PDA

View Full Version : Ruger 22/45 Report

Mountain Man
06-29-2009, 03:01 PM
I got the mark III 22 45 ruger two weekends ago and finally was able to use it for more than one magazine.

Great fun, and cheap to shoot compared to other ammo right now! Still, with 12mags, Volquartsen speed loader you can go through a 550brick in 30minutes or less easy :clap: still, I guess $15 for 550 isn't that bad, I acn remember whne itw as <10 though!!

Anyway, the guns super accurate out of the box, the trigger pull is to long and stiff for my like.

I have the Volquartsen Magazine Spring Loaded extractor thing to shoot the mags into your hand (right now you have to pull them out!), and an extended mag release. I`m gonna def. add the Volquartsen accurizing kit to the pistol and from what I've read it will be super nice then :)

For ~$250 new you can't beat it in my opinion.

Mountain Man
06-29-2009, 03:02 PM
Compared to the price of the pistol the accurizing kit is pricey.
https://www.volquartsen.com/products/281-accurizing-kit-for-ruger-mkiimkiii

SARKY
06-29-2009, 08:53 PM
The MKIII accurizing kit is sooo well worth the money. I accurized my MKII 512 which my wife then proceeded to use as her own. when I got the MKIII hunter, I accurized that as well.

sgtdraino
06-30-2009, 12:37 AM
It looks like better deals can be had on the 22/45, than the regular Mark III. I want to get a Mark at some point, and so the 22/45 is tempting me.

How does everybody rate it against the regular Mark III?

Mountain Man
06-30-2009, 01:45 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruger_MK_III

Shows the differences.

Badawg
07-01-2009, 12:04 PM
I just bought a Mark III 6 yesterday... $275.00 seemed too good to pass up for a brand new one. This is what I will train my 10 year old with as it's a much better gun than my old Woodsman as far as safety goes. Alas... I have to wait until the 14th to pick it up.

Mountain Man
07-01-2009, 01:18 PM
I just bought a Mark III 6 yesterday... $275.00 seemed too good to pass up for a brand new one. This is what I will train my 10 year old with as it's a much better gun than my old Woodsman as far as safety goes. Alas... I have to wait until the 14th to pick it up.

Good`ol CA.

I had to pick mine up a week later because the day I planned to pick it up I forgot my paperwork at home... and apparently this place if I don't have my ORIGINAL RECEIPT it's ok for them to VOID the entire transaction (apparently that was in their small print).

Oh-well, I got it, and it's great fun :)

Speed loader and mags on sale from midway and no sore thumbs or fingers heh.