PDA

View Full Version : Passing On The Trade

WildGoth
10-07-2007, 09:56 AM
this weekend i felt very proud some of my friends came over and wanted to learn some survival techniques i showed them some and they even made their own lent-to shelter i felt so proud :D

FVR
10-07-2007, 01:02 PM
That's what it's all about. Keeping the tradition alive.

Fog_Harbor
10-08-2007, 09:30 PM
Mentoring is the coolest way

WildGoth
10-09-2007, 04:11 PM
yeah it was so funny they said that im the best i said you should check out some of the people here compared to them i'm a noob but hey we each have our own stengths

Sarge47
10-09-2007, 05:36 PM
yeah it was so funny they said that im the best i said you should check out some of the people here compared to them i'm a noob but hey we each have our own stengths

Sounds like you did ok, You've been learning and that's what it's all about.;)

corndog-44
10-09-2007, 06:00 PM
I'm passing off the trade to my 9 year grandson. Right now we're working on following animal trails and finding his way through the woods without a compass. Taking one step at a time...slow but sure. The way he's learning I figure it's going take about 4 years to teach him what I know about woodcraft. It's a lot of fun and satisfying for this old codger.

LadyTrapper
10-09-2007, 07:46 PM
You should all feel very proud by passing on traditions and skills that are gonna count in a survival situation.
I truely believe that children ,especially in todays world of electronic obsession, need wild places to live and grow but also need the tools and knowledge to use while there.
Good Job!

WildGoth
10-09-2007, 10:57 PM
I'm passing off the trade to my 9 year grandson. Right now we're working on following animal trails and finding his way through the woods without a compass. Taking one step at a time...slow but sure. The way he's learning I figure it's going take about 4 years to teach him what I know about woodcraft. It's a lot of fun and satisfying for this old codger.

yeah they thought that useing a compass was as easy as 123 laughing as they tried to use by constantly turning it around

trax
10-10-2007, 12:13 PM
yeah they thought that useing a compass was as easy as 123 laughing as they tried to use by constantly turning it around

I've never used a compass. I've been lucky enough to have the same experience that corndog described, teaching children how to follow game trails, what to look for, how to find their way in and back out of wild areas, it's awesome. I agree with Lady Trapper, kids need this stuff more today than ever before.

WildGoth
10-11-2007, 04:27 PM
yeah the majority of people in my school would most likey die in a matter of hours from over exhaustion i was hopeing to try and make a club for survival of some sorts in school or not so funny everyone lives like right next door to the woods and would not survive without a cellphone for a hour muchless in a survival sitution

Strider
10-14-2007, 06:20 PM
You should all feel very proud by passing on traditions and skills that are gonna count in a survival situation.
I truely believe that children ,especially in todays world of electronic obsession, need wild places to live and grow but also need the tools and knowledge to use while there.
Good Job!

That is, of course, if there will be any wilderness left once they're older...

WildGoth
10-15-2007, 12:25 AM
not trying to get enivor here but yeah i agree if things keep going this way we will be surviving on the moon

corndog-44
10-15-2007, 01:26 AM
not trying to get enivor here but yeah i agree if things keep going this way we will be surviving on the moon

Now there's a challenge! :)