PDA

View Full Version : .22LR Bulk Packs

Mountain Man
07-07-2009, 10:53 PM
So does anyone have any .22LR bulk packs they want to sell?

My wal-marts have not had any of this stuff in for months! And now that I got my ruger .22 pistol it seems I`m going through a brick at a time! I shouldn't have gotten 10 mags and a speed loader, ahaha!

Anyway.
I`ll pay full retail + shipping if you have any.
IE: 550 Federal $15.99 + Tax (10%) = $17.60

I`m interested in buying a minimum of 5 boxes at once just to save on shipping... but will buy 10 at once.

They don't have to be federal bulk packs they can be other manufactures as well. I don't want any target/match grade stuff under $20/box as it's for plinking.

I may be interested in some of the 50rnd CCI Mini-Mag HP and Non if you have some of those too for my .22 rifle.

Let me know what you have, if you have 5000rnds or more I`ll toss in some extra cashola for you :) to make some money. :clap:

crashdive123
07-07-2009, 11:06 PM
Sorry my friend - not selling. Have you tried to buy it on line?

Mountain Man
07-07-2009, 11:33 PM
Sorry my friend - not selling. Have you tried to buy it on line?

Yeah, I've found bulk packs online but they are like $35 to $45... no freaking clue how they get so much more $$ than wal-mart, hell even Big-5 is cheaper!!!! :smash:

Guess I may have to stay at a friends in the valley and scope wal-marts early AM hehe.

Ole WV Coot
07-07-2009, 11:44 PM
Lots of luck. I checked mine and individual boxes were less than a buck and a brick was marked a little over $9. Glad I stocked up many moons ago. Can't find any now to price it.

crashdive123
07-08-2009, 06:25 AM
The only place that I've found 22 LR bricks for a price close to where they've been priced is at WalMart. Even some of the vendors at gun shows are selling it for $10 to $20 dollars above what WalMart sells it for (identical product). It's all about supply and demand right now. It'll probably come down eventually.

Rick
07-08-2009, 07:59 AM
Wow! Nope, don't have any ammo of any kind. I could probably trade you a nice knife for that empty, worthless pistoly, though. I need a good paper weight.

(Just practicing my barter skills)

bulrush
07-08-2009, 03:19 PM
Buying online would probably get you a hefty hazardous material fee. I would imagine ammo is a hazardous material. Plus it's darn heavy from a shipping point of view. Now if they made ceramic bullets like they did in the Civil War, that might be a little lighter.

Mountain Man
07-08-2009, 05:13 PM
Buying online would probably get you a hefty hazardous material fee. I would imagine ammo is a hazardous material. Plus it's darn heavy from a shipping point of view. Now if they made ceramic bullets like they did in the Civil War, that might be a little lighter.

No, there is actually no additional fee placed on shipping ammo. You must ship it UPS though, and it must be labeled ORM-D. I have shipped it and received it via UPS it's not that big of a deal and it's normally ~$30 for 1000rnds of 5.56, I just have never had the need to buy .22LR on the web... and the places I know about seem to want outrageous prices for .22 !!

Rick
07-08-2009, 08:26 PM
I used to buy on the net all the time....when you could find it. Never was charged extra.

bulrush
07-09-2009, 01:08 PM
Well, that's good to know then. Very surprising, but good to know. Because the USPS won't let me ship even water even if it's sealed properly (new regulations affecting outgoing packages from West Michigan only).

(I used to ship live shrimp for aquariums before the new regs.)

OICU812
07-09-2009, 08:40 PM
Preach it M-M! the mark-up on deuce-deuce rounds is flowing like a ripple affect and everyone has felt it in the plinking world. Our local GanderMountain was the high price king of the ammo world around here but lately you can get lots of chamberings there just as cheap or cheaper than local shops that did have them beat.
The Wal-Mart deal is this, even if they had 500 packs for $2.49 each, if they are out it would'nt matter if they were giving them away, if they are out-they are out- you would still be leaving empty handed. Try your favorite local gun one stop shop and try to pay in advance on a soon to be arriving shipment to guarantee a solid lot. Here .22's in cheap Federal "American Eagle" brand went for 8 & change 3yrs. ago when we had a president! Now even at a local 3 state vendor flea-market they are selling for 30 bucks! the same cotton-picking shells!
I guess the moral is the value "YOU" meaning everyone, place on an item is what it is ultimately worth. If folks want it bad 'nuff, then you get what we have here, hence the price.

It's the world we live in, the one we all created- sux don't it?

OhioHillbilly
07-12-2009, 11:26 AM
We ordered 2500 rounds of CCI .22LR from Sportsmens Guide the third week of March and was supposed to receive them in April. They still have not got here. They said the demand was huge and they can't make them fast enough.

RobertRogers
07-12-2009, 12:40 PM
I bought over 10,000 rounds last year, to add to the stock. Glad I did.

Imagine what these would be worth come SHTF?

SARKY
07-12-2009, 09:44 PM
Up until the shortage started affecting Wally World (Walmart) I was buying between 5 and 10 bulk packages a week. Of course being a pistol instructor I was using most of that in my classes. I still have my reserve, but that is for emergencies.

Bigdog57
07-14-2009, 06:45 AM
I had the good foresight to stash back a few bulkpacks before the 'election'. I've always been a bigtime rimfire shooter - but have had to seriously reduce my shooting! I am actually shooting much more centerfire, as I handload everything but rimfire.
Wally's locally either has none, or it disappears as soon as it hits the shelf. My local Sportsman's Warehouse has not had it either - the only rimfire they have now is .17HM2 - which I do not have a gun for. .17HMR I have, but SW does not. And now they are finally closing.

SARKY
07-14-2009, 08:51 PM
Hey Bigdog57,
Do you have a Ruger 10-22? if so it is very easy to convert to .17M2

Mountain Man
07-16-2009, 02:52 PM
I've been shooting 17HMR more... but I want to shoot my 10/22 and Ruger Mark III too!! It's not that I have NO .22LR but I don't want to run out either :(

OhioHillbilly
07-22-2009, 07:06 PM
Sportsmens Guide emailed me today and it will be next month....again.

Mountain Man
07-23-2009, 01:45 AM
Guy at wally world got the last bulk pack as I was getting into the ammo section. :smash: It was mid day so I`m thinkign they are getting more nis tock regularly now too.

Another local wal-mart had over 25 boxes of Federal .40 too!

HOSSFLY
07-25-2009, 06:11 AM
Gun brokers.com .Buy in bulk .good ammo.remington,winchester,federal