PDA

View Full Version : Ruger Mark Series or Smith & Wesson 22A?

sgtdraino
07-03-2009, 03:14 PM
Kankujoe posted a cool article:

A .22lr semi auto is the best choice in a survivor firearm according to the USRSOG. http://www.sererescuesog.addr.com/USRSOG-Firearm.htm

In the article, the USRSOG guy writes that their two most common firearm choices are the Ruger Mark series, and the Smith & Wesson 22A, which I know crashdive123 is partial to.

So I'm curious to hear the concensus of our resident experts on which weapon is superior, and why.

Experts?

crashdive123
07-03-2009, 03:19 PM
It's not so much that I'm partial to it, but rather one of the ones that I happen to have. That is why I have difficulty voting in your polls, in that I do not own both, so cannot compare them side by side. I guess that leads me to ask, have you shot the S&W? If not, how can you compare them?

sgtdraino
07-03-2009, 03:29 PM
I guess that leads me to ask, have you shot the S&W? If not, how can you compare them?

No, I have not shot either one. I voted for Ruger simply because I'm partial to Ruger, and so I can easily see the poll results. :) So, nobody give my vote much weight!

Hopefully some of you guys can say what the strengths and weaknesses are of each one, because I'd really like some help in deciding which I really should buy.

SARKY
07-04-2009, 12:37 AM
Look it comes down to this, which one feels the best in your hand? Granted the Ruger is built like a tank and will probably outlast any other .22 out there.
One other thing, when I decided on the Ruger, it felt really good in my hand(Balance and pointability) but when I put Houge wrap around grips on it, it felt great. It felt like a part of my hand.