PDA

View Full Version : Another sign......"NO Big Birds" available.....?

Sourdough
06-29-2009, 07:19 AM
Interesting that most if not all of the Hatchery's are "SOLD OUT" of All Turkeys, All Geese, Most big meat birds.......I wonder if a lot of people are starting a renewable food source.......What say you, Nell.....? My "NO" evidence feeling is this is like the ammo buying.......people don't know for sure what's coming, but feel fearful about the next ten years.

nell67
06-29-2009, 07:33 AM
I agree hopeak,where I work,we sell poultry from March through the end of May early June,and people were buying this year who have never owned chickens and turkeys before,along with their birds,they had to also purchase feeders,waterers,fencing, lighting,etc. I spent a great deal of time telling people how to care for them,what to feed them,and if they had problems with them, what to do for them.Instead of the normal 5 or 10,they were buying 25 or 50 or more at a time.

crashdive123
06-29-2009, 07:41 AM
Interesting observation Hope/Nell. I wonder how other "self sufficiency" type products are selling and what their availability is?

Ken
06-29-2009, 07:47 AM
Sales of vegetable plants are way up in this area. I called a friend at a local nursery the other day asking about berry bushes, and in our conversation she told me that first-time gardeners are way up this year.

On a better note, I took a walk, for the first time, through an uncleared section of my new "yard" yesterday and discovered a real big patch of raspberry bushes. :clap:

nell67
06-29-2009, 08:08 AM
Ken,you are right about plants as well (yep,we HAD them too) but they sold out fast.

People would learn delivery days and times for the chickens and plants,and would be standing in line for the doors to open on those days.
sometime
For the chicks,they would get there early,and stand for several hours until we got the call from USPS that they were in,and then wait until we had someone free enough to got fetch them,people got real grumpy when they got there early,and found out they had to wait,becausse we had no chicks when the doors opened.

We finally postd a sign that the chicks would be there sometime in the afternoon.

crashdive123
06-29-2009, 08:21 AM
We finally postd a sign that the chicks would be there sometime in the afternoon.

If only the bars had done that when I was younger.

nell67
06-29-2009, 08:32 AM
I left myself open for that one,eh???? LMAO!

Winnie
06-29-2009, 10:47 AM
Same things happening over here, so many more people are growing their own fruit and veg and backyard poultry keeping has gone up by a large number. There's also been an increase in people stockpiling food.

Beo
06-29-2009, 10:50 AM
Ravioli and SpaghettiOs (love SpaghettiO's with Meatballs) last a really long time and are delisous too :) Same with beenie wennies (oh my god I left a big opening there).

erunkiswldrnssurvival
06-29-2009, 11:38 AM
and if you buy from the ding and dent store those beenie weenies are very affordable.
prices are riseing as we all donate our rescources to rebuild our economic collapse.
not an easy thing to buy something that pays you.shortages are becoming more common and industry wants to restrict us from having too much for free. things dont look good from my position.huge demands with intentional limited supply gets buissnesses more money for less provision. the shortages are controled and intended to elevate GDP

Beo
06-29-2009, 11:46 AM
Well if the end of society and collapse is near and coming I think we of this forum outta get together and make a protected base from which we will control the flow of fuel and food in the area we choose, we can then raid outlaying communities and rise to power and dominate the WORLD!!!!!!

Or not if your too busy.

erunkiswldrnssurvival
06-29-2009, 11:55 AM
im not too busy, and a community reserve is an exelent idea. i love my country but when you say disaster i think about 30,000 people in the big easy suffering for days while our leaders discuss who should pay for helping them.

i depend on myself (and my concerned neighbor) for help. a food and fuel bank could help dramaticaly. it would have to be a private interprise though, big buisness doesnt cater to needy people who cant pay.

Ken
06-29-2009, 03:08 PM
Well if the end of society and collapse is near and coming I think we of this forum outta get together and make a protected base from which we will control the flow of fuel and food in the area we choose, we can then raid outlaying communities and rise to power and dominate the WORLD!!!!!!

