
I'm not certain which was more dangerous, the frog legs jumping out of the pan or mom trying to spear them mid-air with a knife. It's a great way to clear a kitchen of men folk, though. Nothing more dangerous than a woman with a knife on a mission.