PDA

View Full Version : Site Quiz

Tony uk
10-05-2007, 05:22 PM
I think the quiz needs updateing on this site its getting to easy i think or maby we could ask more questions. Does anyone else think this ?

wareagle69
10-07-2007, 08:00 AM
I think the quiz needs updateing on this site its getting to easy i think or maby we could ask more questions. Does anyone else think this ?

how did you do your first time taking the quiz? of course it will get easier the more familiar you become with it have you learned from it? i think the design of it is to test you then interest you into learning more..

Tony uk
10-10-2007, 05:53 PM
I learned some stuff from it but not much other than what i had already learned

ryaninmichigan
10-12-2007, 10:42 PM
where is the sight quiz?

owl_girl
10-12-2007, 10:57 PM
where is the sight quiz?

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/quiz/quiz.php

Chris
10-13-2007, 09:46 AM
It basically has 1 question per main section (chapter) of content from the site.

ATough
10-13-2007, 08:38 PM
I think it is very good.

MCBushbaby
10-14-2007, 10:27 AM
The quiz is OK... that is to say it tells you if you are going to survive that first night alone or be found a week later inside a stump petting a volleyball.

I think there should be a more in-depth quiz with practical questions. "Which of the following four pictures illustrates the correct knot to tie for a snare?" "Of the following, which gives you more calories?" "Which of the following is a correct scout map?" "Following your friend's scout map, you must go north 150ft, turn 45* east and continue to a large pine tree. From there, turn directly east until you hit the stream... why is this map bad?" et cetera, et al

explodingearth
10-30-2007, 11:09 PM
i got a 75 :}

Beo
11-07-2007, 07:27 PM
Got a 96 not to bad. Needs to be harder though and deal with the things mitch stated.

trax
11-08-2007, 02:03 PM
with Mitch and Beo, more in-depth, more "hands-on" type things. Not trying to be critical though, after all, how many sites and forums have I ever created? hmmmm....oh yeah, none.

Chris
11-10-2007, 08:42 PM
It wouldn't be altogether that difficult for me to make a second quiz using the same frame I have for the first one, but with new questions. It would have to be multiple choice though just like the current one.

The issue being, I don't know if I'm expert enough to write an expert-level quiz.

Tony uk
11-11-2007, 11:14 AM
What about if you just get some of the harder questions from survival books and add some in yourself ?

Aurelius95
11-19-2007, 09:51 PM
I think you could also check with some of the more experienced members to see what questions they would ask.

This is a great site, and I've learned a lot from reading all these posts. But there is such a difference in reading about survival and getting out there and doing it. Keep up the great materials, I just might make it out alive!

A95

danno
01-15-2008, 12:58 PM
I know this is an old post.... however...... I thought the quiz was great . I thought i knew allot of stuff. But. I reckon that was not the case. I only got a 65. I missed 8 ..( those darn insect ones ).. I sent the quiz site to allot of my friends thru text message's ....... Not one of them got anything higher then a 90 . But I was glad to learn I didn't have the lowest !!

I told them it was a timed quiz and it would time out if they thought about the answer too long. And thats the state of mind I took when I took quiz.... hey i know im looking for an excuse !! LOL ......... nice job on quiz....... if you do change anything do a timed quiz where they have to answer in a quicker manner .and not look up the answer !!")

Sam
01-21-2008, 02:47 AM
Just took the test, got a 90. i tried to pet the wrong shark.

canid
01-21-2008, 12:16 PM
some of the questions could stand to be rewritten.

ie. the shark question, which doe not reflect current attack figures and the sea-water drinking question, which does not exactly describe the complications of salt intake and dehydration well, an seems to imply that there is no risk of organic pathogens.

the quiz could also be expanded and could certainly stand to be more dynamic, but it does have that sense of fun or adventure, which is what most matter in such a test.

canid
01-21-2008, 12:23 PM
interesting note about talking with wilson:

it has been demonstrated that language is a dynamic, learned skill which must be practiced to be maintained. when one goes weeks or months without hearing or speaking a given known language, or worse yet, any language, their ability speak that language [ or to communicate linguisticaly at all] will degrade.

being somewhat off in the first place; i'd talk to the ball.

Rick
01-21-2008, 01:23 PM
Good info, canid. In other words, you could have a ball with the ball?

canid
01-21-2008, 01:34 PM
oh yeah. i'm not limiting my options though. i'm prone to talking to inanimate obects when i'm not doing something well; blame my computer: 'don't be lame' 'no, stope being lame', setting something up that i don't want to fall: 'stay! no, no; stay!'

Rick
01-21-2008, 02:20 PM
No need to worry, I suppose, until they starting responding.;)