Or not if your too busy.

Can I write the new constitution?

"We, the people of United States of America, in Order to form a more perfect Society which recognizes the absolute right of each individual to own and bear firearms or other weapons regardless of the state or city in which they live, establish Justice (which will practically be automatic when people carry guns), insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

ARTICLE I. The people have the right to keep and bear firearms and other weapons. Period. Neither the federal government nor the government of any state or political subdivision shall enact nor enforce any law or regulation infringing upon or regulating this right. This is an individual right reserved unto each person, regardless of whether or not they belong to any state militia or other government or private organization. Neither the federal government nor the government of any state or political subdivision shall impose any tax or fee of any nature on the manufacture, distribution, sale, or ownership of such firearm or any ammunition which it is capable of firing. No individual shall be required to obtain any license or permit to own or carry a firearm. Period. The terms "firearm" and "other weapon" does not include nuclear weapons, chemical weapons of mass destruction, biological weapons, or other weapons of mass destruction. Since many courts didn't understand the language the first time around, we wanna' be clear: anything that shoots bullets is okay to own and be carried by any person, anywhere, and no level of government, be it federal, state, local, or otherwise, has any business messing with this right. Period.

So, can I write it, huh, pleeeeeeze?

chiye tanka
06-29-2009, 03:16 PM
Ken, you need to throw in there something about felons not being allowed to own them. That way when we catch one with a gun, there's no court, straight to the big house.

Ken
06-29-2009, 03:19 PM
Ken, you need to throw in there something about felons not being allowed to own them. That way when we catch one with a gun, there's no court, straight to the big house.

ALL FELONIES???? In some states, even DWI or gambling is a felony. How about felonies involving violence only?

erunkiswldrnssurvival
06-29-2009, 03:25 PM
our original constitution was founded by felons of the british state so that law is tecnicaly illeagal. even a felon has the right to protect themselves and thier possesions regardless of labels. and to imprision someone for having a fire arm witout a crime is wrong. every one diserves a fair trial and should never be thrown away without question.even a felon is entitled to quality life without oppression or fear hostility from an oppressor. guns dont commit crimes,people do.

chiye tanka
06-29-2009, 03:25 PM
Yeah, just violent felons.

Ken
06-29-2009, 03:28 PM

Yeah, I can take care of that. With pleasure.

oldsoldier
06-29-2009, 03:31 PM
here in Evansville this year we have seen an increase at the local co-op/farmers market by 200-300% last year the farmers mkt had about 4 people set up on saturday morning this year they have averaged 10-12 on weekends the co-op even more where people not only sell their excess produce they also trade produce. I hope next year to have enough extra blueberrys,blackberrys,strawberrys and pears to take to co-op.

Mountain Man
06-29-2009, 04:36 PM
Tiny stores out here in middle of no where have chickens.. I'm thinking they won't be hard to ever get ;)

Bigger birds I dunno though!

Pal334
06-29-2009, 04:50 PM
Can I write the new constitution?

"We, the people of United States of America, in Order to form a more perfect Society which recognizes the absolute right of each individual to own and bear firearms or other weapons regardless of the state or city in which they live, establish Justice (which will practically be automatic when people carry guns), insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

ARTICLE I. The people have the right to keep and bear firearms and other weapons. Period. Neither the federal government nor the government of any state or political subdivision shall enact nor enforce any law or regulation infringing upon or regulating this right. This is an individual right reserved unto each person, regardless of whether or not they belong to any state militia or other government or private organization. Neither the federal government nor the government of any state or political subdivision shall impose any tax or fee of any nature on the manufacture, distribution, sale, or ownership of such firearm or any ammunition which it is capable of firing. No individual shall be required to obtain any license or permit to own or carry a firearm. Period. The terms "firearm" and "other weapon" does not include nuclear weapons, chemical weapons of mass destruction, biological weapons, or other weapons of mass destruction. Since many courts didn't understand the language the first time around, we wanna' be clear: anything that shoots bullets is okay to own and be carried by any person, anywhere, and no level of government, be it federal, state, local, or otherwise, has any business messing with this right. Period.

