PDA

View Full Version : CDC WARNING! E. coli - Nestle Toll House Refrigerated Cookie Dough

Ken
07-07-2009, 11:22 PM
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention are warning consumers not to eat any varieties of prepackaged Nestle Toll House refrigerated cookie dough due to the risk of contamination with E. coli O157:H7.

http://www.cdc.gov/ecoli/2009/0630.html

Mountain Man
07-07-2009, 11:33 PM
DARN!

I love eating that stuff raw.

Winnie
07-08-2009, 04:35 AM
You can buy cookie dough???

crashdive123
07-08-2009, 06:33 AM
You can buy cookie dough???

Yep. A product designed to cater to the "I want it now" generation.
http://www.verybestbaking.com/products/tollhouse/dough.aspx

Winnie
07-09-2009, 04:32 AM
Good grief, I've heard it all now. If I want some biscuits-sorry cookies I either buy a packet or make from scratch myself! usually the latter.
Ah well nowt so queer as folk.

oneraindog
07-09-2009, 03:07 PM
ok not to come to nestles defense or anything but after the recall a bunch of the people who had gotten sick admitted that they had been eating it raw. that is kind of asking for it. its like eating raw chicken. this stuff has ingredients in it that are bacterial nightmares and it has to be COOKED. eating this stuff raw and being surprised you got e.coli is like drinking swamp water and being surprised you got the sh*ts....or worse.

this is one problem i have with the current state of american consumer protection. lots of times its just sort of assumed that the corporation is at fault and no one questions the actions of the consumers. the consumer is ALWAYS the victim and so people lose sight of their own responsibility and accountability. the last thing i need is a baby sitter. but then im not eating stuff thats got raw eggs in it and has been sitting on a shelf for 2 weeks. i like my guts where they are.

oneraindog
07-09-2009, 03:23 PM
it reminds me of the story that happened recently where the amish guy got busted for giving raw milk away. usda regulations blah blah blah. thats fine but what about personal choice? shouldnt regulations leave room for me to make decisions for myself and if i want to drink raw, unpastuerized milk that is FRESH, shouldnt i be able to? regulations that seek to protect me from myself are the result of stupid people doing stupid things and forcing someone else to take responsibility.

mcfd45
07-09-2009, 03:26 PM
Son of a ***** i made 3 batches of that for the fourth. **** me!!!!!!

crashdive123
07-09-2009, 03:30 PM
Well, since you only made 3 batches, one would have to assume that they have been consumed by now. Notice any ill effects?

Rick
07-09-2009, 08:23 PM
And I drank a fifth on the sixth and thought I was in seventh heaven. Now this!

mcfd45
07-09-2009, 09:14 PM
nothing yet, not really concerned to much.