So, can I write it, huh, pleeeeeeze?

I vote yes to all of the above. The KISS theory :)

erunkiswldrnssurvival
06-29-2009, 05:11 PM
nobody wants to be held up by a criminal,or career felon. dont get me wrong... those with a tendancy to use a gun for crime should not have one. the "any felony you lose you right to bear arms" law is not well represented but stricktly enforced (nobody let me vote on it)

oldsoldier
06-29-2009, 08:18 PM
Ken.... You write it I'll be D*%m proud to sign it

Winnie
06-29-2009, 08:29 PM

Or not if your too busy.

Has anyone got a aircraft they can come pick me up in??:blushing:

oldsoldier
06-30-2009, 10:42 AM
Wychwood..If ya' know where an old uh1 or uh2 blackhawk is sittin around I can still fly one if that helps

2dumb2kwit
06-30-2009, 12:58 PM
Can I write the new constitution?.....

............So, can I write it, huh, pleeeeeeze?

Absolutely!
In fact....I think I'd vote for you to hold some kind of office.:clap:

Winnie
07-01-2009, 05:13 AM
Wychwood..If ya' know where an old uh1 or uh2 blackhawk is sittin around I can still fly one if that helps

British Airforce don't have Blackhawks..... but I know where they keep a Chinnook or two and Apaches, or what about a Lynx? LOL

Rick
07-01-2009, 08:33 AM
I think it's even more than a fear of what might be ahead. It's really a grass roots movement to get back to another life style. Many of us are baby boomers and can easily remember how our parents and grandparents lived. It was a much simpler life style, albeit a much more difficult one. I think a lot of us have done the rat race thing and just want to enjoy a simpler, less complicated lifestyle. I really enjoy working in the garden and putting up canned goods. It isn't that I'm afraid food sources will dry up. It's just something I enjoy doing. I'd have chickens, too, if I lived in an area where I could have them. Again, not out of fear about tomorrow, I'd just enjoy having them.

I'm not discounting concerns about the future, I'm sure that is a large segment that are doing things for just that reason. All I'm saying is a lot of folks are wanting to live a less polluting, more organic, simpler life style.

Sourdough
07-01-2009, 09:28 AM
I think it's even more than a fear of what might be ahead. It's really a grass roots movement to get back to another life style. Many of us are baby boomers and can easily remember how our parents and grandparents lived. It was a much simpler life style, albeit a much more difficult one. I think a lot of us have done the rat race thing and just want to enjoy a simpler, less complicated lifestyle. I really enjoy working in the garden and putting up canned goods. It isn't that I'm afraid food sources will dry up. It's just something I enjoy doing. I'd have chickens, too, if I lived in an area where I could have them. Again, not out of fear about tomorrow, I'd just enjoy having them.

I'm not discounting concerns about the future, I'm sure that is a large segment that are doing things for just that reason. All I'm saying is a lot of folks are wanting to live a less polluting, more organic, simpler life style.

Rick, would you or do you ever consider moving more rural.......????

Rick
07-01-2009, 09:40 AM
Yes. We've talked about it several times. When we first moved here it was much more rural than it is now. A lot of building has happened in the last 20 years though. Much to our dismay. Location is the problem for us. We enjoy being near our kids and grand kids and once you start getting older being near quality medical care is a plus.

oldsoldier
07-01-2009, 10:56 AM
Wychwood.... Never flown a lynx flew #2 in a chinook a couple of time and almost lost my breakfast in an apache my one and ONLY ride!!!

Winnie
07-01-2009, 12:37 PM
Wychwood.... Never flown a lynx flew #2 in a chinook a couple of time and almost lost my breakfast in an apache my one and ONLY ride!!!

ROFL!
I DID lose my breakfast in a Chinnook, all over my boss! (used to work for the MOD and got a free ride) I won't repeat what he called me.... I'm far too much of a lady!